Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Zod was mentioned as being killed by Superman in the Supergirl show. It would be rather odd to make a jab at a decision they'd already done themselves. And frankly, making your storytelling choices on spiting another adaptation is generally not a key to a well written storyline.
    I mean, they could just as well have changed that Post-Crisis like they did with other things (or just not really care like they have often acted towards the Supergirl show).

Even the Supergirl show contradicted itself on the Zod thing because it acted like Superman had never killed anybody before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they could just as well have changed that Post-Crisis like they did with other things (or just not really care like they have often acted towards the Supergirl show).
    Of all the things they changed, why argue for this one?

Even the Supergirl show contradicted itself on the Zod thing because it acted like Superman had never killed anybody before.
    Well, they're accurate to the comics in that regard.

To use Zod again, I guess? Not that I think we'll see him.
    Or their own internal logic where Supergirl vaporizes Martians and then advocates for not killing like it never happened .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To use Zod again, I guess?
    Given the criticism of Superman adaptations overusing the same villains, I'm not seeing any value in Zod coming back.

Given the criticism of Superman adaptations overusing the same villains, I'm not seeing any value in Zod coming back.
    If they had a good take on him like Young Justice, then sure, but Tal was probably their way of putting a new spin on an evil Kryptonian.

Oh boy more drama with the Cushings lol. I get Lana being miffed but I don’t get why she’d be mad. It makes sense why Clark wouldn’t tell her when he came back and saw she moved on.

Oh hey Jon, Jordan, and Nat finally being a trio! About time.

I like how Clark doesn’t write off the Bizarro people as “not our own” the way Sam Lane and Irons are willing to.

Ugh Lana beefing with Lois is exactly what I was hoping wouldn’t happen.

Hell yeah Nat is getting her own suit! Oh wait spoke too soon, it’s for Jon? I hope they are rent seriously going to make Jon a legacy for Irons, that’s a bad call imo. I don’t think they will but even as an idea it’s not one I’m fond of.

Lmao ok Tal and Clark’s interactions are still hilarious. Oh good Lois thinks Lana being mad is bullshit too. Wait how the hell did Clark get them to let Tal out? Ok I’m interested in how this interaction goes. Lmao Lois bringing up her article in the Daily Planet getting removed alongside kidnapping and genocide is hilarious. Ok so Tal is making a big pitch about how he’s seen the light, I can maybe see a heel turn coming simply because I’m not sure what else they can do with Tal at this point.

Heh and now I’m liking Kyle a lot more again. He’s kind of the most likeable Cushing at this point as insane as that is. Oh damn he’s talking to Tonya again? Uh maybe I’ll wait on that. Oh ok so it was just a favor to get open mic night for Sarah. Still kind of weird but not “bad” I guess.

Kind of a dumbass move there by Jordan to melt a column in an underground cave, but at least he saved their lives.

Lois having to apologize to Lana is dumb. Oh **** she’s telling Lana all about Jordan? And Lana is being real petty so I’m sure she’ll take that well…

Oh **** Ally’s back. Irons making a habit of saving Clark’s ass with that move lol. Guess Ally is a parasite now, was kind of hoping she’d look more monsterous. Annnnnd Tal’s escaped. Hm not sure what his plan is or if he’ll stay a “good” guy or go bad again. Lois seems to think he won’t be a threat. Damn so Lana wants a clean break from the Kents? Jordan is going to freak.

Oh damn Bizarro Tal is dead, and that definitely looks like a Parasite drain.

Tal’s problem is that his actor is by far the most charismatic actor outside of Hoechlin, Tulloch, and Parks, but the character he’s playing - Clark’s secret brother? - is just not a concept I’m a fan of. Not a fan of that “secret sibling” cliche. Him being a take on Zod would have been more acceptable, but I’m also so tired of Zod in everything. I don’t know it’s kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t. My prediction is that Tal will become the “Superman” of the Bizarro world, giving that place a hero to watch over it and letting him exit the show while still providing an opening for a return if desired.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The structural problems of this show are really starting to show this season. There's not enough material for both Jon & Jordan. I was initially bullish on the idea of two sons because it allowed them to explore the conflicting approaches towards Clark's adolescence. Unfortunately, that has now been abandoned for Sad Sack Jordan and After School Special Jon. In retrospect, having Natalie there from the get-go would've been better than splitting Jon into two characters, neither of whom are interesting enough on their own.
    Yeah Jon has gotten more focus this season, but they don’t seem to have a clear idea of what the sons should actually be doing.

And the repeated attempts to make us care about Superman's rascally half-brother are coming off as desperate. It was a bad idea, but rather than drop it and move on, they've doubled-down on it to no clear benefit.
    The idea of a secret half brother was and is pretty dumb, but the actor himself is entertaining. Only problem is that he doesn’t have much of a reason to exist beyond S1.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be sticking with this show for much longer unless it ends really strong, because this is shaping up to be a much weaker season than the first.
    I think S3 will be the last season either way and I’m ok with that if so. I agree that S2 has been weaker than S1 for a couple reasons. One is that Ally just isn’t a very compelling villain, two is that the Jordan/Sarah drama has gotten old quickly, and three is that Jon and Lois struggle to get much focus because they don’t have powers and Smallville doesn’t offer much for them to do. Setting the show in Metropolis would’ve made it easier to keep them relevant.

Personally I rate this season so far as around a 7/10 compared to S1’s 8/10. A step down but not enough for me to drop it just yet. I admit I’m mainly in it for Hoechlin, Tulloch, and Parks at this point (although the actor playing Jon is someone I’m growing to like).
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Couldn't possibly agree with this any more if I tried.

A friend came the realization that I may have been totally off when I guessed that this version of Jon was a last minute add on and the show's original Jon would've been closer to Jordan.

The reality may very well be that it's the other way around, and Jordan was the last minute add on. The show seems to lend itself more to the idea of Superman and Lois having a powerless son, and it being in question if that son will ever be able to follow in his father's footsteps.

I remember early on apparently the show was being compared to This Is Us and Friday Night Lights. You can see the FNL, but the TIU of it is kind of lost. This makes me think that the structure of the show was supposed to have a LOT more flashbacks to teen Clark.

And this guess is largely because the way they've written Jordan has been such a cordon copy of teen Clark that I'm feeling like they just lifted scrapped plots from him. It was probably supposed to be about how different Jon is from his dad growing up, but also how they have to find common ground.

And I do feel like Nat was supposed to get here sooner and act as Jon's half sister. It would've reinforced the modern family aspect of a now more common blended family. And the contrast between the siblings would've been more distinct.

And I'm also fairly certain that because of Jordan's inclusion they felt the need to parallel it with Clark (because that Jon and Clark parallel feels like what they original idea of the show was built on) to Clark's brother was created.

I feel like Zod was supposed to be used rather than Clark's brother. Remember how they just kind of randomly name dropped Zod as being the one who takes over Clark's body, and then they drop it. That feels like the last embers of a nod to Talk being Zod in the original draft.

And frankly that would've made for a better take in my eyes. They'd have clearly gotten their jab at MOS by having Clark save Zod and eventually try to turn him. But they also wouldn't be beholden to dealing with Clark's actual brother as a concept.

I get what they were going for with splitting things up, but I think the alternative would've made for a tighter and more effective show.

And I'm also now noticing how little Clark tends to have in the way of story each season. I feel like that would've been fixed with the teen Clark flashbacks taking Jordan's place.
    Interesting theory. I’m a bit skeptical that there would’ve been reoccurring flashbacks simply because that would be a little too close to rehashing the Smallville show. But a son who doesn’t have his dad’s powers and angsts about them does feel like something the CW would love, but then again so would a son who has powers and fights with his dad over how to use them, as opposed to Clark obeying his parents rules about using his powers.

