Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Yeah I'm confused, is that a prediction or the official line up of writers? I can't find that info anywhere.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    X-Men - Gerry Duggan
    Maruaders - Steve Orlando
    X-Force - Ben Percy
    Wolverine - Ben Percy
    Immortal X-Men -al ewing
    Knights of X -tini howard
    X-Men Red - gerry duggan
    New Mutants - Vita Ayala
    Legion of X - Si Spurrier
    Yoooo! Ewing on Immortal X-Men!

Yes lemme see them DOORS!

BANNED

X-Men - Gerry Duggan
    X-Force - Ben Percy
    Wolverine - Ben Percy
    Immortal X-Men -al ewing
    X-Men Red - gerry duggan
    New Mutants - Vita Ayala
    Si Spurrier Legion book again? Isn't this the 3rd time?

Legion is becoming Cable.

X-Men - Gerry Duggan
    X-Force - Ben Percy
    Wolverine - Ben Percy
    Immortal X-Men -al ewing
    X-Men Red - gerry duggan
    New Mutants - Vita Ayala
    This is interesting, is this a leak from you or is this just your speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm, so only Orlando is new? I believe there are a couple of new writers unless that includes LaValle. I would have bet that Gillen was returning.
    There are definitely some books that have not been announced yet. I think these 9 books just announced will launch in April 2022 (in the case of X-Men and New Mutants, continue in April 2022) and the other unannounced books will launch in the following months.
    We know that Victor LaValle is launching Sabretooth in February, and in the announcement it said that LaValle is writing a 'triptych' of X-Books (meaning Sabretooth will be followed by two other X-Men mini-series by LaValle).
    Kieron Gillen is most likely writing something for the X-line, but like bishop44 reported some time ago, I believe he is writing a mini-series that will come out a bit later. My speculation is that Gillen's book will focus on Mr. Sinister and the Chimeras.
    There were also rumors that Ram V is writing an X-book. I had thought that he would be taking over either X-Force or Excalibur, but if MAR420X is correct that Percy and Howard are still on those books, then Ram might be on a new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Si Spurrier Legion book again? Isn't this the 3rd time?

Legion is becoming Cable.
    I mean, didn't we already know that this book was coming? We also have a good idea on the cast of the book, Spurrier advertised his follow-up to Way of X on the back of The Onslaught Revelation.

EDIT: Though I do wonder if the actual team will still be called Legionaries by the time the book launches next year. Do you reckon the lawyers from DC Comics made a call?
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 12-06-2021 at 11:01 PM.

X-Men - Gerry Duggan
    X-Force - Ben Percy
    Wolverine - Ben Percy
    Immortal X-Men -al ewing
    X-Men Red - gerry duggan
    New Mutants - Vita Ayala
    I like the line ups here. I wish her the best but I’m happy that Williams does not appear on this list as well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Guys, that list is clearly just speculation.

I'm sure Gillen's book is part of this announcement. I'm expecting him to handle Immortal X-men, featuring Sinister and Hope.
    Ewing's book is probably X-men Red, the SWORD replacement book set on Mars.
    Knights of X is the new Excalibur, probably written by Leah Williams.
    Legion of X is obviously Spurrier's follow up to Way of X.
    I think Deadpool is rejoining X-force (ugh), but I hope in the very least the book gets a better writer than Percy. They can even keep the mutant CIA concept as long as they do something with it this time.

I don't expect there to be many changes for X-men and New Mutants. And we already know about the new Marauders.
    I'm very curious about where Emma will land, thought. Possibly Immortal? Gillen loves her and that title will need popular characters.

Ps: Once again I'm disappointed they didn't bother redesigning most costumes. Weird that the one character that didn't need a redesign (Storm) got one and Jean is still looking like that lol

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Literally no changes??? This is disappointing AF. I hope youre just guessing.

I really dislike Storm's costume here. Dauterman's look was flawless...

...there are some big players missing? Exodus, Moira, Rogue, Bishop, Sunfire?

Is Xavier back in a wheelchair after Inferno?

is S.W.O.R.D gone?

I love legion's look! Very omega mutant chic.

--

Leinil Francis Yu interpretation of Jean's ugly ass costume is absolutely the worst. That mask!

