Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

this series only serves to reinforce the ideas of Superman haters. Superman is useless and his brother too, Bizarro dies, all for one man, only one crushed them and made them look ridiculous, this series seems written by someone who loves the superverse but hates Superman. very good series of superheroes and if you hate Superman, but one more nail in the coffin of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think they’re setting up his goal to actually be able to replace/help his dad one day.
    He should take the name Valor. .

Synposis for "30 Days and 30 Nights."

T'S ELECTION DAY - Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) thanks Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) for sticking up for Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) when one of the football players mother's starts dogging him for getting football season cancelled. Meanwhile, Jordan's (Alex Garfin) unexpected departure on the mayoral election day leaves Sarah (Inde Navarrette) rattled. Lastly, Natalie (Taylor Buck) and Sarah wonder if they notice a spark between John Henry (Wolé Parks) and Lana.
    Vordan will be happy about this one .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There's no doubt that Jordan is a nice kid, but these qualities don't necessarily add up to a particularly compelling person at the moment (particularly to a teenager girl). His shtick was angst. Now that it's Jon's turn to be the angsty one, Jordan is left looking a little undercooked at the moment from my perspective.
    I mean, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of Jordan and Sarah's relationship. Jordan is really into Sarah and cares about her a lot and is trying to be there for her but she just sees him as too perfect (and maybe a little too pushy) to relate to her compared to that girl she kissed.

But I don't think Jordan's done anything wrong (other than keeping his family's secret, which isn't up to him).
    I think they’re setting up his goal to actually be able to replace/help his dad one day.
    Right now he's definitely training to support Clark.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    this series only serves to reinforce the ideas of Superman haters. Superman is useless and his brother too, Bizarro dies, all for one man, only one crushed them and made them look ridiculous, this series seems written by someone who loves the superverse but hates Superman. very good series of superheroes and if you hate Superman, but one more nail in the coffin of Superman.
    He unloaded an entire arsenal's worth of Kryptonite on them as a surprise attack and threw them off. He saved Tal because Tal was in immediate danger.

Like just in the last episode we saw Superman, even without his powers, beat up a bunch of trained soldiers and in this episode manage to outwit Anderson and the military with Tal. He also beat Bizarro on his own.

Now, I want Superman winning more fights as well but I think it's unfair to call him useless. And they write Clark too well for me to think they hate Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Synposis for "30 Days and 30 Nights."

Vordan will be happy about this one .

I mean, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of Jordan and Sarah's relationship. Jordan is really into Sarah and cares about her a lot and is trying to be there for her but she just sees him as too perfect (and maybe a little too pushy) to relate to her compared to that girl she kissed.

But I don't think Jordan's done anything wrong (other than keeping his family's secret, which isn't up to him).

Right now he's definitely training to support Clark.

He unloaded an entire arsenal's worth of Kryptonite on them as a surprise attack and threw them off. He saved Tal because Tal was in immediate danger.

Like just in the last episode we saw Superman, even without his powers, beat up a bunch of trained soldiers and in this episode manage to outwit Anderson and the military with Tal. He also beat Bizarro on his own.

Now, I want Superman winning more fights as well but I think it's unfair to call him useless. And they write Clark too well for me to think they hate Superman.
    It's okay with excuses, superman fans know all the excuses, because with superman there is always one, he has lost but he contained-he has lost but kryptonite-he has lost but red sun, you lose point. that a superhero with or without powers defeat some soldiers is not a real feat, in the comics the soldiers are like the red shirts in Star Trek (they appear and die), they may write Clark well, but they write a weak superman who He totally depends on his powers and even with them he receives one beating after another, as I said they reinforce the image of a useless superman who is just powers.

It's okay with excuses, superman fans know all the excuses, because with superman there is always one, he has lost but he contained-he has lost but kryptonite-he has lost but red sun, you lose point. that a superhero with or without powers defeat some soldiers is not a real feat, in the comics the soldiers are like the red shirts in Star Trek (they appear and die), they may write Clark well, but they write a weak superman who He totally depends on his powers and even with them he receives one beating after another, as I said they reinforce the image of a useless superman who is just powers.
    I mean, I'm not trying to make excuses, I think I'm presenting a fair counterpoint.

