Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Bring back the Terrifics & Earth 2's Worlds Finest

The biggest mistake made with the New 52 cancel Earth 2's World Finest featuring Powergirl & Huntress along with DC's answer to Marvel's FF, the Terrifics.
    Both books were incredible reads that were intriguing and adventurous! Karen & Helena trying to find a way home to Earth2 would have loved to see them crossover with the JSA, Titans, and the Authority (Jenny Sparks as leader) . The Terrifics love the team with Phantom Girl, Plastic Man, and Metamorpho with Mr. Terrific traveling the Dark Multiverse wished the book would be still ongoing. Both book would have made great animated or live action series.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Never cared much for World's Finest with PG and Huntress, however, I would love to follow up on the adventures of the new Earth 2 post Society. As for the Terrifics, yeah, I liked it.

Peace

I would also enjoyed more Terrifics adventures. The dynamic between the characters were fun and promising and the adventure and imaginative stories were a delight to read.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Worlds' Finest was a sign that DC did want to do something with the JSA characters. Although the overall effort wasn't what many of the fans here wanted, it was something. Power Girl and the Wayne Huntress are a good pair for the JSA. They are of the younger next generation and yet, have a solid tie to the originals making them somewhat more importanter than the other Infinitors and their peers. Batman's daughter and an alternate universe Supergirl are an idea which has a lot of potential with both stories and fans. If DC can only settle on who they are and where they came from in this week's continuity, a series would be welcome to me.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Actually, even though I usually enjoyed the New 52's Worlds' Finest with Kara and Helena, I feel like their stories may have been told when they returned to (their version of) "Earth 2".
    Granted, I stopped reading about them when Paul Levitz was no longer the writer of the stories they were later involved in, but . . .

I would much rather read future stories with Kara and Helena Wayne that had nothing to do with the New 52's version of them from Earth 2.
    (In other words, a pre-Flashpoint version of them.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, even though I usually enjoyed the New 52's Worlds' Finest with Kara and Helena, I feel like their stories may have been told when they returned to (their version of) "Earth 2".
    Granted, I stopped reading about them when Paul Levitz was no longer the writer of the stories they were later involved in, but . . .

I would much rather read future stories with Kara and Helena Wayne that had nothing to do with the New 52's version of them from Earth 2.
    (In other words, a pre-Flashpoint version of them.)

I would endorse that last.

New 52 World's Finest was actually good?

I read the first 6 issues and it was probably the most boring New 52 title I've come across.

The Terrifics yes, team titles that aren't JL and TT are always welcome.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I tried World's Finest, but dropped it after #3.
    The Terrifics lasted 6 issues and I let that one go too.

I'd be more than happy if I never saw anything New 52 related again.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Loved The Terrifics and I whole-heartedly welcome more.

I could do without New 52 Power Girl, though. The direction editorial gave her really didn't work for me, and Paul Levitz knows how to write Karen, so I don't want to place the blame squarely on him.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

I read the first 6 issues and it was probably the most boring New 52 title I've come across.
    Let's just say that most people seem to agree that it was quite bad...

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Let's just say that most people seem to agree that it was quite bad...
    But not for the pencils, the pencils were great...
    Sorry, I got sad again...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But not for the pencils, the pencils were great...
    Sorry, I got sad again...
    That was a minor tragedy in that there was such great talent on the book, and it turned out so badly. Judging from comments from said talent at the time, as they fled the book in horror, it was indeed editorial that was responsible for ruining the title. But yeah, there was some art there. I think both Perez and Maguire were involved, and DC still managed to ruin it. And, as has been pointed out, no one should know Power Girl as well as Levitz, (well, Conway of course and a few others). Presumably they hobbled him too.

I didn't care for Worlds' Finest.
    And Power Girl still couldn't get a good costume.

However... I really really liked the Huntress mini-series that preceded it.

Terrifics should've stayed. DC needs more team books.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    The biggest mistake made with the New 52 cancel Earth 2's World Finest featuring Powergirl & Huntress along with DC's answer to Marvel's FF, the Terrifics.
    Both books were incredible reads that were intriguing and adventurous! Karen & Helena trying to find a way home to Earth2 would have loved to see them crossover with the JSA, Titans, and the Authority (Jenny Sparks as leader) . The Terrifics love the team with Phantom Girl, Plastic Man, and Metamorpho with Mr. Terrific traveling the Dark Multiverse wished the book would be still ongoing. Both book would have made great animated or live action series.
    Agree with Power girl and Huntress yet the Terrifics was too much like the Fantastic 4
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4