Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I knew the supermen of America would be canon fodder for our villain. They barely had time to put up a fight!

So...whats the deal with this Amulet that Bizarro had?

Seems like this Cult leader has something to do with Bizarro....or maybe its just a thematic coincidence. Hmmm.

So they did very obliquely sort of mention Lucy's previous status quo when she mentioned she lost her Fiance and her job ( she was engaged to Jimmy on Supergirl and was part of the DEO), but Its so vague and Lucy's personality is so different, its very very unlikely that her history on Supergirl is even in play.

It sucks we have to wait until the 22nd to see what happens next though.
    It seems like the amulet is part of the psychic connection between Clark and Bizarro, and was almost...absorbing Clark? When they were in contact.

Mighty Member

When it comes to Jon, we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop with this kid all last season... I don't mind him having a character flaw (I'm sure he has been feeling inadequate for quite some time now), I just hope they don't screw him over.

I'm also enjoying the brotherhood aspect between Steel and Superman, I kind of hope that some of it transfers into comics. (i.e. John knowing Clark's identity and being a general friend of the family)

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think this episode was very mixed, theres a lot of subplots and some are better handled than others. I didn't mind the Cushings last season but here I just don't like them. Frankly if was in Smallville I wouldn't want Lana as mayor either. I can see being understanding and forgiving since they didn't know what Edge was tricking them into doing. But i definitely wouldn't trust them after that. I don't remember why we're supposed to root against the current mayor anyway. Maybe he's more scummy than i recall. I'd rather Clark run for mayor, why wasn't he on the shortlist? Plus it'd give him more of a life outside the family. Have Lana be the campaign manager or something. Lois/Lucy/Parasite story is better but I don't really see what Lois did wrong. She admitted in the article she had a personal stake in the situation with a family member. Not sure why she'd need to go into all the details of her tripping on the drugs she took. That being said I'm liking this Ally villain so far, very sinister. Very interested if she turns into Parasite. So far I'm interested in where both the twins are up to. Could see a lot of their Aunt Lucy in both of them. Maybe not Jordan now, but in early season 1 before he quickly mellowed out. Could also see history repeat itself if Jonathan ODs on those kryptoroids. As for Steel, how crazy would it be if he dies, but then his earth prime counterpart shows up? Poor Nat.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who figured Lucy tripping on drugs would have been an irrelevant detail to put in an article like that (at the very least, I don't think leaving that detail that she was hallucinating during her overdose out would be a career killing move).

Im not a journalist so I don't know how omitting things and ethics works but NOBODY was gonna believe Lucy was "ascending". Lois was 100% in the right, I don't see how anything she described is supposed to be career ending.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Im not a journalist so I don't know how omitting things and ethics works but NOBODY was gonna believe Lucy was "ascending". Lois was 100% in the right, I don't see how anything she described is supposed to be career ending.
    I'm with this, too. If she'd included it, it would have been summarily dismissed as the ramblings of either an addict, a brainwashed cult follower, or both. That the show is trying to make it seem like Lois is wrong here just hits way off the mark. I'm hoping that Beppo's "turn" here is planned by her but not shown to the audience, but we'll see.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

This episode and the previous saw drop in viewers, I'm worried.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Wouldn't it be funny if Ally Alston was really the long missing Mrs. Lane? Sam & Lois don't know but Lucy does.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if Ally Alston was really the long missing Mrs. Lane? Sam & Lois don't know but Lucy does.
    That will be some Pop-pop Palpatine type reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    That thought had crossed my mind. Briefly.

The degree of difficulty to pull off a Ally Alston / Mama Lane misdirect successfully is like 10x the challenge of the Doomsday / Bizarro one.

Unless we're talking shape-shifting or M:I 2 - level disguises here, it's really unlikely Sam Lane doesn't recognize his (ex?) wife, even after 30+ years.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    That thought had crossed my mind. Briefly.

The degree of difficulty to pull off a Ally Alston / Mama Lane misdirect successfully is like 10x the challenge of the Doomsday / Bizarro one.

Unless we're talking shape-shifting or M:I 2 - level disguises here, it's really unlikely Sam Lane doesn't recognize his (ex?) wife, even after 30+ years.
    Unless she underwent plastic surgery or some other similar device.

However, I don't think Ally Alston and Ella Lane are one and the same. However, I do think there may be a connection of some kind.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I don't think they'd make it that convoluted.

There is probably some sort of connection there, that was the thought I had from Lucy's description of the trip she had. I bet its some sort of access to the multiverse or at least a Bizarro dimension. That may be how the storylines eventually converge. I'm thinking that amulet eventually turns Ally into an actual "parasite" given the way it seemed to allow Bizzaro to connect and pull from Clark.

Really enjoying this season, though they seem to really be hitting Chrissy with the plot stupidity hammer to create conflict for Lois unnecessarily. I think Ally would be a big enough threat to Lois without having Chrissy be so absurdly hostile to Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There is probably some sort of connection there, that was the thought I had from Lucy's description of the trip she had. I bet its some sort of access to the multiverse or at least a Bizarro dimension. That may be how the storylines eventually converge. I'm thinking that amulet eventually turns Ally into an actual "parasite" given the way it seemed to allow Bizzaro to connect and pull from Clark.

Really enjoying this season, though they seem to really be hitting Chrissy with the plot stupidity hammer to create conflict for Lois unnecessarily. I think Ally would be a big enough threat to Lois without having Chrissy be so absurdly hostile to Lois.
    It feels like ever since the DoD issue last season Chrissy's taken any excuse to distrust/bust Lois' chops, no matter whether it's justified or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like ever since the DoD issue last season Chrissy's taken any excuse to distrust/bust Lois' chops, no matter whether it's justified or not.
    To be fair, Lois keeps withholding info from her about her family even when it’s relevant to what’s going on. Still a leap to choose a cult leader over your partner however, but I think Chrissy may be getting swayed by Ally’s charisma.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To be fair, Lois keeps withholding info from her about her family even when it’s relevant to what’s going on. Still a leap to choose a cult leader over your partner however, but I think Chrissy may be getting swayed by Ally’s charisma.
    Or... she's pretending to be in order to get closer to Ally and see what's really going on.

It could end up becoming a bit of both. Chrissy starts out pretending to be falling for Ally's whole bit but ends up starting to legitimately get caught up in it.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.