Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear this news and very sad. George Perez is an amazing artist and an even more amazing person. I wish him and his family the very best in the time they have left.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Incredibly sad news about Perez. The man is and always will be my favorite artist.

He is a legend. Hopefully his last days are as comfortable as possible, and he knows how much he is loved, and will be missed.

This. Sucks. Okay I refuse to just leave it at that. What I love about his art is how toyetic it was. Looking at his art was like playing with action figures. We talk about creators playing in sandboxes but his style was the only one that truly gave that impression.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-07-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

This is very sad to hear.

Astonishing Member

Horrible news. **** cancer. Lost so many to it. Thoughts go out to George Perez and his family xxx.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

These are the most saddest news ever, I really loved his art, it was, it is and it will be always my favourite artist ever, always a pleasure to read any comic he draws and also I was a big fan of his Wonder Woman run that he wrote.

I really hoped this is so wrong, sometimes doctors are wrong with their diagnostics and it will not be the first time, George is a man that deserves to live.

Extraordinary Member

What a shame, one of the best people in the comic business

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This is devastating to hear. Mr. Perez’s career and talents are legendary. From Avengers in the late 70s and late 90s, New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinity Gauntlet and more. I’ll keep him and his family in my prayers. His work has meant so much to myself and millions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    This is devastating to hear. Mr. Perez’s career and talents are legendary. From Avengers in the late 70s and late 90s, New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinity Gauntlet and more. I’ll keep him and his family in my prayers. His work has meant so much to myself and millions of others.

This...actually FEELS gigantic. I get just a hint of vertigo looking at it. How many artists can create that feeling in a comic panel? The list is probably very short.

Marvel should prioritize re-releasing TPBs of his work. They can do it.

Also the Avengers-Justice League mini should get a deluxe re-release. Something tabloid-sized with a really solid cover and binding.

Marvel (and DC) can fast-track projects if they want to, especially for stories that are already in the archives. Seriously.

So sad to hear this news. What an amazing creator.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Horrible news. One of the greatest names in the industry ever.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I know he has celebrated runs on the Titans, Wonder Woman, and of course, Crisis on Infinite Earths, but he is who I think of when I think of the Avengers. He had a terrific run in the 80's and his work with Busiek was equally impressive. He is the definitive Avengers artist for me.

Incredible Member

Met him at a con in Winnipeg in 2012. The nicest guy you could ever meet. He took time to talk to everyone, signed a bunch of books for me, and did a Wonder Man sketch for only $40. He took pictures with kids that were dressed up and had them all entranced with his art, and with his personality. He joked with me about a mistake he'd made with the art in one of the comics he signed for me (the Grim Reaper using both hands to pull on his mask, when one hand should have been a scythe), something I'd never even noticed before. He flipped through the book to show me, and we had a good laugh. Super talented and such a great guy. A tragedy for the comic industry. Hopefully he'll have some quality time left to him.