Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hey! Where's Captain Krakoa?
    He's on the teaser between Cable and Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If Duggan is writing X-Men Red I’m even more convinced it’s a Deadpool led book. Though does he really need two X-Men books?
    Deadpool is definitely headed to X-Force. Percy and Duggan were constantly dropping hints about Deadpool joining X-Force in the near future back during the Hellfire Gala.
    If Duggan is really writing X-Men Red (and that's a big IF), then I suspect that X-Men Red will become a companion book to Duggan's X-Men. The Avengers Forever to his flagship Avengers basically. This means that Duggan has big plans for his X-Men.

I also don’t know why the X-Office needed months of hiatus if the creatives teams weren’t actually changing that much, unless X Lives/Deaths actually does have a huge impact on the status quo.
    I think XLoW/XDoW will have the same amount of impact on the line as XoS and Hellfire Gala (as in they will massively impact the status quo of a couple of books, one or two new books will be launched from it, but the rest of the line won't be affected). The real reason they needed so much time for the relaunch is so that they can build up a decent backlog of issues before it launches. Hopefully they can get through at least the first six issues of these new books without fill-in artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I’ve heard from a source that Storm is in Immortal X-Men, which is essentially replacing S.W.O.R.D. I cannot divulge anything else.
    That would seem to fit since Ewing wrote Immortal Hulk and has been writing Storm. However I think the X-men Red title threw everyone for a loop and they assume “red” is for Mars and this is the Planet Arakko based team. If Immortal X-men ends up being that team, though, then I’m not sure why they’d call that book X-men Red… unless it’s led by Jean, which would be odd since she’s already in X-men.

Regardless, my belief was that Ewing would keep Storm and Cable and have a Mars/Planet Arakko based team of X-men. Whether that’s Immortal or Red remains to be seen I suppose. Then again, I could see a scenario where the cast of Immortal X-men is the line-up we got in the teasers (Wolverine, Storm, Hope Summers, Sinister, Magneto and Destiny) and Cable is taking over X-Force with Deadpool, Domino and some others. I’d hate for Ewing to lose him, though, as he wrote him so well in Cable: Reloaded.

Guess we’ll see…

I've tried sorting the characters from the teaser into the books I think they will end up in.
    I'm going by the assumption that Immortal X-Men is indeed the S.W.O.R.D. sequel like what MAR420X and Mercury say.

(The characters are listed in alphabetical order)

1. Immortal X-Men: Cable, Storm
    2. Marauders: Daken, Kate Pryde, Psylocke, Somnus
    3. X-Force: Beast, Colossus, Deadpool, Domino, Forge
    4. Knights of X: Captain Britain, Gambit?, Rachel Grey-Summers, Rictor, Shatterstar
    5. X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Synch, Wolverine II
    6. Legion of X: Blindfold, Juggernaut, Legion, Nightcrawler
    7. Wolverine: Omega Red, Wolverine
    8. New Mutants: Bei the Blood Moon, Goblin Queen, Magik, Sunspot?
    9. X-Men Red: ???

The unsorted characters are: Destiny, Emma Frost, Hope, Iceman, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Mystique, Professor X.
    I don't think that Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Destiny will become cast members of any book. Like in the Dawn of X and Reign of X eras, they will just appear in the Quiet Council scenes.
    I think Mr Sinister might end up in an unannounced book (possibly the Kieron Gillen one?). Maybe Hope and the Five will end up there as well, something about the Resurrection Protocols.
    Depending on what exactly X-Men Red is, I can see Iceman ending up there. Gambit might end up here as well if he is not in Knights of X.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 12-07-2021 at 05:04 AM.

lmao same writers, same books with new titles, same costumes. some relaunch that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Emma is wearing her diaper costume again and I can't help but ask what was Jumbo smoking when he approved that decision?
    Lol, diaper costume is right! It looks terrible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Storm has Red X on her costume so she probably leads X-Men Red on Red Mars planet as Sword relaunch.
    I’m also hoping X-Men: Red is an Arakko book. That whole concept is ripe for good storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I dont see how having Immortal and Red xmen makes the xmen election impossible. Xmen, is the main team, the one that represents Krakoa so unless all these new xmen books represent krakoa then i can see the election not happens anymore
    That’s pretty much how I’m thinking it’ll work.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I feel like Gillen is most likely doing a Sinister book with a focus on the Chimeras.
    I would read the **** outta that!