Because by and large most aren’t a fan of Superman killing, and him killing Zod clashes pretty hard with how he’s characterized here. Given how different everything Superman related is as compared to before Crisis, I think we can consider the new incarnation to have a totally different history compared to what Supergirl portrayed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh boy more drama with the Cushings lol. I get Lana being miffed but I don’t get why she’d be mad. It makes sense why Clark wouldn’t tell her when he came back and saw she moved on.
    Lana really did sound like she was still pining for him and might've left Kyle for him if he'd came back and talk to her, which was a very Post-Crisis Lana "I never got over Clark" thing to do.
    I like how Clark doesn’t write off the Bizarro people as “not our own” the way Sam Lane and Irons are willing to.
    And now he can play the "you guys tried to kill me" card whenever they go against him.
    Ugh Lana beefing with Lois is exactly what I was hoping wouldn’t happen.
    Do the writers expect the audience to side with Lana over Lois on this one? Because I didn't.
    Hell yeah Nat is getting her own suit! Oh wait spoke too soon, it’s for Jon? I hope they are rent seriously going to make Jon a legacy for Irons, that’s a bad call imo. I don’t think they will but even as an idea it’s not one I’m fond of.
    The armor looks like it was designed for a woman. I doubt Jon ends up wearing it.
    Lmao ok Tal and Clark’s interactions are still hilarious. Oh good Lois thinks Lana being mad is bullshit too. Wait how the hell did Clark get them to let Tal out? Ok I’m interested in how this interaction goes. Lmao Lois bringing up her article in the Daily Planet getting removed alongside kidnapping and genocide is hilarious. Ok so Tal is making a big pitch about how he’s seen the light, I can maybe see a heel turn coming simply because I’m not sure what else they can do with Tal at this point.
    The answer...he didn't! At least it seemed like to me they didn't know he was out until they got to the farm.
    Heh and now I’m liking Kyle a lot more again. He’s kind of the most likeable Cushing at this point as insane as that is. Oh damn he’s talking to Tonya again? Uh maybe I’ll wait on that. Oh ok so it was just a favor to get open mic night for Sarah. Still kind of weird but not “bad” I guess.
    And there's Sophie who is probably still secretly the true main villain of the whole show.
    Lois having to apologize to Lana is dumb. Oh **** she’s telling Lana all about Jordan? And Lana is being real petty so I’m sure she’ll take that well…
    Can Lois just stop apologizing every episode? She deserves better writing than this.
    Oh **** Ally’s back. Irons making a habit of saving Clark’s ass with that move lol. Guess Ally is a parasite now, was kind of hoping she’d look more monsterous. Annnnnd Tal’s escaped. Hm not sure what his plan is or if he’ll stay a “good” guy or go bad again. Lois seems to think he won’t be a threat. Damn so Lana wants a clean break from the Kents? Jordan is going to freak.
    I'd like to hope she gets a Parasite Final Boss form, but then again...Eradicator.
    Tal’s problem is that his actor is by far the most charismatic actor outside of Hoechlin, Tulloch, and Parks, but the character he’s playing - Clark’s secret brother? - is just not a concept I’m a fan of. Not a fan of that “secret sibling” cliche. Him being a take on Zod would have been more acceptable, but I’m also so tired of Zod in everything. I don’t know it’s kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t. My prediction is that Tal will become the “Superman” of the Bizarro world, giving that place a hero to watch over it and letting him exit the show while still providing an opening for a return if desired.
    That would make a lot of sense.

Something makes me thing that Lana still loves Clark somewhere in her heart. But idk why they take so much screentime lol

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Ugh, the Lana stuff just seems so forced, drama for the sake of drama. Way to make it all about you, Lana.

(Unintentionally?) Funny line from Tal-Rho, “there’s no need for name calling.”

Not sure I’ll ever get sick of seeing the Hammer toss, regardless of how many time we’ve seen it. It’s always badass. Not to mention the “fire up the suit” line.

