Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope not, that last stretch was pretty weak. They originally were going to go with 13 episodes and then expanded it to 15 iirc, so hopefully this season they have enough story to fill all the episodes.
    I just find it funny how many season finale-esque episodes they had at the second half .

Synopsis for Episode 4
    JENNA DEWAN (“SUPERGIRL”) GUEST STARS – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) are on a mission to find Lois’ sister Lucy (guest star Jenna Dewan) and Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) and Jordan (Alex Garfin) become more and more unsettled as Clark’s (Tyler Hoechlin) painful visions continue. Meanwhile, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui), Kyle (Erik Valdez) and Sarah (Inde Navarette) share a family breakfast and discuss Sarah’s upcoming quinceanera. Lastly, Natalie (Tayler Buck) and her father (Wole Parks) share a bonding moment. Dylan Walsh and also stars. The episode was directed by Melissa Hickey and written by Jai Jamison & Andrew N. Wong (#204). Original airdate 2/1/2022. Every episode of SUPERMAN & LOIS will be available to stream on The CW App and CWTV.com the day after broadcast for free and without a subscription, log-in or authentication required.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Synopsis for Episode 4
    So Lois has no idea where Lucy is, huh.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I hope not, that last stretch was pretty weak. They originally were going to go with 13 episodes and then expanded it to 15 iirc, so hopefully this season they have enough story to fill all the episodes.

Hell I’d take Conduit, the lesser known Superman Rogues are who I want to see, Brainiac aside. If we’re dipping into the Triangle Era might as well bring back the villain who also has ties to Smallville.
    Conduit seems like a no-brainer. His origins tie to Smallville, he's more of a "down to earth " villain who can work well on TV and if they use the angle of him having his own evil organization like he did during The Death of Clark Kent story he could be a rival to Anderson and the DEO.

In fact, out of all the post crisis major story arcs, an adaptation of the death of Clark Kent arc would be pretty simple to do on that shows budget and given the family angle it would have big stakes.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Mighty Member

I was just hoping for ANYBODY but Doomsday honestly. Hopefully they don't plan to do the Death of Superman...that horse is beat to death in adaptations.

Also, when it comes to Superman pledging allegiance to the flag...does the US military even know if Superman lives in the USA? Aside from his human life, Clark has been pretty transparent with his name, where Superman resides and stuff like that, Kal-El needs to copyright his family's coat of arms apparently.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 01-14-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I was just hoping for ANYBODY but Doomsday honestly. Hopefully they don't plan to do the Death of Superman...that horse is beat to death in adaptations.

Also, when it comes to Superman pledging allegiance to the flag...does the US military even know if Superman lives in the USA? Aside from his human life, Clark has been pretty transparent with his name, where Superman resides and stuff like that, Kal-El needs to copyright his family's coat of arms apparently.
    Well, he mainly operates out of an American city...

While I've also had my fill of Doomsday and the Death/Reign of Superman story, i get it. Not only is it easily THE biggest Superman arc-ever! love it or hate it. This is a Superman AND Lois show, this is arguably also the biggest story for Lois Lane who is the co-lead. Hell she was basically the protagonist of the 'Reign of Superman' animated movie (Clark was dead until the 3rd act, and even then she was in the final fight as much as him. Throw in the fact that Steel, Superboy (Jordan) and Eradicator (Edge) are already in the show, it'd be weird if they weren't going to do their own take.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-14-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Belated thoughts on #SupermanAndLois s2e1 "What Lies Beneath". Spoilers to follow ...

1. Back to the small-screen world of middle-aged Lois and Clark, i.e. Superman Year 21 (this Superman's public career is now 2old enough to drink in the States)!

Dang, did I miss this show!

2. I'm glad that first we pick up right where we left off and see the super-awkward first meeting of Lois and her alt-universe daughter Nat Irons ... and then we jump 3 months into the future.

Best of both worlds as far as table-resetting: we get our immediate question about last season answered (Lois froze out of shock), and we get some distance for other things to have developed.

3. Clark and Lois not actually being the perfect couple is perfect for this show. Couples argue all the time, sometimes about big things, sometimes about dumb things. Although ... I don't think we've yet seen Clark have an emotional outburst on this show like Lois frequently has.

Of course, he's also Superman, so that kind of anger would look a LOT different coming from him.

4. Clark in the truck trying to cheer up Jon (about his lack of practice time in ��) to no avail, only to have Jon's new girlfriend say the exact same thing to immediately calm him down, leads to a really funny and silently exasperated reaction from Clark.