As for my thoughts on this: I’m excited and cautiously optimistic. I want more development for the Arakko mutants, specifically. Outside of that I want more like Marauders, S.W.O.R.D, Hellions and X-Factor and less like X-Corp and Excalibur. That’s about it.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 12-07-2021 at 05:19 AM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I've tried sorting the characters from the teaser into the books I think they will end up in.
    I'm going by the assumption that Immortal X-Men is indeed the S.W.O.R.D. sequel like what MAR420X and Mercury say.

(The characters are listed in alphabetical order)

1. Immortal X-Men: Cable, Storm
    2. Marauders: Daken, Kate Pryde, Psylocke, Somnus
    3. X-Force: Beast, Colossus, Deadpool, Domino, Forge
    4. Knights of X: Captain Britain, Gambit?, Rachel Grey-Summers, Rictor, Shatterstar
    5. X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Synch, Wolverine II
    6. Legion of X: Blindfold, Juggernaut, Legion, Nightcrawler
    7. Wolverine: Omega Red, Wolverine
    8. New Mutants: Bei the Blood Moon, Goblin Queen, Magik, Sunspot?
    9. X-Men Red: ???

The unsorted characters are: Destiny, Emma Frost, Hope, Iceman, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Mystique, Professor X.
    I don't think that Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and Destiny will become cast members of any book. Like in the Dawn of X and Reign of X eras, they will just appear in the Quiet Council scenes.
    I think Mr Sinister might end up in an unannounced book (possibly the Kieron Gillen one?). Maybe Hope and the Five will end up there as well, something about the Resurrection Protocols.
    Depending on what exactly X-Men Red is, I can see Iceman ending up there. Gambit might end up here as well if he is not in Knights of X.

Thoughts?
    I hope you’re right about Immortal X-men and it’s Ewing’s book. Love how he wrote Nathan in Cable: Reloaded and he writes a great Storm, and is just a great writer in general (IMO he’s the best writer left now that Hickman’s gone).

Regarding X-Force… yeah, I just don’t see this lineup without Logan in it. Especially since it’s Percy and he’s clear a Logan stan. Then again, perhaps after XLoW/XDoW he wants to only use him in his solo to let him cool off due to over-saturation, and Deadpool is an equally popular character to replace him with in the X-Force lineup. But I still think X-Force will have one or two more characters regardless.

In terms of the rest… I think your guesses are probably pretty directionally correct. And I also have no idea about X-men Red, but if Duggan’s writing it then it’s clearly a companion book to his X-men title. Possibly led by Jean with her and Scott both leading a squad of X-men, and they just decided to split up in order to cover more ground with two teams since there’s so much protecting of the world to be done.

Fantastic Member

so some thoughts immortal x-men or x-men red for ewing or gillen...hearing that the gillen book is more of a limited series with sinister as the focus figure legion of x is limited series as well after the lackluster sales of way of x maybe spurrier gets another 5 issues. Still hearing ram v is on a book....and that percy is just writing either wolverine or x-force not both.... knights of x is excalibur repackaged with all new creators mostly the same cast with a few additions. Also hearing there is a great apcoplyse led/team book in development but might not be until wave 2 of destiny of x

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Speaking of Hope, if you look at the “Choose Your Destiny” teaser for her, you’ll notice that there is a lot of destruction in the background. Could it be hinting at the possibility of the six-second war? To refresh your memory:

Messiah Complex established that the mutant messiah will save mutantkind, mutants will thrive for a time because of the messiah, and then the messiah kills millions of humans in the “six-second war”, and then everything falls a part for mutantkind.

Hope has saves mutantkind: Check.

Mutants thrive after conquering death thanks to Hope: Check.

Kills millions of humans and ends of the Dawn of X: ???
    The irony here is that the writers then had Bishop himself kill 7 billion people (including almost all at the time remaining mutants safe for Cannonball and Deadpool) with ABC weapons he unleashed across the globe, wiping out almost all of humanity in six seconds.

Perhaps it's better that whole thing is put ad acta and not brought back, because i'm pretty sure everyone likes to pretend that period of Bishop's character doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yeah I'm confused, is that a prediction or the official line up of writers? I can't find that info anywhere.
    I think those are just the characters they either want to hype up for the comming status quo (Somnus) or who they want to get people hyped with (all the long established classic characters).

