Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 506
  1. #241
    Spectacular Member alanyoung909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This would be very disappointing if true. Duggan and Percy should not be writing two books each, they are both mediocre at best. If Howard must remain on the X-books the very least she could do is drop the characters from her cast she clearly has no ideas for and just write a Betsy book. Really hoping for better news.
    When I think about it, Duggan getting two X-Books makes some amount of sense to me.
    Gerry Duggan always writes 3 books for Marvel at any one time. I think it's baked into his pay rate.

    In late 2020, he had Marauders / Cable / Savage Avengers.
    When Cable came to an end in July 2021, he had X-Men / Marauders / Savage Avengers.
    When Marauders comes to an end this month, he'll have X-Men / Devil's Reign: X-Men / Savage Avengers.

    Devil's Reign: X-Men and Savage Avengers both end by March 2022, leaving only X-Men.
    So it makes sense to me that he'll get two more Marvel books in Spring 2022 - one X-book and one non-X-book.
    Whether X-Men Red is the X-book he is getting - well, he recently wrote X-Men Green in the Unlimited format (and even hinted that there will be more X-Men Green next year), which at the very least shows that he likes the X-Men (colour) format of books.
    If X-Men Red isn't the Mars book, then I can definitely see it being the expansion book for Gerry Duggan's X-Men.

    Regarding Benjamin Percy, he writes about 2 books for Marvel (+ a bunch of indie minis and a TV show he's working on which keeps him busy).
    He has a Ghost Rider ongoing launching next year.
    I think that it's a bit unlikely that he will be doing both X-Force and Wolverine in the relaunch, especially when he'll be coming off a 10-week weekly event.
    bishop66 says that he will be doing only one of those, and between the two I think that it is more likely that he sticks to the Wolverine solo and someone else gets X-Force. But I'm not sure.

  2. #242
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    970

    Default

    If Duggan needs to write 3 books, then they should be Avengers books!

    Uncanny Avengers was amazing but he has been really inconsistent on the X-brand.

    Marauders was good if you were an Emma/Kate fan but he messed it up by screwing the others over (Bishop and Iceman most notably). As an Emma solo, it would've been perfect though. So I guess Devil's Reign will be good?

    X-MEN started off really good but is kinda stalling now.

    X-MEN Green has absolutely no redemption though.

    And Savage Avengers seems well accepted?

  3. #243
    féministe intersectionnel Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    This actually sounds underwhelming then it shows. Not sure why they can't bring Gillen or Hickman back again
    Gillen’s coming back, it’s just for an unannounced book.

  4. #244
    féministe intersectionnel Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    If Duggan needs to write 3 books, then they should be Avengers books!

    Uncanny Avengers was amazing but he has been really inconsistent on the X-brand.

    Marauders was good if you were an Emma/Kate fan but he messed it up by screwing the others over (Bishop and Iceman most notably). As an Emma solo, it would've been perfect though. So I guess Devil's Reign will be good?

    X-MEN started off really good but is kinda stalling now.

    X-MEN Green has absolutely no redemption though.

    And Savage Avengers seems well accepted?
    The flagship X-Men title is treading water until after the Lives/Deaths minis are over. There are big plans coming down the line.

  5. #245
    féministe intersectionnel Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Rumor I’m hearing is that Bryan Hitch might be doing something X-related in the near future.

  6. #246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Gillen’s coming back, it’s just for an unannounced book.
    They have been teasing that on x-slack for months now.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  7. #247
    féministe intersectionnel Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    They have been teasing that on x-slack for months now.
    I know, so it must be something big if they’re still not announcing what it is yet.

  8. #248
    Mighty Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Rumor I’m hearing is that Bryan Hitch might be doing something X-related in the near future.
    I sincerely hope he isn’t. He’s alright but the thing with his art is that everyone ends up with the exact same face. It’s weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Y’all don’t like anything, let me leave and enjoy what I was given.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And no thank you to the dusty mansion and perpetual extinction status quo.

  9. #249
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Rumor I’m hearing is that Bryan Hitch might be doing something X-related in the near future.
    He recently told on twitter that he is drawing only Venom even an bigger stuff not X related.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 12-08-2021 at 04:41 AM.

  10. #250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    He recently told on twitter that he is drawing only even an bigger stuff not X related.
    Venom?

    10char
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  11. #251
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Venom?

    10char
    Edited. He told Venom and bigger stuff. Not X related.

  12. #252
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    So we can already say a lot of the posters claiming they were “insiders” in this thread don’t actually know what they are talking about based on the immortal announcement.

  13. #253
    Mighty Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So we can already say a lot of the posters claiming they were “insiders” in this thread don’t actually know what they are talking about based on the immortal announcement.
    Yep, that should really come as no surprise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Y’all don’t like anything, let me leave and enjoy what I was given.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And no thank you to the dusty mansion and perpetual extinction status quo.

  14. #254
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,860

    Default

    I totally called Gillen was writing Immortal. Everyone was trusting the "sources" lol.
    Now it's pretty much confirmed X-men Red will be by Ewing and focus on the cosmic side.

  15. #255
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I totally called Gillen was writing Immortal. Everyone was trusting the "sources" lol.
    Now it's pretty much confirmed X-men Red will be by Ewing and focus on the cosmic side.
    So do you think Deadpool is on the red team or just joining Percy’s X-Force book?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •