I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default Does Jon Kent have a Kryptonian Name?

Just organising some digital comics and planned to go with Superman (Kal-El) and Superman (whatever Jon's Kryptonian name is).

But I then realised I don't know it. Or if he even has one. I'd guess it was Jon-El?

Wikipedia has failed me and this board is likely to have a far broader knowledge anyway. If someone could let me know it'd be appreciated.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I always thought they should call him Van-El as a tribute to Clark fake dream son from Alan Moore For the Man Who Has Everything.

Or maybe something with a K to go along with Kal, Kara, Kon.

Swiss army nerd

I'd imagine Clark would call him Jor-El, so his Kryptonian side is named for his Kryptonian grandfather just as his human side is named for his human grandfather.

My other thought was that it'd be Jos-el, for Jonathan and Samuel, just use the human names as the foundation for the Kryptonian name.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's rogal-zaar named after his uncle
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jon-El??? That makes sense. Seems like what they will go for

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I'd imagine Clark would call him Jor-El, so his Kryptonian side is named for his Kryptonian grandfather just as his human side is named for his human grandfather.

My other thought was that it'd be Jos-el, for Jonathan and Samuel, just use the human names as the foundation for the Kryptonian name.
    That would be cool if Bendis and Mister Oz didn't happen. I doubt Jon would like to be called after that guy.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Van-el or get the f@ck out

Some call him “Jon-El” but that’s so boring. I hope he gets a “real” Kryptonian name at some point, Conner went a while without either a Kryptonian or human name so I’m totally fine with waiting for Jon to get one, but Jon-El doesn’t cut it for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe Taylor would give him one in Adventures of Superman?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If he has to have one I say go with Jo-El

"Jon El," But really, Yon-El. You know, like how in some languages "J" is pronounced with a "Y".

His TV counterpart's Bizarro world version is known as Jonathan-El (their identities aren't secret so they use the -El name instead of Kent). So it's presumably that. His brother Jordan is the same (Jordan-El) despite being specifically named after Jor-El, so the short version Jon-El is probably valid as well (Jor to Jordan is similar to how Kon-El became Conner when he needed a human name in the comics).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-14-2022 at 07:08 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman