Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Also I HATE when citizens in fictional worlds act brand new when it comes to weird stuff happening in their universe. Yes we've seen Superman battle all these villains and aliens but some how we're going to act like merging with another world is utter nonsense.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Is there is any reason why people get as mad as they do when learning about someone having superpowers? Granted we aren’t at the point of “eff you dad” that we got with Jordan in season 1, but I do think there is a bit of an overreaction whenever someone learns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Every character in a CW show has to have a hard-on for people keeping secrets.
    Yeah, its like, "Oh you have superpowers and you've saved millions of lives, but how dare you not tell ME! Me, me, me..." It's all about them I guess.

I mean, within your own family I kind of get, but the Lana (and now Sarah) stuff seems pretty contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Also I HATE when citizens in fictional worlds act brand new when it comes to weird stuff happening in their universe. Yes we've seen Superman battle all these villains and aliens but some how we're going to act like merging with another world is utter nonsense.
    The townspeople really remind me of background townies in many a Simpsons scene, a comical farce. The election episode was the epitome of this. I kept thinking of that Simpsons episode where the townspeople chanted generically, "government! government! government!"
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 06-24-2022 at 05:37 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would like to see more Superman villains we have not seen before show up like Riot, Conduit or the Puzzler. We got Thaddeus Killgrave in season 1 and Alexandra Allston version of Parasite in season 2.
    Show would benefit from more one and done episodes I think where you could use villains like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think the shows strength is NOT using a listers. They've been doing a good job with the "it's not who you think" villains. They can absolutely tone down the Cushing family drama though, it should not be taking up the screen time it has.
    Be a shame if we never got to see Hoechlin and Cryer get to actually play off against each other, and we’ve never actually seen a proper Superman vs. Brainiac showdown in live action (I don’t count Smallville), and we likely won’t ever get that since Brainiac will likely be pitted against Supergirl or the post-Flashpoint JL which won’t have Superman.

Show has suffered in S2 because they have done a poor job fleshing out Ally, she’s not as charismatic as Tal/Eradicator were. Primarily because I don’t think they knew how to connect her to the family plots like they did with Tal. They tried to patch in a connection with Lucy but we needed more scenes of Lois & Lucy to really sell us on that imo. With the bigger villains they at least know (or should anyway) what to do with Lex or Brainiac.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I definitely agree with more one-and-dones and thta Ally has really not been established as well.

This season has been a roller coaster in terms of quality. The Bizarro stuff worked really well, while the Ally Alston stuff has not.

The 4 Horsemen of Tired Superman Stories are His Origin, Him Losing His Powers, Him Going Rogue, and His Death.

Superman isn't Superman without his powers. Contrary to popular belief, It's not (and never has been) his heart alone that makes him Superman: it's what he chooses to do with those powers that makes him Superman.

Absolute waste of Kitty Faulkner and the opportunity to see a live-action Rampage onscreen.

Entirely too much Lana and her kin onscreen. Really wish the show would relocate its main setting from Smallville back to Metropolis next season.

Really hope the s2 finale lives up to the hype.

Also now think that 4 seasons (with the twins graduating high school as the natural stopping point) is the absolute maximum for the duration of this show.

It feels like the repercussions from that choice are still very much being felt, especially with Jordan and Sarah. Will we still be seeing fallout from that in season three?

I think with Jordan and Sarah, they’re probably not going to be together. It’s like a lot of teenage relationships—you sort of go in and out. There are times you’re really intense and then times when things sort of fizzle out. I think Jordan will always love Sarah, and I think Sarah will have a special place in her heart for Jordan. But right now, moving forward, they’re probably not going to be together. We’ll see if they get back together or not eventually, but for now, probably not.
    Interview with the show runner here but at least this part makes me happy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interview with the show runner here but at least this part makes me happy.
    This too pleases me .

spoilers:
    I don't really care for Chrissy finding out though.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

spoilers:
    It's not Earth Prime!
    end of spoilers
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not Earth Prime!
    end of spoilers
    Which oddly explains why this show is soooo much better than the others, woot!

When in doubt, Tal Rho shows up to save his family and back his brother up. And thankfully on this Earth it doesn't cost him his life.

Bizarro!Lois was there just to...stand and look pretty. Like, no interaction with the family at all (since they probably couldn't really understand her) or any kind of follow-up, she's just kind of there. We didn't really get much resolution with the Bizarro family at all. Like what happened to Jon-El? Imprisoned like Ally? Will they ever get Bizarro's body?

