Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    My gut feeling is that Doomsday will "hand off the baton" to Season 2's true big bad (the "Lois villain", whomever that is).

S2E1: arm only
    S2E2: containment suit
    S2E3: full look
    S2E4: rampage
    S2E5: fight
    S2E6: resolution and hand off to true villain
    This is a strong possibility.

Also, I get the feeling since its obvious they aren't going to actually kill Clark this time around (or then again....I hope that isn't the case), someone else will likely be making the ultimate sacrifice in battle. Since I doubt its going to be Clark or Steel, I have a feeling that Mitch Anderson and or his Supermen of America will face heavy casualties in battle with Doomsday. I have a feeling they will fake us out with Clark's visions where we will see a vague allusion to him being killed by Doomsday (probably the image of the Red cape fluttering on a piece of Rubble ala Superman #75) when it will be one of all of the faux Supermen that will die.

I don't see Mitch Anderson being around for that long. There is only so much mileage they can get out of the military being distrustful of Supes motives, and they've foreshadowed that Mitch is a bit of a Superman fanboy even though he is in sort of an antagonistic relationship at the moment, but if push come to shove I could see maybe Mitch giving himself powers to fight with his Supermen and in the fight with Doomsday he gives his life in place of Superman.

The DEO will need a new leader and if Lucy is still in the military, they could have her take over the role as liasion with Superman. Or Sam could come out of retirement to take over temporarily.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 01-18-2022 at 06:58 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Also, I get the feeling since its obvious they aren't going to actually kill Clark this time around (or then again....I hope that isn't the case), someone else will likely be making the ultimate sacrifice in battle. Since I doubt its going to be Clark or Steel, I have a feeling that Mitch Anderson and or his Supermen of America will face heavy casualties in battle with Doomsday. I have a feeling they will fake us out with Clark's visions where we will see a vague allusion to him being killed by Doomsday (probably the image of the Red cape fluttering on a piece of Rubble ala Superman #75) when it will be one of all of the faux Supermen that will die.

I don't see Mitch Anderson being around for that long. There is only so much mileage they can get out of the military being distrustful of Supes motives, and they've foreshadowed that Mitch is a bit of a Superman fanboy even though he is in sort of an antagonistic relationship at the moment, but if push come to shove I could see maybe Mitch giving himself powers to fight with his Supermen and in the fight with Doomsday he gives his life in place of Superman.

The DEO will need a new leader and if Lucy is still in the military, they could have her take over the role as liasion with Superman. Or Sam could come out of retirement to take over temporarily.
    I think having all these superpowered soldiers around is definitely setting up fodder for Doomsday.

I think they've confirmed this version of Lucy isn't involved with the military like Pre-Crisis Lucy. Or maybe just that the stuff that happened to her in Supergirl didn't happen.

Showtime in about 90 minutes or so.

Tonight's episode info reads that "Sarah breaks plans with Jordan to meet Nat".

So, IIRC, in the comix Nat Irons is LGBTQ.

I wonder if this meeting will be purely platonic or something else?

I'm good with either scenario.

Anyone know who's causes the earthquakes? My first guess was Doomsday, but the blue lights are throwing me off.

Lois is kind of overcompensating around Natalie, but hey, she can really cook! Too bad Natalie's not a breakfast person and a vegan.

So does Clark and Doomsday have some kind of spontaneous psychic connection? Because Doomsday trying to break himself out keeps causing Clark, and just Clark, visions but they don't really explain why it's him specifically. Maybe because of the House of El's connection to Doomsday?

I'm sure the fact that a random criminal just snorted X-Kryptonite to get Superman-level strength isn't signs of problems to come.

Tag is part of the Super Corp and Anderson sees no issue putting a teenager with powers on a government team to handle special threats. Then again, this is the DC Universe.

Dr. Faulkner? Like Kitty Faulkner/Rampage from the comics? I don't expect her to go full Rampage, but man would it be cool if she did. Although altogether she's definitely trying to find Doomsday for someone...the Lois villain of the season?

I remember when Christy used to be a bubbly Lois fangirl and now that she's a serious newswoman running a growing newspaper it's all about the problems Lois keeps bringing to the paper. At least she seemed to understand by the end why Lois felt uncomfortable talking about Lucy.

Lucy was in a cult? And almost killed herself? I guess we know why she shows up now because Lois needs her to corroborate what she went through so they have a defense against the flack Lois is getting for her article. Although this is reminding me of Allison Mack and her cult ties.

