Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This would be very disappointing if true. Duggan and Percy should not be writing two books each, they are both mediocre at best. If Howard must remain on the X-books the very least she could do is drop the characters from her cast she clearly has no ideas for and just write a Betsy book. Really hoping for better news.
    When I think about it, Duggan getting two X-Books makes some amount of sense to me.
    Gerry Duggan always writes 3 books for Marvel at any one time. I think it's baked into his pay rate.

In late 2020, he had Marauders / Cable / Savage Avengers.
    When Cable came to an end in July 2021, he had X-Men / Marauders / Savage Avengers.
    When Marauders comes to an end this month, he'll have X-Men / Devil's Reign: X-Men / Savage Avengers.

Devil's Reign: X-Men and Savage Avengers both end by March 2022, leaving only X-Men.
    So it makes sense to me that he'll get two more Marvel books in Spring 2022 - one X-book and one non-X-book.
    Whether X-Men Red is the X-book he is getting - well, he recently wrote X-Men Green in the Unlimited format (and even hinted that there will be more X-Men Green next year), which at the very least shows that he likes the X-Men (colour) format of books.
    If X-Men Red isn't the Mars book, then I can definitely see it being the expansion book for Gerry Duggan's X-Men.

Regarding Benjamin Percy, he writes about 2 books for Marvel (+ a bunch of indie minis and a TV show he's working on which keeps him busy).
    He has a Ghost Rider ongoing launching next year.
    I think that it's a bit unlikely that he will be doing both X-Force and Wolverine in the relaunch, especially when he'll be coming off a 10-week weekly event.
    bishop66 says that he will be doing only one of those, and between the two I think that it is more likely that he sticks to the Wolverine solo and someone else gets X-Force. But I'm not sure.

Mighty Member

If Duggan needs to write 3 books, then they should be Avengers books!

Uncanny Avengers was amazing but he has been really inconsistent on the X-brand.

Marauders was good if you were an Emma/Kate fan but he messed it up by screwing the others over (Bishop and Iceman most notably). As an Emma solo, it would've been perfect though. So I guess Devil's Reign will be good?

X-MEN started off really good but is kinda stalling now.

X-MEN Green has absolutely no redemption though.

And Savage Avengers seems well accepted?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    This actually sounds underwhelming then it shows. Not sure why they can't bring Gillen or Hickman back again
    Gillen’s coming back, it’s just for an unannounced book.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    If Duggan needs to write 3 books, then they should be Avengers books!

Uncanny Avengers was amazing but he has been really inconsistent on the X-brand.

Marauders was good if you were an Emma/Kate fan but he messed it up by screwing the others over (Bishop and Iceman most notably). As an Emma solo, it would've been perfect though. So I guess Devil's Reign will be good?

X-MEN started off really good but is kinda stalling now.

X-MEN Green has absolutely no redemption though.

And Savage Avengers seems well accepted?
    The flagship X-Men title is treading water until after the Lives/Deaths minis are over. There are big plans coming down the line.

Rumor I’m hearing is that Bryan Hitch might be doing something X-related in the near future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Gillen’s coming back, it’s just for an unannounced book.
    They have been teasing that on x-slack for months now.

They have been teasing that on x-slack for months now.
    I know, so it must be something big if they’re still not announcing what it is yet.

Rumor I’m hearing is that Bryan Hitch might be doing something X-related in the near future.
    I sincerely hope he isn’t. He’s alright but the thing with his art is that everyone ends up with the exact same face. It’s weird.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

He recently told on twitter that he is drawing only Venom even an bigger stuff not X related.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 12-08-2021 at 04:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    He recently told on twitter that he is drawing only even an bigger stuff not X related.
    Venom?

10char

Venom?

10char
    Edited. He told Venom and bigger stuff. Not X related.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So we can already say a lot of the posters claiming they were “insiders” in this thread don’t actually know what they are talking about based on the immortal announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So we can already say a lot of the posters claiming they were “insiders” in this thread don’t actually know what they are talking about based on the immortal announcement.
    Yep, that should really come as no surprise though.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I totally called Gillen was writing Immortal. Everyone was trusting the "sources" lol.
    Now it's pretty much confirmed X-men Red will be by Ewing and focus on the cosmic side.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I totally called Gillen was writing Immortal. Everyone was trusting the "sources" lol.
    Now it's pretty much confirmed X-men Red will be by Ewing and focus on the cosmic side.
    So do you think Deadpool is on the red team or just joining Percy’s X-Force book?