Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For the New Mutants book, I'd be fine with most of the current cast, but sub out the Lost Club for other mutants or original New Mutants. The Lost Club's story has been told and I don't think they have a lot of mileage to carry on for much longer. I'd be glad to have Hellion, but Rockslide hasn't even been mentioned since halfway through X-Factor. There are a Academy X kids who have incomplete stories that could easily be introduced.

You know, I don't think my waifu would mind if I started waifu-ing Storm on the side.
    I’ll agree with that with the caveat that No-Girl should still be around, the fact that her body in Farouk’s mindscape looked like Cylobel is a hint towards something I feel. Also the strangeness of her still being a brain in a jar in the first place.

I wonder if Immortal X-men has something to do with Hope and her team

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    My wild guess:

1. Immortal X-Men: Iceman, Jean Grey, Hope, added with some other Omega Mutants
    2. Marauders: Kate Pryde, Daken, Kwannon, Somnus added with Bishop, Aurora and Tempo (confirmed)
    3. X-Force: Cable, Colossus, Deadpool, Domino, Forge
    4. Knights of X: Captain Britain, Gambit, Rachel Grey-Summers, Rictor, Shatterstar, probably have Jubilee as well, so only the title changes? Hope not!
    5. X-Men: Cyclops, Synch, Wolverine II, added with Rogue, Polaris and Sunfire. I do not think they will change the cast so soon.
    6. Legion of X: Nightcrawler, Blindfold, Juggernaut, Legion added with Doc Nemesis, Dust and Pixie (confirmed)
    7. Wolverine: Wolverine, perhaps including Omega Red
    8. New Mutants: Bei the Blood Moon, Magik, Sunspot, added with at least Cypher, hoping for Magma, as it has been to long. If they do again some kids, then I hope for Hellion, Surge, Trance and Indra to make comebacks
    9. X-Men Red: Storm and some of the SWORD cast

No idea: Beast, Madelyne

My guess is that Xavier, Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Destiny and Sinister are there as rthey are Quiet Counsil and appear in multiple titles.
    Sunspot is going to be in Secret X-Men leading that one shot prior to this. It doesn’t make sense for him to go back to New Mutants.

Im still trying to understand where this Ram V rumor came from because no one has even hinted or whispered about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Sunspot is going to be in Secret X-Men leading that one shot prior to this. It doesn’t make sense for him to go back to New Mutants.
    I'm sure he is doing that in the one shot.

That group including Tempo and Armor and Forge... all of whom are in other books, and confirmed to be in those books.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I knew it was his design! I like the details he always incorporates and Storm looks badass, but tbh I can only see this costume being apt for a short time.
    Love the spikes on the knuckles. Reminds me of this spiked gauntlet back in the day…

Hopefully there are others getting new looks too.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im still trying to understand where this Ram V rumor came from because no one has even hinted or whispered about it.
    It was told here a few month ago first by one poster that he/she heard that Ram V will be a new writer for Excalibur.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    X-Men - Gerry Duggan
    Maruaders - Steve Orlando
    X-Force - Ben Percy
    Wolverine - Ben Percy
    Immortal X-Men -al ewing
    Knights of X -tini howard
    X-Men Red - gerry duggan
    New Mutants - Vita Ayala
    Legion of X - Si Spurrier
    So Guillen being in the X-Summit means he's "just" getting a mini?

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    X-Men - Gerry Duggan
    Maruaders - Steve Orlando
    X-Force - Ben Percy
    Wolverine - Ben Percy
    Immortal X-Men -al ewing
    Knights of X -tini howard
    X-Men Red - gerry duggan
    New Mutants - Vita Ayala
    Legion of X - Si Spurrier
    Who’s drawing these books?

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Dauterman is the designer of the new costume of Storm
    Fingers crossed for more designs and even an ongoing for him
    I would love, love LOVE Dauterman on an ongoing X title!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so some thoughts immortal x-men or x-men red for ewing or gillen...hearing that the gillen book is more of a limited series with sinister as the focus figure legion of x is limited series as well after the lackluster sales of way of x maybe spurrier gets another 5 issues. Still hearing ram v is on a book....and that percy is just writing either wolverine or x-force not both.... knights of x is excalibur repackaged with all new creators mostly the same cast with a few additions. Also hearing there is a great apcoplyse led/team book in development but might not be until wave 2 of destiny of x
    Oof, I need that book!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting. Isn’t Hickman a sales magnet?
    Apparently not. My guess is there have been diminishing returns on his stories, and the vagueness of what's happening in Inferno have worked against it. But that's just a theory.

Moon Knight has been super good, so at least a genuinely good comic is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I hope they're getting new writers, because sales have been trending downward for the entire X line these last couple months. Moon Knight and Thor are selling better than Inferno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting. Isn’t Hickman a sales magnet?
    Apparently not. My guess is there have been diminishing returns on his stories, and the vagueness of what's happening in Inferno have worked against it. But that's just a theory.

Moon Knight has been super good, so at least a genuinely good comic is doing well.
    Politely, this take is completely nonsensical.

For starters?

You have a book where every single one of the serious "Hickman..." fans reading it know exactly how Marvel did the guy.

Past that?

How is the company supposed to hang onto any momentum this "Kinda Wrap Up?..." book might have when it is contending with pandemic related delays?

It was just a theory. You don't need to get mean over it.

Almost every book in the Big 2 companies has been hit with covid problems. But its still a bad sign when your big wrap up book is struggling. Not to mention most of the X line is struggling to remain in the top 50. The relaunch is needed, but I would worry that the boost from a slew of Number 1s won't be enough without better staying power.

It was just a theory. You don't need to get mean over it.

Almost every book in the Big 2 companies has been hit with covid problems. But its still a bad sign when your big wrap up book is struggling. Not to mention most of the X line is struggling to remain in the top 50. The relaunch is needed, but I would worry that the boost from a slew of Number 1s won't be enough without better staying power.
    Politely, that's not anywhere near getting mean.

It's just a completely unrealistic expectation once you take an even remotely serious look at the specifics.

It's a wrap up book that I cannot come up with a single reason actual "Hickman..." fans would be enthusiastic about.

Doubly, so when you expect it to single-handedly shoulder the rest of the line.

Straight talk...

Let Hickman write the entire line without company interference.

Then, see how much of a draw he is.