Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Between New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Avengers and JLA/Avengers, no other artist has inspired me and honestly changed my life the way George has.

I will miss him greatly. I hope his work is remembered and honored for years to come.

God that’s terrible to hear, I just hope he’s spending his time with people he loves and who love him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

God damn it.

He will be missed. Legend.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-07-2021 at 11:50 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

George Perez's art *is* the look of DC Comics in the 1980s. A titan who brought Titans to life.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

This was a hard impact. I was just going through the tpbs I own of his and Marv Wolfman's New Teen Titans run. I was in the second out of seven.

George Pérez looks like an amazing fella, a really charismatic man that is superb towards his fanbase, and I can just hope that he spends these next months surrounded by his love ones, enjoying the time he has with them, and knowing the lasting impact and his legacy not only in comicbooks, but also in the people that read them. He has drawn, plotted and written some of my favorites stories out there, that have signified a lot in my development as a fan and as a man. May he be as well as he can in these hard times
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Oh wow. Total bummer. Perez is one of the most amazing artists to have worked in comics. He will be missed and we're quite privileged to have his art in our lives. Quite a legacy.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Damn it! this so freaking sad. George is an absolute legend.

This is sad to hear, i'll be forever grateful for his work on DC. I hope he can find peace in the coming months.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nş8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Unhappy

Terrible news. I hope he lives the rest of his life having good times with family and friends.

When you go back into the 80s with The New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and inking part 1 of Superman: Whatever Happen to the Man of Tomorrow? and then he was already a legend when I got into superhero comics in the early 90s and was still doing some great work like The Infinity Gantlet, The Avengers, The Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect, Crossgen Chronicles, Sachs and Violens, and of course his magnum opus The Avengers/JLA the last and IMHO the best of the 90s Marvel/DC crossovers. Then deciding to top that was giant poster/dust jacket to Crisis on Infinite Earths with a "hold my beer" type attitude that was needed for a piece of art that has over 500 characters on it and by that time everybody was holding his beer.

How many comic book artists of his generation have has many iconic covers featuring the heroes and villains of DC and Marvel other than the classics by the likes of Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko? I would say Perez did a lot of those for the 80-00s.

Now his stories have been translated into other mediums: Teen Titans: Judas Contract has been animated at least twice (once in the Teen Titans shows and an animated movie), Crisis on Infinite Earths was a huge live action TV show six part crossover event, and while it's an extremely loose adaption of The Infinity Gantlet both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame showed even at long last Hollywood caught up with him and no one is going to tell me that think that shot of the returning Avengers and their allies and Thanos' army was a nothing short of an homage to George Perez.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 12-07-2021 at 12:40 PM.

This is really sad news. George Perez is easily in my top 5 Artist list and his work is just so amazing. I met him once at Dragon Con in ATL. He was the nicest person you could ever meet and he signed my copies of Hulk:Future Imperfect with a smile.

Best wishes to him and his family and I hope that he doesn't suffer too much dealing with this illness.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Very sad. It's difficult to overstate his influence. It seems so nice of him to put out a statement like this, let alone try to meet fans for one more public event. I hope it makes him feel as special as he is.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

My heart and prayers go out to all the Perez family. This is heartbreaking news. A true master at his craft and he will be missed.

Damnit.
    God.
    Damnit.

Horrible news. This is awful.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

There are no words. My deepest condolences to George and his loved ones.

I can only hope the next few months are as painless as possible and he is able to spend them in any way he finds meaningful.

This really, really sucks.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Hey Hypo,

I'd be grateful if you would open this same thread on the Marvel section too please...I don't know how to post with the attachment you include, otherwise I would start the thread..

Jon