Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Fingers crossed.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Poor George. I hope he doesn't suffer any more.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Y'all I can't take anymore new like this right now.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

that's horrible, i hope he gets to spend as much time with his family and other loved ones as possible.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

George Pérez posted to Facebook, "I am so incredibly overjoyed to hear that my fanboy dream is going to be available to a whole new generation of comic book fans who weren't there when it was printed that many years ago. And it's wonderful that it's happening while I'm still alive to see it. Whatever it was that allowed this reprint to be released I am very grateful and on behalf of the fans all I can say is well done DC and Marvel! And of course, I am so elated that all profits from this re-print are going to one of my favorite personal charities!"
    DC Comics editor-in-chief Marie Javins tweeted "Here's George Perez at DC headquarters the day we showed him the cover to JLA/Avengers reprint."

Perez and Marie Javins:

Source: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/geor...rom-marvel-dc/

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Is he out of the hospital? He went in like two weeks ago, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Is he out of the hospital? He went in like two weeks ago, right?
    Currently at a hospice.

Incredible Member

As in, never leaving? Or there briefly before going home?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    As in, never leaving? Or there briefly before going home?
    Unfortunately, hospice care means that the person doesn't have long to live. I know, I have had relatives in hospice care just before they left us....

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Unfortunately, hospice care means that the person doesn't have long to live. I know, I have had relatives in hospice care just before they left us....
    when it was announced that George was entering hospice, his reps on his official FB page stated that it wasn't because the end was near but because the level of care needed was more than his wife and family could easily supply without it being a burden and impacting their quality of life, so George made the decision to enter hospice to get the care and allow him to spend time with his family and be able to enjoy that time without being an undue burden on them. So the fact he chose to enter hospice is not a sign that the end is imminent, but it might be a sign that he will not be able to engage in any more of the farewell tour types of appearances he was making.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    when it was announced that George was entering hospice, his reps on his official FB page stated that it wasn't because the end was near but because the level of care needed was more than his wife and family could easily supply without it being a burden and impacting their quality of life, so George made the decision to enter hospice to get the care and allow him to spend time with his family and be able to enjoy that time without being an undue burden on them. So the fact he chose to enter hospice is not a sign that the end is imminent, but it might be a sign that he will not be able to engage in any more of the farewell tour types of appearances he was making.

-M
    I hope your right

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I hope your right
    It can be just a bit more involved than "Imminent..." end of life care.

Seems like it comes down to the person.

There is a worthwhile breakdown here...

https://unityhospice.org/2020/01/14/...-days-of-life/

I think I am about to cry (I am not joking).

This was the official update on George's FB page maintained by his assistants on George's decision to enter hospice-it's from Feb 15.

Hi everyone,
    Last week George was in a lot of pain and we discovered it was due to an issue with his gallbladder. This caused a very serious infection. The decision was made to treat this using antibiotics and a tube to decompress the gallbladder. This went well and he has recovered from the infection.
    However, in the days following the drain occluded, causing pain and leakage. This was a huge quality of life issue. He was admitted back to the hospital on Sunday and the drain was replaced today. He feels much better.
    George, Carol and his care team have made the decision for George to be enrolled in inpatient hospice. This doesn’t mean death is imminent, it means he can spend his remaining time with his friiends and family and his wife can spend this time just being with him. This is a joy for them both.
    To all who have sent well wishes and kind sentiments, George would like to express his sincerest and most heartfelt thanks. To those of you who have sent me letters through my email, George has and is receiving them.
    This is a time during which I ask you to please respect the privacy of George and his wife. If you need to reach out, I remain available. At George’s direction, I will continue to provide updates.
    Again, thank you all for making George’s life so incredibly enriched. All of you are a testament to a life well lived and he is SO grateful. Thank you all so much.
    -Constance

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato