Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Man, Percy staying on X-Force would be a bummer. It’s just been so damn bad. Actually, worse than just bad IMO, rather it’s been dull. I’d rather something be bad but in a way that still has some entertainment value versus just writing forgettable stories that go nowhere. There’s just no real payoff to any of it. Bores me to tears.

If he must stay on X-Force, hopefully a cast shakeup will do the book some good and unlock better stories from him. Trying to be optimistic here…

I can't believe how much I enjoyed X-Force in the first couple of issues. It felt like the leading series after House of X. And then it fell like a rock...

I think the writer, Percy, can definitely write! Not sure what really the issues are but I think it is something behind the scene?! Maybe time issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I can't believe how much I enjoyed X-Force in the first couple of issues. It felt like the leading series after House of X. And then it fell like a rock...

I think the writer, Percy, can definitely write! Not sure what really the issues are but I think it is something behind the scene?! Maybe time issues?
    Completely agree. That first arc was f’ing badass… and then… woof. It went nowhere from there.

His Wolverine is fine - I even like Jeff Bannister and his daughter! Dunno why X-Force doesn't work, but it doesn't seem to know what it is.

Are they a secret force dispatching threats to Krakoa in the shadows before anyone even realises they exist? - not really, most of the previous incarnations showed that better.
    Are they the mutant CIA, raising difficult questions about where the line is with what is ok in the name of national security? Sometimes, nearly, like when they messed up a Latin American country.
    Are they a basic citizen's militia running down to the beach with sticks when they hear screams? - most of the time, yes.

Of course there are basic narrative issues when its constantly blue balling pretty much every thread in a way that even Lord Claremont would baulk at (unless he's really into that, which seems likely).
    Last edited by Frobisher; 12-10-2021 at 08:49 AM.

There's really nothing exciting in keeping the same writers on titles even if some have a name change.

But they probably don't want to change the X-slack dynamic too much because its been working for them.

But if BP and TH are still on X-Force and KoX ill be staying away from those titles again.

Wait, Black Panther is on X-Force? How the hell did that happen?

Edit: I'm an idiot and I don't know how to read for context, apparently. Ignore my post, I can't delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Completely agree. That first arc was f’ing badass… and then… woof. It went nowhere from there.
    Same, y'all.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don’t think Percy’s X Force is bad, but for those that do, it’s possible he was just waiting for this relaunch and these upcoming events to tell some bigger stories. I imagine the first arc should be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    There's really nothing exciting in keeping the same writers on titles even if some have a name change.

But they probably don't want to change the X-slack dynamic too much because its been working for them.

But if BP and TH are still on X-Force and KoX ill be staying away from those titles again.
    Some people have been theorizing that KoX is Leah because of a recent interview she gave. Also saw someone post that there's potentially an Apocalypse book being held for the second wave so maybe that's what Tini would be on. (IMO, that would be awesome because an Apocalypse book plays to all of her strengths from Excalibur and KoX could play to Leah's strengths well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If they’re going in order on the teaser, from L to R, then we should get the X-Force announcement next. Not sure if they are, but the first two have gone that way.
    Yeah, I think it just depends if they will do the new books first or if they will do the ones with the creative team staying on as a new day.

Astonishing Member

So are we getting another Book announcement with the creative team revealed today? since we got one for Wednesday and Yesterday?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So are we getting another Book announcement with the creative team revealed today? since we got one for Wednesday and Yesterday?
    None yet wondering what the game plan is for this teasers

I was hoping for a new team/roster reveal today. Guess we’ll maybe have to wait until the solicitations come.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

I feel that xmen red might be a jean book because remember she and Scott are splitting the team plus she has a name. Xmen red is her baby and it would be kinda wierd to take that away from her and give it to storm and the arakii. But hey weirder things have happened with the xoffice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I was hoping for a new team/roster reveal today. Guess we’ll maybe have to wait until the solicitations come.
    When are solicitations expected to arrive