Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superman saving that sub was a movie-level feat. Seeing all those people cheering for Superman saving me is something we should've seen more with Cavill, not dramatic visuals of people grabbing onto him as a godlike figure while he looked stonefaced and sad.
    It didn't do anything for me.Especially comparing it with aquaman's badass lift.There just was no struggle(internal or external) regarding the feat itself.Maybe it's the flight.Never liked the ability.It takes the impact of the strength feet right off.Always preferred leaping.I loved the oil rig scene in man of steel as well.It also has more meaning.It doesn't get more superman than that scene.a dude fighting on behalf of the common folk..It's not the level of feats. it's how meaningful it is,atleast that's how view it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It didn't do anything for me.Especially comparing it with aquaman's badass lift.There just was no struggle(internal or external) regarding the feat itself.Maybe it's the flight.Never liked the ability.It takes the impact of the strength feet right off.Always preferred leaping.I loved the oil rig scene in man of steel as well.It also has more meaning.It doesn't get more superman than that scene.a dude fighting on behalf of the common folk..It's not the level of feats. it's how meaningful it is,atleast that's how view it.
    I don't see why he needed a struggle in that instance and there was plenty of meaning to the entire scene in the grand scheme of the episode in my opinion.

I'm hoping it's Ultra-humanite but Doomsday is more likely. There are alot of Golden Age female villians who feel like a better fit for Lois so I'm hoping it's one of those. But it's probably Metallo unless one of them becomes Metallo. .

The episode was fun. I liked the teaser about Clark seeing the future and Johnathon wanting to go with his dad.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2022 at 08:42 AM.

The showrunner has confirmed it is indeed Doomsday, which is shocking, didn't think they'd get to him this early, Interesting choice for villain I guess. I can't see him being that compelling of a season long villain besides being a mindless killer drone, so I take it Lois' villain will take center stage where Doomsday is just there for fights with Superman. Unless they do that Smallville thing where he can turn human or something, also really convenient Doomsday landed right beneath Smallville If I do say so my self, but I take it the Pre Crisis mention of Superman taking on Doomsday is erased now
    Last edited by GSman; 01-12-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The showrunner has confirmed it is indeed Doomsday, which is shocking, didn't think they'd get to him this early, Interesting choice for villain I guess. I can't see him being that compelling of a season long villain besides being a mindless killer drone, so I take it Lois' villain will take center stage where Doomsday is just there for fights with Superman. Unless they do that Smallville thing where he can turn human or something, also really convenient Doomsday landed right beneath Smallville If I do say so my self, but I take it the Pre Crisis mention of Superman taking on Doomsday is erased now
    Although Post-Crisis Superman should at least still remember fighting Doomsday if his memories are back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they write that out.

I'm curious what backstory they go with. Will Doomsday be related to Krypton? I've seen some speculate that Doomsday will probably wreck Anderson's Super-Soldiers.

Budget-wise I wonder how much Doomsday we're going to get because it seems like they're going full-CG with him.

Although Post-Crisis Superman should at least still remember fighting Doomsday if his memories are back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they write that out.

I'm curious what backstory they go with. Will Doomsday be related to Krypton? I've seen some speculate that Doomsday will probably wreck Anderson's Super-Soldiers.

Budget-wise I wonder how much Doomsday we're going to get because it seems like they're going full-CG with him.
    Post Crisis memories are confusing as hell for this show, honestly. It's established once you get your Pre Crisis Memories you forget your Post Crisis life, which is why Cisco had to chronicle their new history on a board, and Supes was completely taken back by learning he has 2 sons, but I guess for the S&L only fans not familiar with the Arrowverse they had to simplify it, so for all intents and purposes, this a different guy from the dude erased in Crisis, kind of like the comics actually.

I don't know if they'll go with that whole clone story, which is quite bonkers honestly. Though they are faithful to Doomsday being buried in the earth, so they could go that route.