I thought Lois and Lana with her family offered a nice on the street perspective to the merging of the Earths.

I had a feeling they would eventually resort to just throwing him into the sun, but it was a pretty cool sequence.

Man, I never expected to feel so bad for Kyle, or to see Lois comforting and hugging him like that. What a change from the beginning of season 1.

I guess the only real solution the writers could come up with to save themselves the headache and address all the questions about shows' status in the Arrowverse...was to basically just ignore them and make the show it's own standalone Earth. Which I guess explains why they never mentioned Kara or any other heroes and why Superman wasn't really mentioned in the last season of Supergirl. Which doesn't fit at all with Crisis but makes sense for how the show has been handling it. I guess that makes it a completely different Diggle and Argus (although Diggle still mentioned Oliver so I guess he still existed?). I guess this is another nail in the coffin of the Arrowverse.

Natalie jumped the gun and tried to save her dad without understanding what the real plan was, but it was a nice moment of the Irons family together and deciding to save the world while sacrificing themselves. Luckily this time there's a Superman to save them both.

Superman flying out of the sun is some All Star Superman @#$& and I love it.

Solar Superman vs. Parasite and he literally has her overload herself and punches them separate. I love it!

He did it! He did the thing! He flew around the Earth! Although instead of rewinding time he actually just de-merges the Earths with the full power of Solar Superman. Amazing.

I loved Smallville celebrating Superman and all the Superman (and Steel!) cosplayers, even including the Fleischer suit. Smallville is becoming Superman central (sorry Metropolis). Also Superman flying by and then showing up incognito as Clark is peak Superman.

Does Chrissy need to know Clark is Superman? I guess if Lois is going to be fully transparent and honest with her, but it didn't feel as earned to me. I hope this means less of Chrissy lecturing Lois about journalism.

Poor Kyle. It doesn't seem like a full reconciliation with Lana is in the cards, but at least she still cares about him.

The irony that the merging never made you feel "complete," Ally was just desperate to make everyone like her so she didn't feel alone. And now she's stuck with herself. Although at least she understands Bizarro!Ally.

At least Jon got Candice, who finally shows up again...which is pretty much the best thing he got out of this season.

Sarah finally properly apologizes for the Aubrey thing and acts emotionally mature about their relationship! And understanding Jordan's perspective. That was really nice to see. And now they're starting from square one, so hopefully whatever course their relationship takes will be more positive and strong.

So I guess Bruno Manheim and Intergang are going to be villains in season 3, although I doubt they'll be the main villains. We're also addressing the mystery of what happened to this worlds' John Henry Irons.

Tal has now settled into being the cool, rich, uncle who gifts the best for his nephews. Also looks like he'll be settling into Bizzaro World as their new resident Super. I wish we could've seen the look on his face when he found out who he was married to.

Lucy moves back to Metropolis...even if I feel like she deserves some jail time, at least she finally reconciled with Lois and will hopefully make a better life for herself. Also I guess she never found out her brother-in-law was Superman?

Clark takes the whole family to build a new Fortress of Solitude which actually looks like a proper Fortress straight from the comics (and is in the middle of the sea which feels like they pulled it from Bendis' run) and inviting the whole family, including Jon, to be a part of it. I hope the interior looks good.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Man!That solar superman **** was trippy as eff...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It would be cool to see Tal Rho and Jordan develop a Vegeta and Gohan type dynamic.

Looking forward to seeing Bruno Mannheim and Intergang. Seeing Supes, Steel and co go up against some superpowered and Apokolips tech using gangsters would be a change of pace.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I totally get why they took this out of the Arrow-verse. This frees them up to do their own versions of different characters. And with what we know of as the Arrow-verse more or less gone with Flash, they aren't obligated or tied down to the actors who played them on other shows. They can re-cast Lex if they want. One of the complaints we had about Supergirl is that she took all of Superman's villains. Well, this relieves them of that burden while still allowing her history to remind intact. I firmly believe they intended this to take place in the Arrow-verse. But as events unfolded and shows got cancelled, it's obvious they saw they didn't need to tie themselves to it anymore. As a practical and story telling issue, this is in their best interest. So the only real issue is, does Ollie exist in this universe and it sounds like he does. Was he killed in action? What happened to him? Is he still out there somewhere? Could Stephen Amell make a guest appearance as their world's GA?
    Assassinate Putin!

I wills say the "It's dad! It's Clark! It's Superman!" was fun.

Also they used "Truth, Justice, and a better tomorrow.