5. The sub rescue scene was awesome.. That looked and felt big-budget cinematic (something no other CW show is capable of). And the fact that it was a NORTH Korean sub showed that this show gets it: Superman saves people, ALL people in need of help. Been doing that for about 84 years now.

6. The confrontation with the DOD's Mitch Anderson was necessary. The execution was great. The military wanted him to give the damaged North Korean sub over to them instead of back on North Korean shores.

Superman refuses to give his allegiance to America because he gave it to the world a long time ago.

Put that sentence in bold up front for anyone who wants to write Superman in the future in any medium. No government stooge here.

7. Lois' conflict with Nat reveals that in this universe, Lois' mom just up and suddenly abandoned her, her sister Lucy, and her dad Sam a long time ago.

Lois's mom in the comix is a complete non-factor (I think her name is Ella?) in her life compared to her dad. Most of the stories she's been dead for decades.

We're definitely meeting Mama Lane sooner rather than later on this show, IMO.

8. Overeager try-hard Jordan is clearly headed for dumpsville with Sarah. And that's OK, they don't strike me as each other's OTL anyway. Sarah definitely met someone else while at camp.

Also, Papa Kyle giving Sarah good advice? If Kyle was going turn out to be a good guy all along, then why didn't the show just go to the comix and name him Pete Ross (whom Lana did marry on the pages) in the first place?

9. The shenanigans involving the teens getting talked to by both Lois and Clark made me chuckle. Clark protesting to Lois that he never snuck around when he was little, leading to Lois yelling that then Jon must be taking after his mother (Lois totally snuck around in high school).

Also, Jordan happily mouthing the word "Mom" to Jon when Clark was admitting to them that he was older when he had his first time was hilarious.

10. The psychic attacks / visions Clark is getting are nothing but foreshadowing. I don't think he's losing his powers so far, and first guess would be Brainiac (if so, please just port over the actor and SFX costuming from SyFy's late and underrated Krypton show), but there are other less famous, more deep-cut possibilities out there **coughultrahumanitecough**

11. The two superhuman soldiers wearing the appropriated S-shield are from the government "school" mentioned in Season 1 where Jordan's affected classmate Tag was sent. Can't imagine these two won't be trading haymakers with Clark this season.

12. Love the Irons moving in with the Kents. Really want to see how Nat interacts with her new (half) brothers, her (alt) mom, her dad, and this universe's doppelganger of her world's destroyer (Clark).

13. Alright, that stinger: the whole underground punching sequence was lifted straight from the comix. And there seems to be no question who it is in that containment suit: Doomsday.

If you made a list of the best Superman villains, Doomsday wouldn't even crack the Top 15. But he's easily in the Top 3 in terms of pop culture exposure (behind only Luthor and Zod).

I dislike Doomsday. He's not a worthy character: too often just a mindless Hulk with Wolverine's claws who never stays dead. And he's a one-trick pony. His one trick is that he kills Superman. He has no other story.

And we've already seen so many adaptations of Doomsday trying to kill Superman, in the comics, in animation, in live-action, it's been done to death. Really hoping this guy isn't the season's real big bad.

Bottom line: Second seasons often serve as the bellwether for how a show's entire run will go in terms of quality. They could be foreshadow greatness or horribleness. I'm really hoping for the former. And this cast and crew makes me more confident that they'll get it right.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Grade: 8.5/10.

Arrow

My two cents.

I enjoyed everything except the Doomsday reveal it was pathetic and predictable. I hope they can subvert my expectations because my expectations are quite low for Doomsday.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I’m hoping Doomsday is another “Captain Luthor” misdirect with Doomsday really just being the muscle for another villain
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m hoping Doomsday is another “Captain Luthor” misdirect with Doomsday really just being the muscle for another villain
    I hope so too, otherwise....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

There is the Lois villain that eventually coalesces with Doomsday.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Wasn't the whole "Captain Luthor" thing not a misdirect originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Wasn't the whole "Captain Luthor" thing not a misdirect originally?
    I think in the initial concept phase, yeah.

My gut feeling is that Doomsday will "hand off the baton" to Season 2's true big bad (the "Lois villain", whomever that is).

S2E1: arm only
    S2E2: containment suit
    S2E3: full look
    S2E4: rampage
    S2E5: fight
    S2E6: resolution and hand off to true villain