Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Doomsday? Really?

There are so many other villains you can do on a TV budget and they choose the one that we've already seen three times already on the big and small screen?
    At this point the show’s foundation is clearly deeply rooted in the Triangle Era, so I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise that they brought in the most well known Jurgens creation. They are saying there will be other villains, hopefully not just Triangle Era Z-Listers lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point the show’s foundation is clearly deeply rooted in the Triangle Era, so I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise that they brought in the most well known Jurgens creation. They are saying there will be other villains, hopefully not just Triangle Era Z-Listers lol
    Hope so. I think Ultra-Humanite deserves a shot. There's so much potential to that character.

By the way, I met a kid who's loving your blog and your ideas on how to reimagine the Superman villains. He asked me to pass along his praise.

Admittedly disappointed a bit its actually Doomsday. Though I'm curious what their different take on it will be. The virus aspect is one way, but I'm thinking they are probably going to play it out a little different from even that. Maybe we will see Brainiac still.

Before this show was a thing, I though doing a Death & Return storyline as two crossovers through the Arrowverse would have been fun with how they positioned Superman "Pre-Crisis". You could essentially follow the format of the comics having Doomsday tear through the other shows before doing the big "Death" battle in Metropolis. Then have FfaF kinda play out over the course of the rest of that season with Return being the big crossover for the following year.

I see a lot of people complain about Doomsday but I think it's all in the execution. I don't think they'd choose such a significant figure in the mythos, and what he represents, without a plan for it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The show has its own version of Steel, Superboy (Jordan) and now also the Eradicator. It only miss Cyborg Superman appearing and Clark can really start worry to make it through next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see a lot of people complain about Doomsday but I think it's all in the execution. I don't think they'd choose such a significant figure in the mythos, and what he represents, without a plan for it.
    While I thought the actor who played Edge did a great job, their take on the Eradicator as Clark’s secret half brother wasn’t a take that I loved conceptually. Would’ve preferred Zod as played out as he is. With Doomsday we’re just skeptical any TV show can use him in a satisfying way.
    Predictable.
    Thank God Supergirl already used Cyborg Superman (or at least a take on him) because otherwise they absolutely would use him here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Thank God Supergirl already used Cyborg Superman (or at least a take on him) because otherwise they absolutely would use him here.
    Supergirl used Morgan Edge too, and S&L did its own version anyway.

Supergirl used Morgan Edge too, and S&L did its own version anyway.
    Damn forgot about that. Guess we can expect to see Henshaw at some point

While I thought the actor who played Edge did a great job, their take on the Eradicator as Clark’s secret half brother wasn’t a take that I loved conceptually. Would’ve preferred Zod as played out as he is. With Doomsday we’re just skeptical any TV show can use him in a satisfying way.
    I mean, season 1 was basically more or less the same thing we would've gotten with Zod. Zod was technically in it.

My issue with Eradicator is they didn't go full Eradicator.
    Damn forgot about that. Guess we can expect to see Henshaw at some point
    Now they have the actual Superman to use as a body double for Cyborg-Superman at least instead of what Supergirl did (which didn't work nearly as well).

I do wonder why Doomsday’s blows are causing Superman headaches. Hoping that is tied to another villain.

I do wonder why Doomsday’s blows are causing Superman headaches. Hoping that is tied to another villain.
    Kryptonian genes?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Pretty sure he's having visions of the coming battle. That's why he said something like "I see destruction" during the preview.

The idea may be to have Clark avert the fight somehow. But if they did go with that idea it would just be yet another "stop the bad future" plot. So, he'll likely just get his ass beat, live but in a coma or totally depowered, and then have to face off against some take on Cyborg Superman or, I dunno, Conduit-- or some other Triangle era dude.

Jon likely does actual drugs rather than XK to get better at football as his "darker path", and Jordan probably joins Anderson's team. Oh I know, you're probably like "maybe Jon'll be the one to us XK to join Anderson's team to fill in for his dad", and to that I say I'll believe it when I see it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So are we expecting 2-3 faux-finale's before episode 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So are we expecting 2-3 faux-finale's before episode 15?
    I hope not, that last stretch was pretty weak. They originally were going to go with 13 episodes and then expanded it to 15 iirc, so hopefully this season they have enough story to fill all the episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Pretty sure he's having visions of the coming battle. That's why he said something like "I see destruction" during the preview.

The idea may be to have Clark avert the fight somehow. But if they did go with that idea it would just be yet another "stop the bad future" plot. So, he'll likely just get his ass beat, live but in a coma or totally depowered, and then have to face off against some take on Cyborg Superman or, I dunno, Conduit-- or some other Triangle era dude.

Jon likely does actual drugs rather than XK to get better at football as his "darker path", and Jordan probably joins Anderson's team. Oh I know, you're probably like "maybe Jon'll be the one to us XK to join Anderson's team to fill in for his dad", and to that I say I'll believe it when I see it.
    Hell I’d take Conduit, the lesser known Superman Rogues are who I want to see, Brainiac aside. If we’re dipping into the Triangle Era might as well bring back the villain who also has ties to Smallville.