Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

I'll take what positive news I can get...

Incredible Member

Good news
    Season three of Superman & Lois is moving ahead as planned

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...es-1235195517/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Good news
    Season three of Superman & Lois is moving ahead as planned

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...es-1235195517/
    Lol and Gotham Knights is as well, that’s going to make many people unhappy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they REALLY want to piss people off, they could have them take place in the same universe!
    Assassinate Putin!

A show that probably owes a lot to how cheap it is.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

BBC ONE resumes airing Superman and Lois today in the UK after a break for the Commonwealth Games. As has been the case with season two thus far, it's airing two episodes back to back.

That's cool .

The irony of SAL as a CW show and not an HBOmax show being a main reason it's safe from Zaslav's axe is almost too much to handle.

Like, if we had gotten what many of us had wanted (SAL becomes an HBOmax exclusive away from the CW), it would have been in serious danger of being canceled now.

I'm still worried. The show lost so much buzz from Season 1 (shock of the new) to Season 2 (so many planned AND unplanned in-season hiatuses). They cannot keep doing these massive momentum-killing breaks going forward.

On a more upbeat note,

So far SAL has used (in some capacity) the following Super Rogues:

Morgan Edge
    General Zod
    Bizarro
    Parasite
    Thaddeus Kilgrave
    Kitty Faulkner (no Rampage tho )

What other yet-unused villains do you think this show could put on a decent version?

We know we're getting Bruno Mannheim and Intergang next season. They're easy to convert to live-action.

I'd say Metallo is another easy SAL adaptation. Just go with mix of Jason Bourne meets the Terminator setup.

Mxyzptlk is another one that could really be done justice, especially with this show's smart use of SFX.

I really want to see Lady Blaze just for a purely supernatural threat.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    On a more upbeat note,

So far SAL has used (in some capacity) the following Super Rogues:

Morgan Edge
    General Zod
    Bizarro
    Parasite
    Thaddeus Kilgrave
    Kitty Faulkner (no Rampage tho )

What other yet-unused villains do you think this show could put on a decent version?

We know we're getting Bruno Mannheim and Intergang next season. They're easy to convert to live-action.

I'd say Metallo is another easy SAL adaptation. Just go with mix of Jason Bourne meets the Terminator setup.

Mxyzptlk is another one that could really be done justice, especially with this show's smart use of SFX.

I really want to see Lady Blaze just for a purely supernatural threat.
    Whisper O'Daire for the YJ vibe .

I worry they'd find Mxy too goofy to fit on the show, but he'd be more fun than Ally was. I think this show could use a little more "fun."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think the weakness of this show is that it can't deviate too far from the "grounded" model or it hurts it. We saw this with their Bizarro plotline. A square shaped Earth was a bridge too far for some people with this show and that hampers some of what they can do going forward. I think a Mxy would be a bit much for this version of Superman unless they handed it in a very specific way. For all it's faults, Supergirl wasn't afraid to get a little goofy from time to time. I don't know that this show has that luxury. The very grounded tone of season one kind of set the bar moving forward.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think the weakness of this show is that it can't deviate too far from the "grounded" model or it hurts it. We saw this with their Bizarro plotline. A square shaped Earth was a bridge too far for some people with this show and that hampers some of what they can do going forward. I think a Mxy would be a bit much for this version of Superman unless they handed it in a very specific way. For all it's faults, Supergirl wasn't afraid to get a little goofy from time to time. I don't know that this show has that luxury. The very grounded tone of season one kind of set the bar moving forward.
    I loved the cube Earth though .

Astonishing Member

CW's non Earth Prime shows are probably safe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The “specific way” I think they could do May would be as a very Q-like interpretation, with an actor who’s just sort of short and goofy looking rather than a cartoonish figure. Like… imagine Clint Howard.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP