Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Lucy doesn't have another self anymore because we've never seen Bizarro!Lucy at all.

exactly what I was thinking, I think her other self is dead, cause she didn't find her ally, and couldn't take whatever was wrong in her life.

I kept saying take superman up over the clouds, in space if you can the whole time. come on we knkw its gonna happen, maybe Jordan will fly him up.

nat took the armor she said she made for Jon, OK, I'm cool with thst, because she had armor in the comics.

Where does that leave jon though?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

…and the coolest line from the episode goes to Nat: I build things, I don’t destroy.

Really liked all the John Henry and Nat stuff (right down to the breakfast burrito). Frankly, I think it’s among the most interesting family dynamic stuff going right now. That and the Clark and Jon stuff.

Speaking of Jon, he’s way more interesting than Jordan (and a better actor) but he's kind of always treading water.

Cool visual: Clark holding up the tractor in the barn. His heart to heart with Jon was pretty good too. The training with Jordan was okay but a bit cliched.

And perhaps the most pressing question of all: how the heck does Jordan not know what the Kessel Run is? Painful.

Overall, seemed like kind of a slow episode. I’m hoping the last few of the season kick it up a few notches.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Now the Irons family has its own share of drama!

Really dug the Clark/Jon talk, seeing Jon confess he feels like he has no future now that he can’t ever play sports again and everyone hates him was powerful stuff. But then it immediately shifts to Jordan… feel like Clark and Jon are always on the cusp of understanding each other and then something comes up which prevents that. Jordan meanwhile gets chewed out by Lana, this kid needs to take a hint and move on.

Redemption for Lucy? Well they did seem to get through to her until Ally showed up again… ok and then she is willing to get Supes killed? **** Lucy at this point, throw her in prison.

Yooo Jordan is finally getting some proper training from Clark!

Heh Hedy throwing a bit of praise Nat’s way at Irons’ expense. Lmao at Nat asking how the demolition went. Looks like Irons and Nat will be training together just like Clark and Jordan. Or they’ll switch straight to having both in the field right away I guess!

Poor Jon left to do chores while Clark and Jordan train. Really need Jon to just outright say he thinks his dad had loved Jordan more ever since Jordan started manifesting powers.

Damn Clark got his ass kicked by Ally. She even blocked Irons’ signature hammer throw!

Maybe Kyle does still have a chance…

Damn Clark’s powerless now. Maybe he can finally relate to Jon and the two can have that talk… hope this means more Irons involvement!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Taking Superman powers was a low point for me!! That seen to be a thing that writers like to do with superman these days, de-powering superman. when it come to the superhero stuff, superman has looked really bad. Where did he get his rep from in this series?? They keep talking about Superman being a great superhero in this series, but the writers have failed to let superman be the powerful hero from the comics. When will the writers let superman be superman in this series and not just a punching bag for every villain he facing??
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-09-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm at the point where I'm not even sure I want to finish out this season. All the potential of the first season feels like it's been squandered. That first season was by no means perfect, but I generally enjoyed it and was eagerly anticipating each new episode. Now? I just don't care about half of these characters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm at the point where I'm not even sure I want to finish out this season. All the potential of the first season feels like it's been squandered. That first season was by no means perfect, but I generally enjoyed it and was eagerly anticipating each new episode. Now? I just don't care about half of these characters anymore.
    Might be for the best if S3 ends up being the last one. They need to stop relying on OCs and Z-List Superman Rogues and actually use one of the proper big ones. Brainiac would be the best choice. Dial back on the drama with the Cushings, focus on the Kents, and stop stretching themselves so thin. I’m still enjoying the show, mainly for the moments where Hoechlin, Tulloch, and Park do get to shine, but the hiatuses and some of the creative choices have made this season a step down from S1.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's CW, what you expected? Be relieved they didn't went full CW with the show and do something like Gotham Knights.

"Superman is dead, and a powder keg has ignited Metropolis without the Man of Steel to protect it. In the wake of Clark Kent's murder, his son Jordan Kent is framed for killing the Last Son of Krypton, along with the children of some of Superman's enemies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might be for the best if S3 ends up being the last one. They need to stop relying on OCs and Z-List Superman Rogues and actually use one of the proper big ones. Brainiac would be the best choice. Dial back on the drama with the Cushings, focus on the Kents, and stop stretching themselves so thin. I’m still enjoying the show, mainly for the moments where Hoechlin, Tulloch, and Park do get to shine, but the hiatuses and some of the creative choices have made this season a step down from S1.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with relying on more obscure or lesser known villains but the execution of Ally has been spotty at best.

