Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Given MAX is already working heavily with Greg Berlanti - his production company is making Titans, Doom Patrol, and the GL show, I think there’s a chance S&L could make the jump to Max.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The CW DC shows are the only shows on the network that are successful. Why would they cancel any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The CW DC shows are the only shows on the network that are successful. Why would they cancel any of them?
    I think they're more successful for how they sell to streaming services and the views they get there. In terms of pure ratings, they are nothing to right home about. That'll be fine for someone like Warner and CBS but not necessarily the new network owner who doesn't have any vested interest in the success of HBO Max or Paramount+ (or whatever CBS streaming service is called). A new owner like Nexstar may want to transition out of young adult programming to stuff like conservative programming, game shows, and other content that could target a different audience

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    New ownership new direction. Besides the CW isn’t profitable in and of itself hence why it’s being sold, it was putting the CW Shows on Netflix that brought in money. Now WB wants the shows on HBO Max.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder if they'll try and snag the Arrowverse shows from Netflix so that they can just migrate them over to there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll try and snag the Arrowverse shows from Netflix so that they can just migrate them over to there.
    Would depend on the deals they have with Netflix that says how long the shows are there for.

Are networks that difficult to acquire that its a viable option to buy one, cancel all the programing that is successful and brings in streaming revenue and relaunch it as something else?

I am in no way concerned about Superman & Lois going anywhere - worst case it follows Titans & Doom Patrol to HBO Max - but I just don't see it making much sense to get rid of everything.

Synopsis for The Thing In The Mines
    GREGORY SMITH (“EVERWOOD”) DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) reaches out to Ret. General Lane (Dylan Walsh) as Clark’s (Tyler Hoechlin) visions become worse during heated arguments with both Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) and Jordan (Alex Garfin). Meanwhile, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) shares her frustrations with Kyle (Erik Valdez). Lastly, Natalie (Tayler Buck) learns that her father (Wole Parks) didn’t follow through on a promise he made to her. Inde Navarrette and Sofia Hasmik also star. The episode was directed by Gregory Smith and written by Katie Aldrin & Juliana James (#203). Original airdate 1/25/2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Synopsis for The Thing In The Mines
    These "visions" are reminding me of Smallville.

Is there anything John Henry promised Nat that didn't involve killing Superman...?

Anyone else like me (still) feel that SAL's ultimate big bad won't be any of the classic heavy hitters like Lex Luthor, Zod, Doomsday, Brainiac, or Mongul (tho hopefully most of these foes do eventually show up)?

I wonder if the final villain of Superman And Lois will be the alternate universe Evil Superman who wiped out John Henry Iron's Earth (and his Lois).

It kinda makes some sense: AU Evil Supes was introduced in the pilot episode, has still yet not been brought to justice for his crimes, and his story remains a total mystery (maybe he is that universe's Zod possessing Kal's body?) ... he's basically already Chekov's Gun for this show's entire run.

I think we'll get hints throughout this next few seasons, but the last season will have AU Evil Supes either show up in our world, and/or Our Clark will go to his universe.

Man, this train of thought is giving me vibes of that old underrated Super Friends episode " Universe of Evil"

Hope he isn’t the final boss, Superman vs. Evil Superman is far too played out for me at this point, but I’m sure he’ll show up again. Apparently a Superman will be fighting Mongul over in Naomi, curious to see how that is handled. If it’s done well I might reconsider my position on bringing in the big heavy hitters who will need lots of CGI.

Hope he isn’t the final boss, Superman vs. Evil Superman is far too played out for me at this point, but I’m sure he’ll show up again. Apparently a Superman will be fighting Mongul over in Naomi, curious to see how that is handled. If it’s done well I might reconsider my position on bringing in the big heavy hitters who will need lots of CGI.
    I dunno what Naomi is doing because apparently Superman is in it for a brief second but they act like Superheroes aren't real so Naomi is more surprised when she has powers and starts seeing weird stuff.

Astonishing Member

I think she lives in a world where superheroes are only found in comic books until the fight with Mongul happens which I believe has something to do with the multiverse. This leades to her discovery of her own true heritage and abilities etc.

Hope he isn’t the final boss, Superman vs. Evil Superman is far too played out for me at this point, but I’m sure he’ll show up again.
    Evil Superman as a trope is generally played out, ESPECIALLY as the only Superman in any given story. But I'll take Good Superman vs Evil Superman 10/10 over the one Superman turning Evil and no Good Superman to stop him.

Apparently a Superman will be fighting Mongul over in Naomi, curious to see how that is handled. If it’s done well I might reconsider my position on bringing in the big heavy hitters who will need lots of CGI.
    Dang, looks like I'll have to DVR Naomi if that's true.

Love me some Superman vs Mongul action in any medium.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think she lives in a world where superheroes are only found in comic books until the fight with Mongul happens which I believe has something to do with the multiverse. This leades to her discovery of her own true heritage and abilities etc.
    This is my understanding of the set up as well