Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Was just re-reading Marauders #20 and we are truly in for a real treat with Caselli art. If what he delivers for x-men red is half as good it's going to be great. and he's been leveling up quickly so i can't wait.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Looks like I’m gonna be checking out Marauders #20. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So… Storm, Cable… maybe Bobby, Magneto and/or Hope… who else do we hope makes this team?

I’m glad Nathan will be in this book. Ewing is the best writer left in the X-office now post-Hickman, at least IMO. And while it would be fun to see him on X-Force with Neena, Logan and Wade that kind of feels like a regression at this point. I’m hoping he makes some new enemies on Mars to add to his rogues gallery. Lord knows he needs more than just Stryfe! Bring back Post, as he could’ve made for a solid nemesis to Cable… especially if he resurrects the MLF or something like that. I’d also like to see Cable vs The White Sword. Give him an Arakki villain or two. Maybe an alien too, since they’ll be dealing with all sorts of extraterrestrial stuff. Fingers crossed Ewing makes my boy shine again!

Also hoping for some news on this in early January, with covers (showing full cast) and preview art. Maybe interviews with the creators teasing what to expect in this book. Stuff like that.
    I actually would love that small group to be the A-listers of the book and then the rest of SWORD and the Arakki/Great Ring featured.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Was just re-reading Marauders #20 and we are truly in for a real treat with Caselli art. If what he delivers for x-men red is half as good it's going to be great. and he's been leveling up quickly so i can't wait.
    That was indeed a beautiful issue, very dynamic with the dinner scene. The panels at the end with Emma and Shaw were gorgeous.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Darwin, somebody put Darwin on a team already.

He'd fit in well on Arakko.

Just went back and re-read Marauders #20. Didn’t realize it was Caselli on art at that time. Very nice. Even more stoked for this book now.

BANNED

The playlist in the Storm thread got me amped.

The Omegas are about to f*ck some sh*t up! This book should be worth it for feats alone, if these three are in it. And there would be an opportunity for Ewing to do some really defining work on Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The Omegas are about to f*ck some sh*t up! This book should be worth it for feats alone, if these three are in it. And there would be an opportunity for Ewing to do some really defining work on Iceman.
    I just imagine the things the three of them can do as a circuit with Cable being the telepathic link and if kora is in the issue her omega power is power amplification too so alone this team is crazy but together this team could for all intents and purposes replica the Arrako feat given Storm sits on the council with the other omegas that aided the process. What this team could theoretically accomplish is crazy and if you throw in wizkid and the concepts Al Ewing usually plays with like the Progenitors etc this could really be a book that finally allows him to tie a lot of his concepts together and i'm so here for it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I just imagine the things the three of them can do as a circuit with Cable being the telepathic link and if kora is in the issue her omega power is power amplification too so alone this team is crazy but together this team could for all intents and purposes replica the Arrako feat given Storm sits on the council with the other omegas that aided the process. What this team could theoretically accomplish is crazy and if you throw in wizkid and the concepts Al Ewing usually plays with like the Progenitors etc this could really be a book that finally allows him to tie a lot of his concepts together and i'm so here for it.
    It will look grand, it will look epic, but chances are it will have the high chance of being utterly forgettable to most, except when fans want to reinforce why their favorits are the greatest.

I think, we have too many "epic" moments with too many central x-men characters with too little distance from each other in a very short time. An inflation of such, diminishing the longterm impact of such moments to the general readership, just like with the constant "nothing is the same anymore/perfect jumping on points" events every few weeks among the big two.

The moment you describe might end up looking like a 100 trillion mark note in 1923 germany, very impressive sounding but only worth around 25 us dollar (406 today). I jest of course, but i do belief an inflation of super feats is a real issue for audiences.

So chances are the moment will be quickly forgotten while an indivual smaller feats of bravery happening elsewhere in a comic that same year will be the one remembered much more.

On that note, i really dislike the whole "circuit" explanation and how it seems to be treated as standard action for characters to perform. Not only does it sound too machine like (i keep thinking Hickman wanted to play out the irony of the mutants going on the path of machinating themself), but it also de-mystifies mutant powers while giving a cheap name to what should be exceptional rare moments.
    Again, i worry it just causes an inflation and results in increasing apathy by many readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It will look grand, it will look epic, but chances are it will have the high chance of being utterly forgettable to most, except when fans want to reinforce why their favorits are the greatest.

