Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Lucy needs to be in jail right next to Ally, I want justice.
    Last edited by 9th.; 07-05-2022 at 09:19 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don’t think it was unprovoked, it was to help get Clark into the paper (which is ridiculous in and of itself, but that was the justification). I’m assuming it was discussed between them beforehand given the reaction he had when they were dancing at the block party.
    I think it was more about Lois wanting to not lie to Chrissy anymore rather than trying to get Clark a job at the paper. Same reason Clark told Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Lucy needs to in jail right next to Ally, I want justice.
    Lol Sam’s nepotism strikes again! The Kents can’t really complain given they’ve benefitted so much from Sam looking the other way at what Clark does but yeah it’s a travesty that Lucy gets to just walk after everything that’s happened.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don’t think it was unprovoked, it was to help get Clark into the paper (which is ridiculous in and of itself, but that was the justification). I’m assuming it was discussed between them beforehand given the reaction he had when they were dancing at the block party.
    Yeah, apparently working at one of the most pretisgious national newspapers isn't enough "experience" to warrant a job at a still relatively small-town paper.

I just really hope the show treats Lois better next season. This just was not a good showing for her.

Serious question:

Was Tyler Hoechlin striking the merging Earths so hard (that they went back to their own universes) the single most powerful feat that any Superman has ever done onscreen?

Personally, it's above Brandon Routh moving a continent of kryptonite. It's above Tom Welling moving Apokolips away. Or Henry Cavill beating the Justice League.

It's very likely even above Christopher Reeve's time-travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, apparently working at one of the most pretisgious national newspapers isn't enough "experience" to warrant a job at a still relatively small-town paper.

I just really hope the show treats Lois better next season. This just was not a good showing for her.
    That's the ridiculous part to me. Clark worked at the Daily Planet alongside Lois. But Krissy Beppo doesn't think he can cut it on the Smallville beat. It's a reason for Lois to tell her, but it definitely isn't a good in story reason.

I'm curious as to how the writers perceive this season was appreciated. Because the ones that were active on Twitter and engaging with people seem to have gone pretty silent on things. They have to have seen it. I mean one guy posted some comment on the Only Murders in the Building and the only replies were dragging the show about Lana and Lois.

That's the ridiculous part to me. Clark worked at the Daily Planet alongside Lois. But Krissy Beppo doesn't think he can cut it on the Smallville beat. It's a reason for Lois to tell her, but it definitely isn't a good in story reason.

I'm curious as to how the writers perceive this season was appreciated. Because the ones that were active on Twitter and engaging with people seem to have gone pretty silent on things. They have to have seen it. I mean one guy posted some comment on the Only Murders in the Building and the only replies were dragging the show about Lana and Lois.
    I'm glad we're not alone .

That confused me as well, is the Gazette so prestige to where you scoff at someone that 'only' worked at the Daily Planet? Like it's a school newspaper or something.
    Last edited by 9th.; 07-06-2022 at 01:41 AM.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad we're not alone .
    We're not, Reddit hates it too.

It seems that many felt it was not as good as season 1. Hopefully the writers realize this. The show is losing its focus. S&L is I believe the only Arrowverse show not to see an increase in its second season audience/ratings with the exception of Supergirl but that show moved from CBS to CW in its second season which caused the drop. Hopefully the show runner is aware of this red flag. If the show fet a 4th season they should move it to Metropolis.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-06-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Here’s what the showrunner has to say on a podcast where he’s interviewed about S2
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

For fans in the UK, BBC ONE will be airing season two from July 16th. I presume much like season one all episodes will be available to stream the same day on BBC I-Player

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Can we all agree that the "controversy" that came out following these scenes early in the season was stupid and a complete waste of time?

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Looking at Season 2 of SAL in review (Part 1)

Tyler Hoechlin (Clark Kent / Superman / Kal-El / Bizarro)

I thought Season 2 confirmed that Tyler Hoechlin is the best Clark Kent ever, while still leaving room for improvement as Superman. His Bizarro was spectacular, however.

I'm glad they showed Clark was a good but imperfect father, clearly favoring Jordan over Jonathan until he realized his Season-long mistake.

I am over his Clark not being a journalist. The volunteer assistant football coach was good for a change of pace, but Clark needs something outside of his home life as Dad and his superhero life as Superman. That's being a highly competent reporter.

Separate from his onscreen performance, the season 2 super-suit somehow got worse from Season 1. The "muscle-paint" looked off-puttingly bad, and the S-shield constantly looked dirty. It looked like Clark was wearing unwashed longjohns.

I'm hoping that they keep the stubble for the Clark scenes (looks more Dad-like) , but for his Superman scenes he's totally clean-shaven (looks more ageless). And bring in the pronounced S-curl while in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Looking at Season 2 of SAL in review (Part 1)

Tyler Hoechlin (Clark Kent / Superman / Kal-El / Bizarro)

I thought Season 2 confirmed that Tyler Hoechlin is the best Clark Kent ever, while still leaving room for improvement as Superman. His Bizarro was spectacular, however.

I'm glad they showed Clark was a good but imperfect father, clearly favoring Jordan over Jonathan until he realized his Season-long mistake.

I am over his Clark not being a journalist. The volunteer assistant football coach was good for a change of pace, but Clark needs something outside of his home life as Dad and his superhero life as Superman. That's being a highly competent reporter.

Separate from his onscreen performance, the season 2 super-suit somehow got worse from Season 1. The "muscle-paint" looked off-puttingly bad, and the S-shield constantly looked dirty. It looked like Clark was wearing unwashed longjohns.

I'm hoping that they keep the stubble for the Clark scenes (looks more Dad-like) , but for his Superman scenes he's totally clean-shaven (looks more ageless). And bring in the pronounced S-curl while in costume.
    ITA regarding Tyler. My fav Superman actor - just ahead of Chris Reeve.

Clark not having a regular job is a bit off-putting. And the focus on Smallville has run its course IMO.

The suit is just plain bad. It looks like a muted colored jumpsuit. How the producers don't fix the suit is a head scratcher.

I won't be surprised if season 3 is the final season given the acquisition of the CW by Nextar. Reading between the lines and knowing Nextar wants to target an older demo and not be teen angst focused. Shows like Walker, their most watched, which the network has ordered a spinoff pilot of for next season. That said a move of the show from Smallville to Metropolis is needed IMO.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-10-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Can we all agree that the "controversy" that came out following these scenes early in the season was stupid and a complete waste of time?

It was stupid and a complete waste of time when they did it in the comics back in 2010 too.
    Assassinate Putin!