But yeah budget wise they probably picked the most expensive villain unless makeup is used, if he is full CGI they'll have to use him sparingly. There's also that promise that he'll be connected somehow to the villain Lois is taking on this season, so I wonder how that'll play out.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-12-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think we can throw out the entire pre-Crisis continuity altogether now. I wonder if Doomsday has something to do with the "visions" or whatever it is he's having.
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

I don't see why he needed a struggle in that instance and there was plenty of meaning to the entire scene in the grand scheme of the episode in my opinion.
    Do you think we will get a death of Superman storyline?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Of course, it is the only story anyone can tell with Superman.

I hope not but I think that's the only story you could tell with Doomsday.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2022 at 03:25 PM.

I don't think it'll be that direct, but I guess Jordan might start thinking about whether he'll have to replace his dad.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Thought the episode was… okay. Def drama heavy but pretty much had to go that way in order to set the tone for the season. What I did like was how it was a straight up continuation from the finale last season, like the very minute the last episode ended.

Joran and Sarah… ouch. Bad news coming. We’ve all been there, heh.

Comically dorky Dad moment: Clark having “the talk” with Jordan and Jon.

Classic Clark/John Henry moment: “Anything for a friend.”

Action wise, I really liked the sub rescue scene. Thought the earthquake scene was so-so and not quite as good. (Manwhohaseverything… I too love the oil rig scene in Man of Steel, best part of the whole damn movie )

Am I the only one who thinks Kyle is just not a good actor in this show? I just can’t get past it, I think it’s his delivery.

The whole Nat thing could end up being pretty intriguing. Was disappointed in the lack of action for Steel but I’m sure it’s on the way.

Cliffhanger ending… wouldn’t have thought they’d go that route if it is who they say it is.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 01-12-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Good starter to S2! Got Doomsday spoiled for me and I have to say: I’m not enthusiastic about him being their choice for this. He’s so boring as a villain and I remain skeptical that they can even pull it off. Only reason to bring in Doomsday is for fights between him and Clark, but how good can a fight between the two here be? Their budget may be higher than the others but it’s still not going to be on the level of a theatrical movie.
    A version of it perhaps, but there are other options. Doomsday might just be the muscle for other villains. Linking a follow up interview where the show runner confirms it’s Doomsday:
    Den of Geek: When we spoke after the season finale and I asked you about upcoming villains, you said how you and Greg Berlanti said “if we’re going to do this, how are we going to make it different?” And right out of the gate this season, you’re going with Doomsday! The minute the audience sees Doomsday, they only think of one thing, and that’s the “Death of Superman” story. So what made you do this in the season two premiere?
    Todd Helbing: To that point of doing it differently, what we love to do as a writing staff, with Greg, and just generally, is to take different parts of the mythology and combine them… like we did with Morgan Edge and the Eradicator and the half brother story. So with Doomsday…we wanted to find ways that we could take that character and find a new way to define an introduction and sort of flip it on its head. There’s a tease obviously, in this episode, episode two, you’ll get a little bit more, and then in episode three, you’ll get the full reveal.
    You also said when it comes to choosing villains, you said it “doesn’t have to be somebody that can punch as hard as Superman.“

[laughs] Well, I was probably talking about the other villains. We have multiple villains this season. They all sort of start at different times, and they’re not necessarily connected, but then you’ll see how they all start to fall into place with each other.
    So there may be more villains beyond just Doomsday and the Lois villain. Brainiac or Ultra-Humanite may still be in play! Didn’t Jurgens write a story where Brainiac possessed Doomsday? We may see an adaption of that given how much this show loves the Triangle Era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So there may be more villains beyond just Doomsday and the Lois villain. Brainiac or Ultra-Humanite may still be in play! Didn’t Jurgens write a story where Brainiac possessed Doomsday? We may see an adaption of that given how much this show loves the Triangle Era.
    Seems like there's a baddie in the preview for the next episode.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Doomsday? Really?

There are so many other villains you can do on a TV budget and they choose the one that we've already seen three times already on the big and small screen?