Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Not to derail the thread but do you care to explain ? Cause from what I remember most of Kings run he doesn’t actually go against the cops very much, most situations show him as always having plans (first issue with the plane and the whole first arc with Gotham and Gotham Girl is a good example of this, then I Am Suicide. Of course post wedding this changes)). And I’m trying to think of one thing he did that aided the villain overall. I guess he messed up with Damian sending him to rescue Alfred but that didn’t make it worse.

That’s what made the Bane reveal resonate with me because prior to they had established this version of Bruce as ultra capable (again, just my perspective).
    Speaking about Gotham-Girl, will we speak about the fact he knew she had deep trauma, ditched her like an old sock and thus allowed her, a super-powered meta-human whose every use of her power killed her, to become Bane's henchman, hence insuring his reign of terror will be enforced with an even heavier hand. Or how he somehow is so into punching his kids tha it's somehow a secret language. Not really a level-headed and competent character.

Just got #118 yesterday.

I'm still trying to figure out if it was Williamson or Molina who made The Hood and Bat-Man of China look like they had been part of the pre-Batman Inc. "Club of Heroes" when they never were.

And when did Bruce ever work with Wang Baixi (Bat-Man of China) before?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just got #118 yesterday.

I'm still trying to figure out if it was Williamson or Molina who made The Hood and Bat-Man of China look like they had been part of the pre-Batman Inc. "Club of Heroes" when they never were.

Either Bat-Man is now a legacy or he's older than he looks...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe JL and JL of China have met at some point. But yeah, The Hood and Baixi being in that panel makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe JL and JL of China have met at some point. But yeah, The Hood and Baixi being in that panel makes no sense.
    And "Dark Ranger" didn't go "Dark" until that very last "Club of Heroes" get together in Batman #667-669, where he wound up getting killed.
    His side-kick (Scout) took over the Dark Ranger role later on.

I think that the name thing is fine. No need to explain that he changed his name at some point, I feel like it would just read badly and cause some additional confusion for people who don't know anything about the original team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    That's fair.

King's Batman is the same as Morrison's to me from a nebulous character point, as in both had 'the universe has changed again' starting points and are 'in continuity' (whatever that means these days) but feel separate from it due to that writer's voice overriding any previous take on Batman. The specifics of what has come before doesn't matter other than as reference points and that goes for the characters, too. King went deep on psychology of Batman's world whereas Morrison went big on the very concept of Batman. Neither really fit as what I'd call a standard Batman run.

I actually really dislike current Batman (New 52 Snyder-Batman), who just barrels into everything face-first, overrides the police force, often makes things worse ('aiding' the villain unintentionally) before staging a dramatic and violent final comeback. Tynion was (hopefully) the final extension of that as his run felt like Snyder-lite.

Mariko Tamaki's run has been a breath of fresh air to me, showing a Batman who actually CARES about individual people dying and whose purpose is to save them, rather than just existing to fight Joker in a Collapsing building with the city already on fire.
    Yeah Snyder Batman was getting grievously injured and fighting to death almost every other arc. Talon, Joker, Luthor and BWL all killed him and he was constantly returning through some Deus ex machina.