Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

George Perez is a legendary artist..it's sad to hear this news, but he's facing it bravely...hope he and his family can enjoy his last times together as peacefully as possible..

I enjoyed his work for Marvel, but also DC..Crisis on Infinite Earths is an all time classic, and it's because of George that I got into Wonder Woman, starting with his run..

Really sad news. I wish he would overcame this, but is evidently than George has choosen to met his last chapter in his own terms. Not everybody got that option.

He even took the time to let us know. And he was not obligued to do that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Heartbreaking news. My dad died from pancreatic cancer and it's a horrible way to go. From my own experience, George made the right choose not to go for treatment - it's really not worth the extra pain and suffering it adds to the disease. Always hope for a miracle, though, and, failing that, for his last days to be as easy and peaceful as possible.

Truly one of the greatest comic book artists of all time and one of my long-time favourites.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Really horrible news for everyone. I hope he gets that photo.

This is a gut-punch .

I honestly don't know what to say other than to express my condolences to George Perez and his family and wishing them the best in such a difficult situation. The man is an utter legend in terms of his contributions to the medium and an unparalleled artist and creator, and even with such grim prospects remains such a kind and dignified man. I hope he is able to live his remaining life with his loved ones as comfortably and happy as possible.

I know this is gonna sound stupid but I actually had a tear drop, it was like hearing a part of my childhood will soon disappear.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Awful. George Perez is one of the greats, whose work is iconic and the gold standard of what comics should be.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've been collecting the early eighties run of NTT and this stings. I have no idea how he met his deadlines given how detailed his art is. And drawing NTT at the same time as COIE. He is a role model for all modern day artists. And his WW run was great. I hope his last days are as painless as possible. And he has the chance to do all the things he wants before his time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Truly devastated to hear this. He’s a legend and I this really hurts to learn.

I'm so sorry to hear this, one of the greats. Loved his work on Avengers in the late 90's with Kurt Busiek.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

George Perez is unequivocally one of the all-time greatest creators to have ever worked in comics. He's up there with Jack Kirby and Darwyn Cooke on my Mount Rushmore of comics.

While it's obviously tragic, the good thing about this is that Perez will be around long enough to enjoy having the world praise him before he's gone, rather than after it. And thanks to the royalties he's consistently received for his creations, he'll be one of the few comics creators who has been compensated regularly for his contributions to the DCU, which will hopefully allow him to live out his final days without having to worry about medical bills. That, in itself, it worth celebrating because it happens so rarely.

Astonishing Member

Horrible news. **** cancer. Lost so many to it. Thoughts go out to George Perez and his family xxx.

Perez’s contributions to comics and to DC in general is massive.

Yes, George and Marv did help save and modernize DC.

Sad, sad news. I hope he can enjoy the time he has left as much as possible.

This is very sad news. He is one of the best of all time in his field. Best wishes to him and his family in this most difficult of times.