Every team member not on this image might end up just being filler or wallpaper again.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-07-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I didn't link Immortal X-Men to Immortal Hulk by Ewing. But now that I see it...makes perfect sense. And I don't see him abandoning the work he's done in SWORD or those characters...so yeah...

Immortal X-Men is revamped SWORD starring Storm and Cable
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This is going to be so epic.

Seriously, I don't think enough X-Men fans appreciate how far the franchise has come. Just a few years ago, mutants were being pushed aside to make way for other franchises that Disney owned the movie rights to. That's how we got stuff like Extraordinary X-Men and Death of X. It's also why we got that dumb retcon about the Maximoff twins not being mutants.

But now, things are changing. The X-Men have evolved and progressed to a point where they're more than just mutants relegated to their own sliver of the Marvel universe. They have their own identity, culture, and heritage. It's pretty remarkable. And I love seeing them grow and blossom in the Krakoa era. It's quite possibly the most promising it's been for the franchise since the mid-90s.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

My wild guess:

1. Immortal X-Men: Iceman, Jean Grey, Hope, added with some other Omega Mutants
    2. Marauders: Kate Pryde, Daken, Kwannon, Somnus added with Bishop, Aurora and Tempo (confirmed)
    3. X-Force: Cable, Colossus, Deadpool, Domino, Forge
    4. Knights of X: Captain Britain, Gambit, Rachel Grey-Summers, Rictor, Shatterstar, probably have Jubilee as well, so only the title changes? Hope not!
    5. X-Men: Cyclops, Synch, Wolverine II, added with Rogue, Polaris and Sunfire. I do not think they will change the cast so soon.
    6. Legion of X: Nightcrawler, Blindfold, Juggernaut, Legion added with Doc Nemesis, Dust and Pixie (confirmed)
    7. Wolverine: Wolverine, perhaps including Omega Red
    8. New Mutants: Bei the Blood Moon, Magik, Sunspot, added with at least Cypher, hoping for Magma, as it has been to long. If they do again some kids, then I hope for Hellion, Surge, Trance and Indra to make comebacks
    9. X-Men Red: Storm and some of the SWORD cast

No idea: Beast, Madelyne

My guess is that Xavier, Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Destiny and Sinister are there as rthey are Quiet Counsil and appear in multiple titles.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I see Jean’s still stuck in the 70s. Wtf.

I wonder if the Rogue fans are going to blame Rogue’s absence on Jean…
    Oh please, a lot of us don't care. Although I know which ones your referring to.
    Me personally, I'm bummed I don't see Rogue but that is no fault of any characters. I figured they got something planned for her down the line so i can wait.
    My gripe is that Rogue, Jean, and some other mutants have these water downed outdated uniforms. How about the x-office be a bit more GENEROUS w/new outfits for other characters. Most of them looking like trash next to Storm wardrobes imo

I wouldn’t say she’s irrelevant cause she’s been the definitive lead of Excalibur from start to finish. Now has she been well-written… that’s a matter of personal preference.
    Excalibur is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    My wild guess:

1. Immortal X-Men: Iceman, Jean Grey, Hope, added with some other Omega Mutants
    2. Marauders: Kate Pryde, Daken, Kwannon, Somnus added with Bishop, Aurora and Tempo (confirmed)
    3. X-Force: Cable, Colossus, Deadpool, Domino, Forge
    4. Knights of X: Captain Britain, Gambit, Rachel Grey-Summers, Rictor, Shatterstar, probably have Jubilee as well, so only the title changes? Hope not!
    5. X-Men: Cyclops, Synch, Wolverine II, added with Rogue, Polaris and Sunfire. I do not think they will change the cast so soon.
    6. Legion of X: Nightcrawler, Blindfold, Juggernaut, Legion added with Doc Nemesis, Dust and Pixie (confirmed)
    7. Wolverine: Wolverine, perhaps including Omega Red
    8. New Mutants: Bei the Blood Moon, Magik, Sunspot, added with at least Cypher, hoping for Magma, as it has been to long. If they do again some kids, then I hope for Hellion, Surge, Trance and Indra to make comebacks
    9. X-Men Red: Storm and some of the SWORD cast

No idea: Beast, Madelyne

My guess is that Xavier, Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Destiny and Sinister are there as rthey are Quiet Counsil and appear in multiple titles.
    Beast in X-Force, Madelyne in the New Mutants, Bei in Knights.