I think, we have too many "epic" moments with too many central x-men characters with too little distance from each other in a very short time. An inflation of such, diminishing the longterm impact of such moments to the general readership, just like with the constant "nothing is the same anymore/perfect jumping on points" events every few weeks among the big two.

The moment you describe might end up looking like a 100 trillion mark note in 1923 germany, very impressive sounding but only worth around 25 us dollar (406 today). I jest of course, but i do belief an inflation of super feats is a real issue for audiences.

So chances are the moment will be quickly forgotten while an indivual smaller feats of bravery happening elsewhere in a comic that same year will be the one remembered much more.

On that note, i really dislike the whole "circuit" explanation and how it seems to be treated as standard action for characters to perform. Not only does it sound too machine like (i keep thinking Hickman wanted to play out the irony of the mutants going on the path of machinating themself), but it also de-mystifies mutant powers while giving a cheap name to what should be exceptional rare moments.
    Again, i worry it just causes an inflation and results in increasing apathy by many readers.
    Definitely an interesting take. Honestly i don't really think about it too deeply. Like my mind is constantly bursting with idea so it's fun to just speculate but i'm pretty much a laid back reader who goes with the flow of whatever an author sets up but at the same time i commit to their vision so when they break the canon they set in their own run then i tend to have a problem. lol. other than that feats and stuff don't mean too much to me i mean i like them like everybody else but i'm more of a story guy and usually won't know how i feel about something until the moment i'm reading or watching it. sometimes i even have to work myself up to read or get into stuff because i like going into it with a free mindset.

edit: though you can tell what i have no interest in because i rather not talk about something that to engage just to be negative. like some of the upcoming stories.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-26-2021 at 05:33 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

I mostly agree. Many writers used "feats" to make up for giving those characters no depth or storyline. Iceman had zero depth or story in Marauders. Before Hickman, Storm had zero story as well but the writers would always have one issue of her pulling feats only to be ignored in stories.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I mostly agree. Many writers used "feats" to make up for giving those characters no depth or storyline. Iceman had zero depth or story in Marauders. Before Hickman, Storm had zero story as well but the writers would always have one issue of her pulling feats only to be ignored in stories.
    See this i disagree with Storm had great stories until she was pulled from the books.
    operation zero tolerance
    x-treme xmen
    the reboot when claremont first came back with xse
    even the terrigen mist we knew she could handle it but they wouldn't let her but i still enjoyed the parts she played in the overall story once you accepted the canon no one could get rid of that cloud.

sometimes i think people think people are expecting feats more than they actually are or sometimes some people turn the feats into all the story was about and thats on them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Definitely an interesting take. Honestly i don't really think about it too deeply. Like my mind is constantly bursting with idea so it's fun to just speculate but i'm pretty much a laid back reader who goes with the flow of whatever an author sets up but at the same time i commit to their vision so when they break the canon they set in their own run then i tend to have a problem. lol. other than that feats and stuff don't mean too much to me i mean i like them like everybody else but i'm more of a story guy and usually won't know how i feel about something until the moment i'm reading or watching it. sometimes i even have to work myself up to read or get into stuff because i like going into it with a free mindset.
    Yeah, that's an understandable viewpoint.

It's obviously also not bad to think about grand epic scenes and possibilities with character's and their interactions. Don't let me ruin that.

But i guess my mind is constantly drawn to the other aspects of these comics as medium, that i feel i should consider the logistics behind how such moments should be prferably set up, how often they can be repeated in a certain timeframe and when a point of oversaturation should be considered (which doesn't mean one needs to stop or never do such scenes, but merely pause and build up momentum again). There is also the factor that anything can only be done once, so such scenes should not be done lightly or per issue or even arc.

Hence why i wanted to bring it into consideration.

edit: though you can tell what i have no interest in because i rather not talk about something that to engage just to be negative. like some of the upcoming stories.
    Fair point.

Astonishing Member

With it pretty universally agreed that both Cable and Iceman are going to be in this book, please please please can Ewing give us hilariously awkward moments of Bobby reminding Cable that he used to babysit him as a baby and having all kinds of embarrassing stories about baby Nathan and Cable being like I want to kill you so bad right now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Agreed 100%

He was also the penciler for SWORD 07...where Storm puts Doom in his place.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-29-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    With it pretty universally agreed that both Cable and Iceman are going to be in this book, please please please can Ewing give us hilariously awkward moments of Bobby reminding Cable that he used to babysit him as a baby and having all kinds of embarrassing stories about baby Nathan and Cable being like I want to kill you so bad right now.
    That would be fun. I’d love to see them develop a friendship in this book.