Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Now I question the canon depictions of Lois' cooking skills up to this point .

Faulkner is indeed a comic character from the Triangle Era:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I wonder if we'll see Rampage show up.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I would love it, although I wonder if it would be too comic-booky for this show...then again, maybe they connect it to Doomsday.

Rampage showing up would be epic. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s very amusing to me that Jon is on the upswing romantically as Jordan is on the down swing. People were worried about a sibling love triangle involving Sarah, they just got the wrong sibling . Faulkner huh? Another deep cut from the Triangle Era. Personally I think they’re going to not do a straightforward adaption of Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen anymore than they have done a straightforward adaption of Rebirth.
    The only way I'd be for any love triangle is if it causes Jordan to snap and go down a dark road listening to Uncle Edge's sweet but flawed words about Humanity.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

People on social media overreacting how Superman refuses to be bounded by the government as "Un-American tactics" pushed by "woke media". This shows that a huge number of people don't really get the character.

Simply put, Superman is proud to be an American, however he also views himself as a citizen of the world, willing to help out in any way he can regardless of political boundaries even those setup by his own government. Being patriotic doesn't mean you turn a blind eye when your government crosses the line.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Extraordinary Member

Superman & Lois series writers Adam Mallinger, Jai Jamison and Andrew Wong join DC fan-favorite artists Tom Grummett and Norm Rapmund in a story spotlighting Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s first anniversary. Trying to celebrate their marital bliss is never easy when you’re a super hero husband and news reporter wife; especially when world-saving and creating hard-hitting stories continue to spoil your plans! Plus, the true origins of the evil Superman from John Henry Irons’ world are finally revealed!

lol, they even included the five o'clock shadow.

This could be fun!

I guess probably the most plot-relevant thing is the origin of John Henry Irons' Superman and how he differentiated from Clark. Like, it seems like he didn't have Lois or a family in his life and as such wasn't able to resist being imprinted by Zod like the main Superman was.

I’ll check this out, wonder if they’ll also tell us about the first time Hoechlin Superman and Cryer Lex met?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    People on social media overreacting how Superman refuses to be bounded by the government as "Un-American tactics" pushed by "woke media". This shows that a huge number of people don't really get the character.

Simply put, Superman is proud to be an American, however he also views himself as a citizen of the world, willing to help out in any way he can regardless of political boundaries even those setup by his own government. Being patriotic doesn't mean you turn a blind eye when your government crosses the line....
    I have noticed a disturbing trend with many (perhaps most) people not wanting to question the Federal Government because of what Trump & co. tried to do. While I do not support sedition, I also think blindly following official "orders" or "norms" and criticizing anyone who doesn't do so even if their actions are based on valid principles, is a very dangerous position to hold. Sadly this attitude is seeping into how people view entertainment.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-21-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

MUST. GET.

Grummet drew the Superman story for the COIE crossover comic. Nice to see he's still getting work.
    Assassinate Putin!

Superman & Lois placed third in a poll of favorite superhero shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    lol, they even included the five o'clock shadow.
    That really helps sell Hoechlin as “Superdad”

MUST. GET.

Grummet drew the Superman story for the COIE crossover comic. Nice to see he's still getting work.
    Grummet Superman anything is a must buy. His Superman art from the Death & Return time frame kind of defined Superman for me.

I got a commmission of the mullet Superman from him a while back.

EFC80FDD-EAC4-4706-96EA-0E357134C10B.jpg