I think it is funny to see so many Jean Grey versions at the same time: Jean, Rachel, Goblin Queen, Hope...Can they please be all in X-Men Red?
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-06-2021 at 11:32 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    nah, they've been pretty on point with a lot of the leaks

lol, I guess we're still gonna get whack Otherworld stories for a while

I’ve heard from a source that Storm is in Immortal X-Men, which is essentially replacing S.W.O.R.D. I cannot divulge anything else.

Ok fine title changes are different but we know what trajectory most of the series were going on. So there’s nothing fresh or rejuvenating.

Maybe a different artist but some of these writers already had issues with their slow burn style and trying to really make long form story telling happen when they couldn’t even pull it off.

There’s no oomph or excitement when you just have the same writers completing their stories w just a title change.

Ok I’ll stop bitching now.

Let’s parse the wording here…

Rising out of the ashes of INFERNO and emerging out of the vital time-travelling mission in X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE comes The Second Krakoan Age of X-Men: DESTINY OF X! Mutantkind’s future is reshaped once more, as Krakoa’s greatest triumphs and most crushing challenges still lie ahead. As last week’s CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY teasers showed, the possibilities are endless!

This new era will kick off with new titles such as IMMORTAL X-MEN, KNIGHTS OF X, LEGION OF X, and X-MEN RED, a stellar new creative team takeover on MARAUDERS, and revolutionary status quo changes for continuing titles X-MEN, X-FORCE, NEW MUTANTS, and WOLVERINE.

Fans can get their first peek at what’s to come in a new promotional image by Leini Francis Yu and Sunny Gho, an epic group shot starring some of the major players of the franchise’s upcoming sagas!

“The journey of the Krakoan Age is far from over!” Senior Editor Jordan D. White promises. “Our long-term plan that all our creators have been working on in our secret Council Chamber has only just begun to come to fruition. With the filling of the two empty council seats, the Reign of X has ended, and it’s time for mutantkind to reach for their destiny!”
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...keups-and-more

TeeHee!

I hope they're getting new writers, because sales have been trending downward for the entire X line these last couple months. Moon Knight and Thor are selling better than Inferno.

MAR420X has had some scoops in the past (covers, plot points, etc.) so that's where the confusion comes from.

Knights of X is the new Excalibur, probably written by Leah Williams.
    Unless Tini Howard is just not writing X-Books anymore, I don't see how this isn't Howard's book. I agree with you that this is the Excalibur sequel, and it will probably feature the Captain Britain Corps (hence the 'Knights') and the remaining members of Excalibur trying to take back Starlight Citadel and Otherworld.

I think Deadpool is rejoining X-force (ugh), but I hope in the very least the book gets a better writer than Percy. They can even keep the mutant CIA concept as long as they do something with it this time.
    Deadpool is definitely joining X-Force - Percy and Duggan have been hinting at it for quite some time.

I'm very curious about where Emma will land, thought. Possibly Immortal? Gillen loves her and that title will need popular characters.
    I feel like Gillen is most likely doing a Sinister book with a focus on the Chimeras.
    To me, Immortal X-Men sounds like a book that will focus on The Five and the Resurrection Protocols. This might either be written by Leah Williams or at least be based on the (redacted) Resurrection Protocols material Leah Williams came up with for X-Factor that she never got the chance to reveal.
    I've speculated before that Emma might end up in a book that is a fusion of the Hellfire Corporation and the X-Corp board. We know that Steve Orlando's Marauders is basically an pirate adventure book divorced from the Hellfire Trading Company, so The Hellfire Board (Emma Frost, Christian Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Shinobi Shaw, Harry Leland) need a new book to go to. The X-Corp board (Angel, Monet, Selene, Mastermind, Trinary) are also similarly in need of a new book. One solution is to just combine these two into one book that focuses on the production, distribution (Hellfire) and financing (X-Corp) of the mutant drugs.

Ps: Once again I'm disappointed they didn't bother redesigning most costumes. Weird that the one character that didn't need a redesign (Storm) got one and Jean is still looking like that lol
    The costumes thing comes from a combination of limited budget and chronic laziness on the part of the editors.
    I've never seen an office more obsessed with old costumes than the X-Office. When the Fantastic Four (The World's Most Nostalgic Comic Magazine) can get new costumes every 25 issues but 99% of your characters don't get redesigns when they enter a new era, you know you have serious problems.
    Regarding Jean Grey, she is definitely getting a costume change by X-Men 12. Duggan has been blatantly teasing this on his Twitter. It's just that they did not want to spoil the costume on the teaser.