"The Steel suit." I think that's the closest they've actually come to referring to John Henry as Steel. He's trying to stay retired for Natalie, but we all know that's not going to stick.

Whether it's Kal or Tal's, Supergirl still had the better Fortress. But I guess at least now they have a working Fortress with an AI. Lara, for the first time ever in the Superman canon!

Lara! Although I can kind of understand why Tal resents her given she was never part of his life, didn't recognize him as an adult, and, as it turns out, didn't even naturally give birth to him like she did to Clark with Jor-El. It's no wonder he feels like the unfavorite son. Lara tried her best and cares about him in the sense that he's still genetically her child, but she just wasn't allowed to be part of his life.

I wonder if there was something they could have done to verify that Tal didn't have his powers anymore rather than just taking him at his word, because that turned out to be a complete lie. Then again, Anderson said that Kryptonian biology is difficult to study so I guess there really was no way around it.

Jordan at least gave Tal a...smidgen of a fight, which is better than his showing last season, although he's still way too much of a rookie punching above his weight.

I feel like they could do more with Jon than giving him muscle envy or getting him involved in a steroid abuse storyline like it seems like they are. Also, of course Jon gave up his room because what doesn't he do for anyone else while expecting nothing in return?

Everyone with eyes could see Lana would inevitably have to run for mayor, but it was nice to see the Cushings' in-sync over her candidacy. At the same time, I foresee the campaign causing some strain in their marriage.

That brave construction worker delayed Doomsday's arrival...although will he get out in the next episode?

So the truth comes out...Sarah kissed another girl at camp. I mean, it doesn't seem like it went any deeper than that, but she still kind of cheated on Jordan and had a camp fling. Maybe Jordan wouldn't have taken it as badly if she hadn't acted so disinterested or evasive around him. Maybe it's because of the guilt, but it made her come off like she's just not as interested in him any more. Although now that it turns out Sarah's Bi, I wonder if they might do a love triangle with her, Jordan, and Natalie.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Villainous Amertak Industries from the Steel comics up to no good in the mines.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois is kind of overcompensating around Natalie, but hey, she can really cook! Too bad Natalie's not a breakfast person and a vegan.

"The Steel suit." I think that's the closest they've actually come to referring to John Henry as Steel. He's trying to stay retired for Natalie, but we all know that's not going to stick.
    Well, she can't be that good of a cook since Jordan couldn't tell if the eggs were over easy or scrambled. Either that or he's just playing the role of smartass teenager.

Yeah that's what I thought about the Steel suit, I couldn't recall if they actually called it that last season. I like seeing him in his scientist role, but please oh please, don that Steel suit soon! Can't wait for his return to action. Though I feel like him being "retired" will only make his return that much more meaningful and that much cooler.

Also like Nat as a gearhead working on the car.

Def pleased to see Lara AI in the fortress, and thought the scene overall was pretty cool. Good stuff when Clark shows some anger and agression... and funny line, "I like Dad's fortress better."

The underground Doomsday scene was a pretty cool horror action sequence.

I gotta wonder, what books could Tal be possibly reading in his prison cube?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Villainous Amertak Industries from the Steel comics up to no good in the mines.
    That's cool that they brought in something from Steels' comics .

Arrow

The only thing I didn't like was the Jordan/Sarah drama. I fear it will lead to a "sibling" love triangle between Natalie/Sarah/Jordan which I don't want, no more than I want to see Sarah/Jordan/Jon. It smacks of the worst excesses of typical CW shows. I hope the vibe I'm getting from these three is wrong. Otherwise, it was another top-notch episode.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-19-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Calling it now, if it does devolve into a lame love triangle between Natalie/Sarah/Jordan, then Nat and Sarah wind up as the triumphant pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Calling it now, if it does devolve into a lame love triangle between Natalie/Sarah/Jordan, then Nat and Sarah wind up as the triumphant pairing.
    Jon been taking all the big losses...maybe it's Jordan's turn.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    *groan* I hope you are wrong but I fear you are right. I hate normal teen dramas for this very reason the predictable best friends or siblings in love with the same person triangles, oh well.....
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-19-2022 at 01:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I think Anderson is an outside chance to become a version of Cyborg Superman.

Tal-- Eradicator.
    Steel-- Steel.
    Jordan-- Superboy.

If they are doing a full Death and Return I think they’ll keep Hoechlin as Cyborg. I’m sure his contract keeps him in every episode.