I don't think there's anything wrong with relying on more obscure or lesser known villains but the execution of Ally has been spotty at best.
    Given their love of the Triangle Era, they should bring in Jurgens villains like Conduit and Blanque if they just want to stick to the small villains. Conduit has a reason to be in Smallville and a specific vendetta against Clark, Blanque was introduced as someone who stuck to small towns and wiped them off the map. Both would be natural foes for Smallville. Ally’s actress is actually great at selling herself as a charismatic cult leader, but S2 has done painfully little to flesh out her backstory, and I really wish she looked more “Parasite-y”. Supergirl had a better Parasite design which is a major disappointment.

Given their love of the Triangle Era, they should bring in Jurgens villains like Conduit and Blanque if they just want to stick to the small villains. Conduit has a reason to be in Smallville and a specific vendetta against Clark, Blanque was introduced as someone who stuck to small towns and wiped them off the map. Both would be natural foes for Smallville. Ally’s actress is actually great at selling herself as a charismatic cult leader, but S2 has done painfully little to flesh out her backstory, and I really wish she looked more “Parasite-y”. Supergirl had a better Parasite design which is a major disappointment.
    It's kind of funny that for all the flack Supergirl got they committed to the villain designs and the Fortress design more than SM+L does.

It's kind of funny that for all the flack Supergirl got they committed to the villain designs and the Fortress design more than SM+L does.
    Yep, Supergirl had the better Fortress and the better villain designs. You can attribute that to the writers of S&L being Triangle Era fanboys who want things to be “realistic”.

Yep, Supergirl had the better Fortress and the better villain designs. You can attribute that to the writers of S&L being Triangle Era fanboys who want things to be “realistic”.
    I think the show does better with the real human emotion and stakes but the Superhero side could do with a bit more of the fantastical.

Clark is in a funk over losing his powers and feeling useless, and I feel like it was a missed opportunity for Jon to talk with him about that and how he can relate.

We need some Kryptonian muscle...I mean, Kara doesn't exist in the shows' plot, but I wonder if a last-minute Tal Rho save is on the table.

I was wondering if they couldn't just throw Clark into the sun but then it turns into a Red Cube. Guess that rules that out. I wonder what Lara was about to suggest...it sounds like it might kill him if it doesn't re-ingite his powers.

I'm really tired of Chrissy lecturing Lois about journalism. Lois has been doing this for decades, she doesn't need a "young gun" teaching her about what a reporter's job is or acting smug when it comes to revealing stuff to people. I remember I used to like Chrissy and her dynamic with Lois but they constantly put Chrissy above Lois now.

I see Jordan's high from beating Jon-El faded fast when he had to actually fight an experienced adult Kryptonian. Although with heroic willpower and an assist from Natalie (nice catch!) he's able to take both of them out together.

Kyle really trying to work his way back in by becoming Lana's strong emotional support. Maybe he really does have a chance? But I feel like Lana hasn't completely forgiven the cheating and him lying about it, if she ever will.

Well, Sam wasn't wrong about there being a panic if they revealed the truth to the citizens of Smallville. First they laugh it off and then basically turn on Lana, although the former mayor certainly didn't help. If not for Superman it probably would not have gone anywhere near as well as it did. Even without powers, the suit and the sheer charisma make a lot of difference.

I had a feeling John Henry wouldn't risk Natalie even if I feel like he was over-estimating Nat's connection to the Kents versus her actual father even if she did only have them in the end. And he was right that they'd need her in case trouble hit. And I'm sure John Henry is okay.

No better way for Jordan to reveal the truth to Sarah than in a tense moment with her Bizarro!Mom and using those menacing red eyes.

Sarah's acting like if she knew she wouldn't have broken up with Jordan but honestly it felt like that relationship was on the rocks even before then. I dunno, I'm not really invested in seeing them back together at this point but it feels like the show is building up to it now that she found out.

The two worlds are fusing and everything is becoming retro and darker. And Kyle is erased from existence because apparently without a Bizarro self you don't exist in the new world. Unless Sophie somehow got rid of him...but Jon-El implied the same would happen to Clark without Bizarro, so that was probably the reason.

Looks like it's going to come down to a (somehow) re-invigorated Superman making the difference to stop Ally in next week's finale.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't see how the finale can salvage this season but I hope it at least puts the show in a good position to have a stronger third (and presumably final) season.

BANNED

Superman's powers have been taken away, is it serious or a joke. I see I was right to stop watching punching bagman and lois.