Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hopefully if this show goes to hbomax.it gets better budget..I would like better action sequences..The silverage stuff really did pull me around regarding my opinion of the show.The square earth,bizarro,flying around the eartha,jumping into the sun and coming out all guns blazing..etc were great..But,overall though i prefer tal ro ..Must be the accent...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I had no delusions of what this show was, but I wasn't expecting the quality to drop so soon. Usually, the second season is stronger than the first because the creative team figured out what worked and what didn't. Black Lightning was the only ex exception. It started off strong, then became unwatchable following its first season finale.

I was hoping Superman & Lois would improve this season, just as Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl, and Stargirl had. Of course, I would eventually give up on all of those shows (except Stargirl, it's still solid), but after they'd delivered some fun superhero soap opera.

I'll check out the season premiere next year, certainly, but my fear is that the structural problems inherent in the premise will become more and more crippling. It's a shame, because there are definitely parts of the show I enjoy.
    To be honest I think BL Was pretty solid up until it's final seasons even if the writing issues became more prominent over time.

I know it's a long shot, but if they ever do Brainiac in a future season I would love it if they can get the same actor and make-up/costume as the old Syfy show Krypton. I know that it wasn't popular here because of the whole "Superman show without Superman", but I thought that they did a stellar job showcasing a lot of the mythos and that their Brainiac was pitch perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know it's a long shot, but if they ever do Brainiac in a future season I would love it if they can get the same actor and make-up/costume as the old Syfy show Krypton. I know that it wasn't popular here because of the whole "Superman show without Superman", but I thought that they did a stellar job showcasing a lot of the mythos and that their Brainiac was pitch perfect.
    Yeah, any live-action Brainiac should be on par with Krypton Brainiac in my opinion.

I really wish this show had done more with Bizarro.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, any live-action Brainiac should be on par with Krypton Brainiac in my opinion.

I really wish this show had done more with Bizarro.
    Right! I love Bizarro, but I never thought that you could do a live action version justice that was both (mostly) faithful and not complete comedy, but they did it! He was great! And...they killed him off by some supporting character villain in like his third or fourth episode in. Just felt like such a disappointing missed opportunity. Bizarro was so much more interesting than anything else this season, especially compared to Parasite, and...ugh! They should have had him long enough to sacrifice himself against Parasite or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Does anyone think this season wasn't a disappointment?

I'm deeply skeptical that the next season will be worth watching unless some significant retooling happens.
    I actually enjoyed the hell out of it. Now, I'm a Triangle Era guy, so this just keeps hitting the sweet spot for me, lol.

And while the Cushings aren't my favorite part of the show, I'm ok with them getting some time. Maybe less time next season, lol, but there's enough Super and Lois/Clark character moments that I'm still in and definitely excited for Season 3.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I actually enjoyed the hell out of it. Now, I'm a Triangle Era guy, so this just keeps hitting the sweet spot for me, lol.

And while the Cushings aren't my favorite part of the show, I'm ok with them getting some time. Maybe less time next season, lol, but there's enough Super and Lois/Clark character moments that I'm still in and definitely excited for Season 3.
    One of the writers on the show is also a big Triangle Era fan so it’s not surprising you’re digging the show lol. They’re clearly trying to mimic that era’s juggling of multiple storylines, but that kind of thing works better in Metropolis which is more conductive to that sort of thing imo. But we got JHI/Steel out of that writer being a Triangle Era fanboy so I’m grateful for that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One of the writers on the show is also a big Triangle Era fan so it’s not surprising you’re digging the show lol. They’re clearly trying to mimic that era’s juggling of multiple storylines,
    Oh, yeah - all of that is my wheelhouse. And funny enough, I've always thought that would be good for a show. Back in the day, Lois & Clark almost came close, which made me want that even more, lol.

When Tal threw Clark into the sun, I was honestly nerding out to how much it was like the panels from the comic version (after Final Night, iirc?).

but that kind of thing works better in Metropolis which is more conductive to that sort of thing imo.
    I agree with that. I don't think it's totally out of place here, but I wouldn't mind more of the Metro cast over time (Bibbo, Allie) and at least a partial move back (even if they live in Smallville, "Rebirth" style). Maybe if it goes to HBO Max.

But we got JHI/Steel out of that writer being a Triangle Era fanboy so I’m grateful for that.
    Definitely. And having Nat (Natalie instead of Natasha, but still) in the mix is nice, too.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

They’ve rented the Smallville lot for 3 seasons, if they get a fourth, which I’m assuming they won’t simply because of Zaslav cutting costs everywhere and wanting to refocus on the DCEU, but if they do I hope the fourth season is a move back to Metropolis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They’ve rented the Smallville lot for 3 seasons, if they get a fourth, which I’m assuming they won’t simply because of Zaslav cutting costs everywhere and wanting to refocus on the DCEU, but if they do I hope the fourth season is a move back to Metropolis.
    Yeah, even if they were planning a move to Metro, it wouldn't be next season. And, so far anyway, I'm good with that.

Possibly true on Zaslav, but it all depends on how they can market S&L. If they can make it make a profit, it may stick around. Here's hoping, anyway!
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yeah, even if they were planning a move to Metro, it wouldn't be next season. And, so far anyway, I'm good with that.

Possibly true on Zaslav, but it all depends on how they can market S&L. If they can make it make a profit, it may stick around. Here's hoping, anyway!
    S&L was one of MAX’s biggest hits apparently, I posted an article about that somewhere back in the thread. But YJ has apparently been a big hit as well and that show’s future is still uncertain. I think it comes down to whether Zaslav wants everything back in the DCEU again, all connected to each other. If so then he may simply cancel everything outside of the DCEU regardless of whether they are hits or not. Glimmer of hope for those wanting the show to persist is that DC asked them to set the show outside the Arrowverse and I doubt they’d bother doing that if next season is supposed to be the last. Personally I think the show will run until the next Superman movie, whatever form that takes, simply so they can still have a live action Superman product out there.

I definitely hope we get a little less Lana/Cushings in season 3.

S&L was one of MAX’s biggest hits apparently, I posted an article about that somewhere back in the thread. But YJ has apparently been a big hit as well and that show’s future is still uncertain. I think it comes down to whether Zaslav wants everything back in the DCEU again, all connected to each other. If so then he may simply cancel everything outside of the DCEU regardless of whether they are hits or not. Glimmer of hope for those wanting the show to persist is that DC asked them to set the show outside the Arrowverse and I doubt they’d bother doing that if next season is supposed to be the last. Personally I think the show will run until the next Superman movie, whatever form that takes, simply so they can still have a live action Superman product out there.
    I mean, he likes Joker and The Batman just fine out of the DCEU...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, he likes Joker and The Batman just fine out of the DCEU...
    Wouldn’t be the first time Batman got to be the exception to the rules (and if Zaslav had been in control back then I don’t think he would’ve let Reeves set the movie outside the DCEU).

Wouldn’t be the first time Batman got to be the exception to the rules (and if Zaslav had been in control back then I don’t think he would’ve let Reeves set the movie outside the DCEU).
    Thank God he wasn't in charge then. The Batman was a God send. A dramatic improvement in quality that just couldn't have happened in the DCEU.