Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

One of the script writers is posting covers from the Brainiac Trilogy. Post Crisis Brainiac was a telepath. I’m reaching here but maybeeee this means Brainiac is in the show
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One of the script writers is posting covers from the Brainiac Trilogy. Post Crisis Brainiac was a telepath. I’m reaching here but maybeeee this means Brainiac is in the show
    I'll bite. Introduce Milton Fine as some ordinary criminal telepath and then reveal he's secretly a human host for a Coluan robot man trying to bottle the Earth .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll bite. Introduce Milton Fine as some ordinary criminal telepath and then reveal he's secretly a human host for a Coluan robot man trying to bottle the Earth .
    Not an origin I’m fond of by any stretch of the imagination, but I suppose better that than a rehash of the same old “Brainiac shows up and tries to bottle Metropolis” storyline we are getting everywhere else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So if SAL is basically Superman Year 20, how weird is it going to be if he's meeting some of his classic rogues for the first time in middle age?

Luthor will be the exception (and was Zod), but the others like Brainiac or Mongul or Doomsday or Bizarro?

Example: Metallo seems like he'd fit in nicely with this season's military angle. But if we do meet him, would he have been a villain for 20 years or just NOW getting the kryptonite heart?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So if SAL is basically Superman Year 20, how weird is it going to be if he's meeting some of his classic rogues for the first time in middle age?

Luthor will be the exception (and was Zod), but the others like Brainiac or Mongul or Doomsday or Bizarro?

Example: Metallo seems like he'd fit in nicely with this season's military angle. But if we do meet him, would he have been a villain for 20 years or just NOW getting the kryptonite heart?
    There are a few adaptions of Spider-Man where he doesn't fight any villains, let lone his Big Three, until he's experienced and in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This actually fits with the vague description of the season's villain's. I forget which interview it was, but they basically say we start out with separate villains for Lois & Clark and then they "team up" later on. We could get Milton Fine as the Lois villain and the Coluan Brainiac maybe as an alien intelligence that the military or DEO has found and tried to exploit and they "team up" later in the season.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Since Supergirl got most of his villains, I'm not sure what they have left to work with. Unless they are willing to come right out and say they are two separate universes.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Since Supergirl got most of his villains, I'm not sure what they have left to work with. Unless they are willing to come right out and say they are two separate universes.
    That shouldn't be an issue since Crisis On Infinite Earths gives them the excuse to ignore all of his villains appearances that happened on Supergirl, and they can do them here, with new actors If need be. Really forunate that they waited until now to do this show, otherwise they couldn't do that.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-05-2022 at 10:04 AM.

That 20 year timeline sure is something, it does need to be in there to validate the boys ages and hammer home this is a seasoned Superman. Even back to the Supergirl days(Which I'm not even sure count anymore due to timeline resets) They treated Supes like someone who's done it all and fought most of his rogues gallery(The ones that didn't appear on SG, anyway) From my recollection there was a mention of Warworld which denotes Mongul and a fight against Doomsday. I guess it's up to the whim of the writers, since most Arrowverse shows focus on the beginnings of the heroes careers where this one has him as a vet. They could just have those villains appear and show he clearly has history with them like they did with Thaddeus Killgrave last season.

Incredible Member

They could always just have Supes react to Brainiac as if they know each other and then establish in flashback or dialogue that they have indeed met and fought before. Same with Mongul or Bizarro or Doomsday or most of the villain cast, really. Don't think that approach would work with Metallo if they included him as part of the military like some of the posters here (including me) want.

RE: Lara's crystal from last page, we just know Tal-Rho stole it back in Krypton and that Zeta-Rho refused to let Tal talk to his mother's hologram. Nothing was said about it being destroyed or not, we know nothing of her status in the present. With the number of times Lara was brought up in the previous season, I'd be surprised if we didn't eventually see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    They could always just have Supes react to Brainiac as if they know each other and then establish in flashback or dialogue that they have indeed met and fought before. Same with Mongul or Bizarro or Doomsday or most of the villain cast, really. Don't think that approach would work with Metallo if they included him as part of the military like some of the posters here (including me) want.

RE: Lara's crystal from last page, we just know Tal-Rho stole it back in Krypton and that Zeta-Rho refused to let Tal talk to his mother's hologram. Nothing was said about it being destroyed or not, we know nothing of her status in the present. With the number of times Lara was brought up in the previous season, I'd be surprised if we didn't eventually see her.
    I wonder if they'd establish Brainiac as having hit Krypton and stolen Kandor before it was destroyed.

Well here’s a new twist: WB is exploring the idea of selling the CW.

On one hand that could mean S&L makes the jump to HBO Max like Titans and Doom Patrol did when the media portion of DC Universe was scuttled. Or they could cancel the shows. If the sale goes through I obviously hope the former happens.

On one hand that could mean S&L makes the jump to HBO Max like Titans and Doom Patrol did when the media portion of DC Universe was scuttled. Or they could cancel the shows. If the sale goes through I obviously hope the former happens.
    Article says that they will still have a minority ownership and that even though the network itself isn't profitable, the content it provides is still useful. I think a chunk of it will move to HBO Max

Instability is rarely a good thing in general, but if SAL made the leap full-time to HBOmax, I personally wouldn't complain at all.

The stench of The CW is unfairly applied to this show, and HBOmax is a much more natural fit IMO.

I wonder what the disparity is between each option's viewership: is The CW much more watched than HBOmax?

Also: do you think we get any worthy female antagonist / villains this season?

Leslie Larr had potential, but it was rarely used, and we're thankfully not getting evil Kryptonians again this season.

Lady Blaze would be a dream come true, but sadly it's kinda hard imagining her demonic self showing up on SAL.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Of course. They gave Superman his own show where he's the star so naturally they have to sabotage it.
    Assassinate Putin!