Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League Incarnate #5 Preview

Justice League Incarnate #5 Preview
    Writers: Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver
    Artists: Andrei Bressan and Jesus Merino

I guess it is pretty easy to forget Darkseid loved his first wife...Orion's mother, if I recall? I forget about Kalibak's mother.

Orion has some strong Wolverine vibes in this art.

BANNED

Huh. Wasn't darkseid stomped in the previous issue? Anyways vibrations seem to be the go to at DC for solving everything. I would like singing darkseid to lay the kibosh on the great darkness by at last delivering his heartfelt symphony on anti life while the great darkness is thinking like his creator "I always hated Morrison!".

So I'm expecting Justice League Incarnate to die horrible, terrible deaths since they're in none of the Dark Crisis art!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    So I'm expecting Justice League Incarnate to die horrible, terrible deaths since they're in none of the Dark Crisis art!
    Or they come to Earth-Prime when the JL goes missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it is pretty easy to forget Darkseid loved his first wife...Orion's mother, if I recall? I forget about Kalibak's mother.

Orion has some strong Wolverine vibes in this art.
    Suli is Kalibak’s mother and Tigra was Orion’s. Queen Hegra had Desaad murder Suli and manipulated Darkseid and Tigra into marrying.

Looks like Orion’s savage side emerged here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Suli is Kalibak’s mother and Tigra was Orion’s. Queen Hegra had Desaad murder Suli and manipulated Darkseid and Tigra into marrying.

Looks like Orion’s savage side emerged here.
    Sounds very Shakespeare.

Captain Carrot looks disturbing there. And as somebody than was attacked by a rabbit, believe me, the little critters are not that cute little harmless creatures than everybody thinks, those pests bite hard.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Huh. Wasn't darkseid stomped in the previous issue? Anyways vibrations seem to be the go to at DC for solving everything. I would like singing darkseid to lay the kibosh on the great darkness by at last delivering his heartfelt symphony on anti life while the great darkness is thinking like his creator "I always hated Morrison!".
    Darkseid can play back Leontyne Price's closing note on Aida

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Darkseid can play back Leontyne Price's closing note on Aida
    Lol imagine Darkseid as a soprano.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Captain Carrot looks disturbing there. And as somebody than was attacked by a rabbit, believe me, the little critters are not that cute little harmless creatures than everybody thinks, those pests bite hard.
    Jimmy? Jimmy Carter?

Question. Is Fawcett City in Minnesota like it says in this issue or in Philadelphia like it is in the movies. I mean I know they don't call it Fawcett City in the movies, but I always assume we were meant to assume it was. Just like Gotham is in Chicago and Metropolis is in New York.

Okay I guess I can see why this leads into Death of the Justice League/Dark Crisis but man oh man is some of this a bit out there in terms of Darkseid.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Just like Gotham is in Chicago and Metropolis is in New York.
    Wellll, not really. I've seen comics where we see Gotham from the air and it clearly looks like New York City; same in Dark Knight Rises (even though the previous film was obviously shot in Chicago). Not to mention the fact that "Gotham" is actually a longstanding nickname for NYC. Like "Springfield" in The Simpsons, both Gotham and Metropolis are platonic ideals of a certain kind of city, whose precise location is deliberately unclear.

Interesting paragraph from the Wiki article on Gotham City:
    Batman writer and editor Dennis O'Neil has said that, figuratively, Batman's Gotham City is akin to "Manhattan below 14th Street at eleven minutes past midnight on the coldest night in November". Batman artist Neal Adams has long believed that Chicago has been the basis for Gotham, stating "one of the things about Chicago is Chicago has alleys (which are virtually nonexistent in New York). Back alleys, that's where Batman fights all the bad guys." The statement "Metropolis is New York by day; Gotham City is New York by night" has been variously attributed to comics creators Frank Miller and John Byrne.
    I don't know where Adams got that bunk about a lack of alleys in New York - I'm looking out into an alley from my living room window in Brooklyn right now. There are alleys everywhere (though there are more in Chicago and they're quite different). I think that just goes to demonstrate my point about Gotham being an amalgam.

Here's a weird tidbit from the same Wiki:
    Gotham City is traditionally depicted as being located in the U.S. state of New Jersey.
    News to me. Is that generally known?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    News to me. Is that generally known?
    Yes, Gotham has been in Jersey for a long time. Metropolis, I think (don't quote me on that) is in Delaware.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!