It's typical to see heroes struggle at certain points in the story and then build up to them saving the day. The only time Superman loses to someone with his powers in this show is when he's deliberately being limited or weakened which goes to show how powerful and capable he is. At least in my opinion.

I mean, I'm not trying to make excuses, I think I'm presenting a fair counterpoint.

It's typical to see heroes struggle at certain points in the story and then build up to them saving the day. The only time Superman loses to someone with his powers in this show is when he's deliberately being limited or weakened which goes to show how powerful and capable he is. At least in my opinion.
    Don’t even bother with NaVI, all he does is complain. I’ve never seen him say anything positive.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Don’t even bother with NaVI, all he does is complain. I’ve never seen him say anything positive.
    Of this series in its first season I said that it was the best of superman in a long time, but that it had a weak point in superman fighting, if that weak point continues to become more present what do they want me to do.

Of this series in its first season I said that it was the best of superman in a long time, but that it had a weak point in superman fighting, if that weak point continues to become more present what do they want me to do.
    There’s going to be episodes where Clark gets his ass kicked and fails. Here though he had a good showing, he used his brains to escape from prison without needing his brother to spell out what the plan was, he demonstrated competence by performing heat vision surgery on Tal, and he took Jon to task for his X-K usage. Over in The Batman: spoilers:
    Batman fails to solve Riddler’s final riddle and needs to have it spelled out for him, he has to have Penguin translate basic Spanish for him, he makes big mistakes there too
    end of spoilers

Sometimes the heroes screw up and that’s fine. What happened here didn’t make me think Supes came off badly at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

I almost thought I stepped into a Wonder Woman thread for a second (I had to double check that it said Superman as the complaints are REAL similar).

That said...Clark had a BAD day, betrayed by the army for some paranoia BS and then after he finishes with that he learns about one of his sons being caught with drugs. One of the major things I thought about Jon was how he broke down when Clark tore into him (reasonably), but wasn't as phased by Lois. I've always thought Jon was closer to his dad and Jordan closer to his mom, but Jordan's sudden emergence of superpowers started to take that from him a bit. Even at the game last episode, Jon was kind of disappointed that Clark had to leave at the moment. I certainly hope that more of their relationship is explored throughout the season.

I hope the end of football doesn't mean less Coach Gaines this season.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Anecdotal story time…

This morning I had some routine blood work done and the technician said “cool hat” after seeing my Superman cap. She then started talking to me about “the CW show” and how much she likes it. Not that I’m scared of needles or anything, but it made the whole experience a bit more tolerable.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I almost thought I stepped into a Wonder Woman thread for a second (I had to double check that it said Superman as the complaints are REAL similar).

That said...Clark had a BAD day, betrayed by the army for some paranoia BS and then after he finishes with that he learns about one of his sons being caught with drugs. One of the major things I thought about Jon was how he broke down when Clark tore into him (reasonably), but wasn't as phased by Lois. I've always thought Jon was closer to his dad and Jordan closer to his mom, but Jordan's sudden emergence of superpowers started to take that from him a bit. Even at the game last episode, Jon was kind of disappointed that Clark had to leave at the moment. I certainly hope that more of their relationship is explored throughout the season.
    I haven't thought about who's closer to who so you could be right, but I took it as... In spite of being a great mother, Lois is always a LOT quicker to anger than Clark, just in general. It would still suck to have let her down and made her mad, but it's not out of the blue for her. But when you've screwed up so bad that the parent who barely ever raises his voice or loses his cool to comes in all guns blazing... that hits hard.

Maybe it's a combo of what I'm saying and what you're saying.

So...do you think season 3 should try to keep away from kyrptonian stuff? Like it feel like they might do the same thing with Flash and the speedsters main villains. I'm glad there is no Lex focus though

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So...do you think season 3 should try to keep away from kyrptonian stuff? Like it feel like they might do the same thing with Flash and the speedsters main villains. I'm glad there is no Lex focus though
    I hope they can come up with threats that don't involve someone with the same powerset as Superman.

I hope they can come up with threats that don't involve someone with the same powerset as Superman.
    Let's see who we have. Toyman, Parasite, Metallo, Silver Banshee, Mxy, Prankster, ect