Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Superman & Lois S2: Spoilers, Discussion, & Speculation

With a new trailer I figured it was time for a new thread!

Some highlights:

-With Sam retiring it looks like Clark’s relationship with the government is being called into question
    -Jon has a girlfriend and is trying to get laid
    -Budget still looks pretty damn good for one of these shows, wonder what’s up with the sub?
    -Jordan wants to come with his dad on heroics seemingly?
    -Clark and Lois are having an argument
    -Clark getting attacked/affected by something
    -Irons suit getting damaged right in the center? Maybe he has to reinforce that area with.. a shield of some kind

Show returns Jan 11th! Still no hint at who the overall season villain will be besides Sam’s replacement.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I hope the main villain isn't just some military guy, not that you couldn't make a good season with that but I can't help but want some real supervillains on my Superman show.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-07-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I hope the main villain isn't just some military guy, not that you couldn't make a good season with that but I can't help but want some real supervillains on my Superman show.
    Same but I’m guessing it’s another case where they don’t want to tell us who the main villain will be in advance. S1 made it look like the Stranger would be the main bad guy, but it was actually Morgan Edge/Thao. Rooting for Ultra-Humanite or Brainiac to get used this season.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'm always down for some cool submarine action. Pretty slick looking sequences.

Liked the quick clip of the little boy running down the street with his red cape pretending to fly.

Please John Henry, craft an S emblem!!!

Nat is looking like she'll be a pretty good character addition.

Jon rocking the "sun's out, guns out" look, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

After watching the trailer a couple of times, I'm really curious to see what's gotten Lois so edgy, hoping the new head of DoD isn't the big bad to the season (just a recurring nuisance), and interested in the Jordan/ Sarah and Jon/ Tegan dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Same but I’m guessing it’s another case where they don’t want to tell us who the main villain will be in advance. S1 made it look like the Stranger would be the main bad guy, but it was actually Morgan Edge/Thao. Rooting for Ultra-Humanite or Brainiac to get used this season.
    After rereading "Superman and the Authority" this morning, I wholeheartedly agree that Superman's 1st Big Bad of the comics deserves to appear in this. Brainiac maybe sometime later.
    Though I did love the use of B/C list villains throughout S1 (Thaddeus Killgrave, Dabney Donovan, Atom Man) and hope they do more of that (perhaps appearances from Atomic Skull, Prankster, Bloodsport, Conduit, Equus, Insect Queen, Nimrod the Hunter or Terra-Man)

Conduit makes a ton of sense. He’s got the ties to Smallville to justify him showing up and this show takes a lot of ideas from the Triangle Era.

Ah, so this is how we're handling it, I see .

Seems like Lois is tense with Nat around, even if she doesn't want to admit it, and Nat doesn't take well to her dad being pals with Superman now.

I've seen a lot of people point out that the damage on the Steel suit might lead to John Henry putting on the S-Shield.

I'm not sure how much more the audience can take of your typical military official calling out Superman for not doing what the government wants him to do.

If Jon's ready to start going out in the field, how far have his powers gotten at this point?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If I had to guess, it looks like his powers are acting wonky. I wonder if they are setting it up that Jonathon kind of pinch hits for him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, so this is how we're handling it, I see .

Seems like Lois is tense with Nat around, even if she doesn't want to admit it, and Nat doesn't take well to her dad being pals with Superman now.

I've seen a lot of people point out that the damage on the Steel suit might lead to John Henry putting on the S-Shield.

I'm not sure how much more the audience can take of your typical military official calling out Superman for not doing what the government wants him to do.

If Jon's ready to start going out in the field, how far have his powers gotten at this point?
    You mean Jordan.

I think he has improved and has gotten a better handle of his abilities but I suspect this may be more to do with Clark having problems with his powers and Jordan wanting to help his dad just in case. I think flight and whatever else he may have gotten under Zeta-Rho's control was temporary as he wasn't in control but we'll have to wait and see.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Good news

While fans in the UK had to wait a long time to see the “Superman & Lois” TV series debut on their screens, the wait seems to have generated a lot of interest, with the premiere on BBC One generating huge ratings.

According to figures released by the UK network, the pilot episode brought in a huge 19.5% of the audience for its time slot, easily winning the hour.

It is reported that 2.7 million viewers watched the premiere of “Superman & Lois,” which eclipses the 1.7 million figure reported for The CW’s premiere ratings in North America back in February.

Interestingly, UK fans don’t have to wait for future episodes to air on BBC One, as the complete first season is available to binge watch via the BBC iPlayer service. Many fans will no doubt continue to tune in weekly for the Saturday evening screenings, regardless.

Meanwhile, fans in the USA, Canada, Australia and other regions have just over a month to wait until “Superman & Lois” returns, with Season 2 set to premiere on The CW on Tuesday, January 11 at 8.00pm
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/hug...s-uk-premiere/
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Likely the good word of mouth spread over Twitter helped boost interest. Hope that’s a good sign for S2!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    You mean Jordan.

I think he has improved and has gotten a better handle of his abilities but I suspect this may be more to do with Clark having problems with his powers and Jordan wanting to help his dad just in case. I think flight and whatever else he may have gotten under Zeta-Rho's control was temporary as he wasn't in control but we'll have to wait and see.
    Dang it, I keep defaulting to then normal version .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'd also like to see some more done with the fortress this season. Would be cool to see it morph from being a simple ice cave at the beginning to something more advanced as the episodes (and seasons) progress.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I'd also like to see some more done with the fortress this season. Would be cool to see it morph from being a simple ice cave at the beginning to something more advanced as the episodes (and seasons) progress.
    I wonder if we're even going to see the Fortress again now that the Jor-El AI that was running it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we're even going to see the Fortress again now that the Jor-El AI that was running it is gone.
    My guess is no. If we do get another Fortress I’m betting Irons will build it. Would be cool to see the Tesseract Fortress again, but my guess is the Kent Farm will be the “Fortress” going forward.