Ally has got to be one of the most underdeveloped Big Bads I have ever seen.

The relationship between Nat, Jon, and Jordan was one thing that I thought the show handled well, so it was nice to see that culminate in all of them acknowledging each other as siblings over the course of the season

Still feels a little weird that the Kents are willing to give “Uncle Tal” the benefit of the doubt but the actor is so charismatic I can’t complain. He and Hoechlin play off each other well. Nice of Jordan to save him given all the times Tal tried to kill him.

Finale does do a good job of portraying the apocalyptic cult atmosphere on Bizarro World, I’ll give it that.

Ah so there you go. This isn’t Earth Prime, on this world only Superman exists.

That shot of sun dipped Superman and then him erupting from the sun was cool! Ally’s defeat was as underwhelming as can be, but Superman overcharging himself on sunlight to the point he punches the Earths so hard they separate is awesome actually.

Hah Miracle Monday huh? Oh and they used the new Superman motto too.

Damn Lois told Chrissy. Hoped she ran that by Clark first but hopefully this means no more drama with Chrissy lecturing Lois about trust.

Oh wow they finally acknowledge that Sarah kissing someone else when she was with Jordan was bad. Better late than never I guess but c’mon they really needed people on social media to point that out to them? Ugh a “reset”? I mean they say the two of them have broken up but I’m just so tired of this relationship, it was handled so poorly and I just want it to be over.

Ah so the Allies still exist and are “Parasite Twins”. Really need to go reread Rucka’s Adventures of Superman run at some point, Ally was not good despite the actress giving it her all, but I am curious how similar the two takes are

Lmao I called it! Knew he’d end up on the Bizarro Earth. Uh does Lana staying separate from Kyle mean they’re actually going to try to pair Lana and Tal together at some point?

Oh so they’re teasing Intergang? And they’re actually making the death of this world’s JHI a plot point. Wonder if this world JHI was a weapons maker for Intergang. Intergang for S3 could be fun, that will hopefully actually give Lois something to investigate, and will also hopefully mean no more X-K bad guys. Let’s go with them using alien tech. Would’ve still preferred Brainiac but I guess since this is a new Earth they can always cast a Lex or Brainiac or Ultra-Humanite and tie them to Intergang.

Wow Lucy just gets to walk away? Lmao alright. Guess we can’t really complain about nepotism given the entire basis of Superman and Sam’s relationship is Sam protecting his son-in-law.

Finally having Jon and Lara meet huh? And Jon getting Kryptonian tech will hopefully mean the writers can actually give him stuff to do next season. And hey new Fortress! Hopefully this one comes packed with cooler stuff, that hint about Kryptonian tech makes me think so.

Overall I’m giving this season a 6/10. It’s a big step down from the first season, mostly because of several factors
    -Ally sucked as a villain. She never really had a theme that connected to all the troubles everyone else was going through, and they didn’t do a good job fleshing her out.
    -Why the hell was there never a conversation where Jon and Clark finally understood each other? I swear it’s like the writers just flat out can’t understand that most of the audience likes Jon. Perfect set up for it with the power loss too
    -What the hell was Jordan and Sarah’s relationship? Completely baffling that nobody seemed to realize how she came off
    -So many plot lines get set up and just… go nowhere.

All the parts I liked from the previous season, Hoechlin, Tulloch, Parks, I liked here too, and the other major addition to the cast in Natalie was great also. I’ll be back for S3, there’s still enough I enjoy for me to keep going, but at this point it’s clear that S&L is a CW show with all the pitfalls that comes with those kinds of shows. It’s better than Titans however since I don’t hate the majority of the cast.

Showrunner also did a postmortem on S2
    KRYPTONSITE’S CRAIG BYRNE: At what point was it decided that Superman & Lois was not happening on the same “Earth-Prime” as The Flash, Supergirl and several of the other DC shows?

TODD HELBING: Discussions were had in Season 1 with DC, so I knew that that was the way that we were gonna go, but I was asked not to reveal that to the public until the end of Season 2. So, it was two seasons of questions about it, with fans getting more and more frustrated – which is completely understandable – but it just felt like for our show, and particularly now, with shows unfortunately ending, it seemed like the best decision to have Superman & Lois on its own Earth.
    This bit is interesting if true (why have Diggle act like it was Earth-Prime in S1 if so?), makes me wonder why DC would care enough to want this on its own Earth. Guess maybe to avoid it being saddled down with the Arrowverse wrapping up since the next season of the Flash will likely be it’s last?