Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of Jordan and Sarah's relationship. Jordan is really into Sarah and cares about her a lot and is trying to be there for her but she just sees him as too perfect (and maybe a little too pushy) to relate to her compared to that girl she kissed.

But I don't think Jordan's done anything wrong (other than keeping his family's secret, which isn't up to him). .
    See. I'm looking at it from the perspective of a teenage girl. Trying to a apply logic and reason there is often a fool's errand

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    See. I'm looking at it from the perspective of a teenage girl. Trying to a apply logic and reason there is often a fool's errand
    They don't know how good they've got it until they lose it. Which feels oddly like her dad .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So...do you think season 3 should try to keep away from kyrptonian stuff? Like it feel like they might do the same thing with Flash and the speedsters main villains. I'm glad there is no Lex focus though
    I hope they keep away from it. It's already run its course.

Mighty Member

I will agree with the no more Kryptonian powers for villains crowd. It was eh in season 1, and I’m only accepting it in season 2 because it’s BIZARRO. Next round we don’t need to see a third variation of evil Superman (Sorry John Henry’s earth, you’re left to burn) With all of the technological marvels in the Superman mythology perhaps we could see more villains who use long ranged weapons, perhaps gunslingers like Bloodsport or Terra Man can have a bounty on Superman.

After the whole cheating debacle in this season, wouldn’t it be funny if they found a way to adapt that story where someone catches Lois kissing Superman, and thus having people think that she’s cheating on Clark with the most powerful man on the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So...do you think season 3 should try to keep away from kyrptonian stuff? Like it feel like they might do the same thing with Flash and the speedsters main villains. I'm glad there is no Lex focus though
    No, the Flash went into the gutter because all they could do was throw evil speedsters at Barry. I don’t want another season focused on evil versions of Superman. Since this show loves the Jurgens era and Rebirth so much, I say bring in Blanque, I liked him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I will agree with the no more Kryptonian powers for villains crowd. It was eh in season 1, and I’m only accepting it in season 2 because it’s BIZARRO. Next round we don’t need to see a third variation of evil Superman (Sorry John Henry’s earth, you’re left to burn) With all of the technological marvels in the Superman mythology perhaps we could see more villains who use long ranged weapons, perhaps gunslingers like Bloodsport or Terra Man can have a bounty on Superman.
    What if they gave us a villain who isn't focused on Superman? Someone who exploits holes in Superman's powers rather than gets tech that neutralizes those powers. Superman can only be in a single place, so threats in numerous locations simultaneously might be a challenge. Or someone capable of teleportation, or phasing, or messing with your perception.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    this series only serves to reinforce the ideas of Superman haters. Superman is useless and his brother too, Bizarro dies, all for one man, only one crushed them and made them look ridiculous, this series seems written by someone who loves the superverse but hates Superman. very good series of superheroes and if you hate Superman, but one more nail in the coffin of Superman.
    I agree! Superman has served as a punching bag for every villains he has faced. Superman has been saved by the teenage super team, Henry, his brother and by Bizarro! I love superman and like seeing him back on tv. But they have made him look really bad as a superhero!! Everybody kicks his ass!
    Last edited by lotchj; 03-12-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

After the whole cheating debacle in this season, wouldn’t it be funny if they found a way to adapt that story where someone catches Lois kissing Superman, and thus having people think that she’s cheating on Clark with the most powerful man on the planet?
    Clark and Lois seem too smart and prepared to be caught kissing with Clark in full costume, especially to do it in full view of the public like in the comics.

I also don't think this Lois would've ever left her kid in space with an unhinged version of Jor-El.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I agree! Superman has served as a punching bag for every villains he has faced. Superman has been saved by the teenage super team, Henry, his brother and by Bizarro! I love superman and like seeing him back on tv. But they have made him look really bad as a superhero!! Everybody kicks his ass!
    many fans have seen the punching bag superman so many times that they have gotten used to it, that's why when he does something they get excited, but the reality is that there is not a single series or movie in which superman seems capable, trustworthy, yes I or anyone with superman powers we could easily do better.

Clark and Lois seem too smart and prepared to be caught kissing with Clark in full costume, especially to do it in full view of the public like in the comics.

I also don't think this Lois would've ever left her kid in space with an unhinged version of Jor-El.
    I'm wondering if they might recreate that aspect with Tal and Jordan one day.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    many fans have seen the punching bag superman so many times that they have gotten used to it, that's why when he does something they get excited, but the reality is that there is not a single series or movie in which superman seems capable, trustworthy, yes I or anyone with superman powers we could easily do better.
    I have been reading Superman comics and watching his tv series, Dvds and movies since i was a kid. I don't like to admit it!! Your comments are very true!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 03-12-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

Synposis for "30 Days and 30 Nights."

Vordan will be happy about this one .

I mean, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of Jordan and Sarah's relationship. Jordan is really into Sarah and cares about her a lot and is trying to be there for her but she just sees him as too perfect (and maybe a little too pushy) to relate to her compared to that girl she kissed.

But I don't think Jordan's done anything wrong (other than keeping his family's secret, which isn't up to him).

Right now he's definitely training to support Clark.

He unloaded an entire arsenal's worth of Kryptonite on them as a surprise attack and threw them off. He saved Tal because Tal was in immediate danger.

Like just in the last episode we saw Superman, even without his powers, beat up a bunch of trained soldiers and in this episode manage to outwit Anderson and the military with Tal. He also beat Bizarro on his own.

Now, I want Superman winning more fights as well but I think it's unfair to call him useless. And they write Clark too well for me to think they hate Superman.
    I agree with you on them writing Clark well. That's what keeps me watching the series. But Superman has looked very bad in his fights!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 03-12-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I agree with you on them writing Clark well. That's what keeps me watching the series. But Superman has looked very bad in his fights!!
    He beat Bizarro.

So we've got a week off AGAIN thanks to network shenanigans (seriously, sell The CW as soon as possible and move SAL to HBOmax next season), what do you think of Season 2 compared to Season 1 so far?

For me, Bizarro is better than any antagonist we got in Season 1. But we've gotten way less Lois / Clark interactions. The boys have totally flip-flopped their roles. The Langs have gotten worse. John Henry and Natasha had much more screen time this season (before getting sidelined these past two episodes). Tal is much better in Season 2 than Season 1, despite a massive reduction in screentime. We'll see if Ally is more memorable than Tal's daddy.

Overall, I'd say so far Season 2 has been slightly better than Season 1 to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So we've got a week off AGAIN thanks to network shenanigans (seriously, sell The CW as soon as possible and move SAL to HBOmax next season), what do you think of Season 2 compared to Season 1 so far?

For me, Bizarro is better than any antagonist we got in Season 1. But we've gotten way less Lois / Clark interactions. The boys have totally flip-flopped their roles. The Langs have gotten worse. John Henry and Natasha had much more screen time this season (before getting sidelined these past two episodes). Tal is much better in Season 2 than Season 1, despite a massive reduction in screentime. We'll see if Ally is more memorable than Tal's daddy.

Overall, I'd say so far Season 2 has been slightly better than Season 1 to this point.
    I feel like now that Lana's family is disconnected from the main plot it feels like the show is trying to find more of an excuse to feature them or show them.

I also feel like Lois has struggled a lot more this season.