Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

I think people are reading too much into this. They cancelled Scooby Doo as well for the same reason. They didn’t see it making money given the scope of the movie and the marketing costs associated apparently. I don’t think it has anything to do with Flash or Keaton/Affleck, or the Coates movie. The Coates movie is probably looked at closer to The Joker as a prestige type movie. And I don’t think it has any connection to Superman & Lois’ future.

Like everything else, everyone is just finding some way to fit it into their priors.

And is Superman & Lois making any money?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    And is Superman & Lois making any money?
    The economics of a network/streaming show vs. a movie are pretty different. They don’t need to make back 90 million+50-60 million in marketing to break even. It’s supposedly one of the more popular shows on HBO Max and does fine for CW. It’s comparing apples to oranges.

Well obviously direct comparison doesn't make sense, but it looks like Zaslav is not impressed with WB's scripted content in general so Superman & Lois doing fine on HBO Max/CW might be not good enough for him.

I'm not saying that the show will get cancelled, but at the same time I don't feel like it is safe either.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If CW gets bought out, it's not going to matter how much it's making because it'll just get moved over to HBOMax. I doubt Warners will let the new owners keep their superhero shows.
    Assassinate Putin!

Looks like HBO Max is going to die

This what I meant. This is going to kill all the DC shows there. Ironically being a CW show might save S&L
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Welp, I guess we can rule out a season 4.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like HBO Max is going to die

This what I meant. This is going to kill all the DC shows there. Ironically being a CW show might save S&L
    Jeez, I didn't expect it to get this bad.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Zaslav is more destructive of the Anti-Monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Welp, I guess we can rule out a season 4.
    Actually who knows? S&L isn’t an HBO Max show remember lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Actually who knows? S&L isn’t an HBO Max show remember lol.
    I don't see CW as a network being around much longer. It's not making a profit, for one thing. And, as we all know, Zaslov is all about the bottom line.
    Assassinate Putin!

If true, that's pretty awesome. I'm thinking Zaslav would be better off in the horror industry given all the slashing we've been seeing, lol.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Cheap to make, popular, and licensed to another network for income seems to be a Goldilocks zone for Zaslov. It probably is safe for now.

Obviously HBO Max tracks numbers for its shows. Every now and again you'll hear some show got the largest debut audience on HBO or such. I don't know if the numbers are public or if S&L is actually #6. I do know I've read that S&L is one of HBO's more popular programs. I don't see S&L as being in danger if ratings hold in season 3.

BTW, everyone is noting how social media has exploded over the Batfleck news. You want to see a social media explosion - have Tyler show up in a new suit for season 3 with the red trunks! LOL - one can hope.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-07-2022 at 09:39 AM.