Finally Kyle does something cool: grows sweet beard.

Shades of Up in the Sky in this episode too.

20220410_120248.jpg
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 06-05-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is this the part where we find out if this takes place on it's own Earth or lives in the Arrow-verse?
    Assassinate Putin!

So Lucy's whole deal is that she always felt like she never measured up to her world-famous father and sister and resents Lois for being more of a mom than a sister to her. Which left her perfect prey for a charismatic cult leader who claims she could offer the unconditional love Lucy was never able to properly accept from her real family.

I liked Lois telling Clark that he really needs to make up all the time he lost with the boys while he is in Bizarro!World.

Nice save by Lois to cover for Clark by saying he wants a job at the paper, although it doesn't seem like Chrissy is keen on hiring him though. I'd love to see the return of reporter Clark though, and he has the credentials.

I was glad to see Anderson's assistant show up just so she could find out that Anderson was dead and that Ally had him killed, basically realizing that everything she did was pointless and helped Anderson get killed. I still want to see her court-martialed and locked up though.

Seeing Lucy get handcuffed was immensely satisfying. Especially coming from the dad she drugged.

In fairness to John Henry, Natalie being able to build the suit is one thing, being able to go out into the field and fight is a whole different thing. Like, does she have any training? John Henry was an actual soldier, but does Natalie have any experience outside maybe basic self-defense? At least she has enough sense to listen to her dad in the field.

I bet Ally is regretting giving Lucy the go-ahead to tell Lois everything.

Wow, Lana was savage to Jordan there. I mean, he kind of needed that, but jeez. She went for the jugular. Maybe this will help him finally move on from Sarah.

Season 1 Lana didn't seem to have as much of an issue keeping secrets.

I'm glad Clark and Jon finally talked. I don't think they addressed the issue of Jon's insecurities about not having powers, and that came full-circle at the end when he saw Clark and Jordan happily landing together from their arctic training, but at least it's a start.

Does anyone else think it's suspicious that we've still never seen Bizarro!Lucy? I think Lucy connected with her other self once but we've never once seen her in Ally's inner circle.

Nothing to pick a boy up quite like your dad saying he'll finally formally training you and helping you master flying. That was actually a really nice scene between Clark and Jordan.

Lucy lost all sympathy to me when she saw what Ally was like, heard that Bizzaro!Jon killed Anderson on her orders, and then was still going to summon Superman even before her dad got threatened and almost killed by Ally. And then she almost got Superman killed too. It's ironic that Lucy doubted the love of her family so much that she believed Ally really loved her when instead it was all lies and manipulation. I kind of want to see Lois read her the riot act.

Does Kyle still have a chance? Lana kept a full picture of the family together on her desk and that family dinner seemed to go pretty well.

Ah, I see now. Ally is going to act as a bridge to fuse the two worlds together. But will that provide the means they need to stop her?

I thought we were actually getting the Death of Superman for a second there, but it seems like Ally has drained enough of Clark's power to render him human. Can this be fixed by a good dose of solar energy? How is Clark going to get his power back? Because I don't see the kids and John Henry standing much better against Ally. But at least we've got Tal as a trump card she might not expect.

I'm completely over Lucy at this point, please merge with your other self and leave the Lanes alone. It's starting to reach Jordan x Sara levels of getting on my nerves at this point.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm completely over Lucy at this point, please merge with your other self and leave the Lanes alone. It's starting to reach Jordan x Sara levels of getting on my nerves at this point.
    I'm starting to wonder if Lucy doesn't have another self anymore because we've never seen Bizarro!Lucy at all.

Fantastic Member

I didn't care for Tuesday latest update of the series!!! To be honest i was disappointed. Superman isn't being shown as a power hero!! He saves people from cars a sub, general recue stuff! But when it comes to fighting everybody beats him. Everybody has to save him from being killed in a fight!! Superman has been nothing more than a punching bag these first two seasons!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-08-2022 at 06:43 PM.