Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So X-Men Red has nothing to do with Jean but with Storm? Now Marvel is really messing up the title names.

Wouldn't it be better to rename it as X-Men Gold since the star is Storm as in the X-Men Blue versus Gold era?
    Remember when Claremont had Storm lead a splinter team in X-Treme X-Men, and then when Pak revived the series in vol 2, it was Dazzler leading what was basically an Exiles team?

Yeah, Marvel does whatever it wants with these titles.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why would X-Men Red have anything to do with Jean when Jean is already co-leading in X-Men (which is continuing as normal)?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why would X-Men Red have anything to do with Jean when Jean is already co-leading in X-Men (which is continuing as normal)?
    because "X-Men: Red" was her title when she returned from the dead....but Marvel uses these titles like they please.

...still waiting for this Jean-Rachel-Hope-Madelyne book. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    because "X-Men: Red" was her title when she returned from the dead....but Marvel uses these titles like they please.

...still waiting for this Jean-Rachel-Hope-Madelyne book. ;-)
    They've been using those titles as they please for quite some time now, same with Inferno that was never going to have anything to do with Maddie and Jean...how is this a surprise?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Like I said with Inferno and Trial of Magneto, they just want to nostalgia bait with past event titles. Hence why I want an editorial decree that if they must continue this trend, the next one has to be either Mutant Massacre, Decimation, or E is for Extinction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Because some people never miss a.chance to screech how "mistreated" Jean is in the Krakoa era.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Because some people never miss a.chance to screech how "mistreated" Jean is in the Krakoa era.
    oh come on, give Jean Grey fans a break. She was literally dead and non-existence for 10 years. it is not that the character has been overused in the last decade....

Dressing her in this 60s outfit is definitely considered mistreatment GALORE!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So what DO we know for sure?

As far as I know its Storm, Magneto and Iceman.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Not sure about Magneto. Storm and Cable are carrying over from S.W.O.R.D., and Iceman is a likely addition too since he was prominently displayed on the Leinil Yu drawn Destiny of X teaser and is no longer in Marauders and hasn’t been announced in any other book. So I’d give him good odds of also being in this title. Magneto is a possibility, especially with him leaving the Quiet Council apparently on that teaser for Immortal X-men… however, he could still be appearing in that book in a major way and just no longer on the QC. So I’m not as solid on him being in this book, but he’s a distinct possibility.

Basically we don’t know much beyond Al Ewing writing it, Stefano Caselli drawing it and it being the continuation or revamp of S.W.O.R.D.

And truth to tell...that's good enough for me.

Same. But I’m counting the days until January when hopefully we’ll get more info… full cast, some covers (both by whoever the cover artist is plus variants), hopefully new costumes for some characters besides just Storm, etc.

Astonishing Member

While I enjoy Ewing’s work I hope he doesn’t get burned out, he seems to be near everywhere recently.

X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold, X-Men Green.. starting to sound very Power Ranger-y and confusing. It was better when it was just Uncanny X-Men and X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold, X-Men Green.. starting to sound very Power Ranger-y and confusing. It was better when it was just Uncanny X-Men and X-Men.
    I mean with the exception of X-Men green those are all classic xmen titles

...and as far as we know there aren't any X-Men: Blue/Gold/Green books in the works, so...