Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's no way Supergirl gets to keep most of her history and S&L can use the same characters. This seemed like the easiest workaround for fans of both characters. Supergirl gets to keep her continuity, and S&L has the freedom to start from scratch. It's an everyone wins situation.
    Assassinate Putin!

Wonder if this means they’ll cast a new Lex? On one hand I think it would be great if it allows for them to start using the more popular Superman villains, but if they’re just sticking to the more obscure ones I don’t really see the point. Saw some speculation that maybe DC wants to spin out a new shared streaming universe on HBO Max using S&L as the first show, but I’m skeptical of that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

On the plus side, cape clips, blue heat vision Superman is still out there somewhere. Letting his cousin live in his Fortress. If you believe, he'll be back someday!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if this means they’ll cast a new Lex? On one hand I think it would be great if it allows for them to start using the more popular Superman villains, but if they’re just sticking to the more obscure ones I don’t really see the point. Saw some speculation that maybe DC wants to spin out a new shared streaming universe on HBO Max using S&L as the first show, but I’m skeptical of that.
    God I hope not. The Arrowverse was alright all things considered, but I'm in no hurry to get back to the lame small crossovers to remind you they're connected, and the big event crossovers that derail a show's progression.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    On the plus side, cape clips, blue heat vision Superman is still out there somewhere. Letting his cousin live in his Fortress. If you believe, he'll be back someday!
    I honestly prefer the cape clips to the whole tucked under the collar look. I know that I'm the only one here who does, but the cape collar just looks less professional and more uncomfortable.

I think they honestly wrote out Superman of Earth-Prime. I don't think they even mentioned him in the final season of Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    God I hope not. The Arrowverse was alright all things considered, but I'm in no hurry to get back to the lame small crossovers to remind you they're connected, and the big event crossovers that derail a show's progression.
    The crossovers were great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they honestly wrote out Superman of Earth-Prime. I don't think they even mentioned him in the final season of Supergirl.

Some were, not all. And I never liked that they took up episodes of the regular series.
    Like, in comics there's an actual Justice League book. I would prefer the crossovers like that, their own separate series or whatever that doesn't impact the normal shows. Like the normal plot has to be put on hold just for this.

Some were, not all. And I never liked that they took up episodes of the regular series.
    Like, in comics there's an actual Justice League book. I would prefer the crossovers like that, their own separate series or whatever that doesn't impact the normal shows. Like the normal plot has to be put on hold just for this.
    When we have 22-episode seasons I think we can take 1-2 episodes per season for a crossover or guest appearance without damaging the overall series (especially with how drawn out the plots of those seasons can be), and I think quite a few of the crossovers were good and usually character arcs in one form or another continued during the crossovers so they weren't completely abrupt. Like how they managed to make Arrows' milestone episode work during Invasion!

A Brave and the Bold series would be fun but I don't think it would've been financially feasible to do a show that's just team-ups.

When we have 22-episode seasons I think we can take 1-2 episodes per season for a crossover or guest appearance without damaging the overall series (especially with how drawn out the plots of those seasons can be), and I think quite a few of the crossovers were good and usually character arcs in one form or another continued during the crossovers so they weren't completely abrupt. Like how they managed to make Arrows' milestone episode work during Invasion!

A Brave and the Bold series would be fun but I don't think it would've been financially feasible to do a show that's just team-ups.
    Eh, disagree. No matter how many episodes we have, taking a time out to tell the unrelated crossover event story is distracting. I'd much rather they have some separate miniseries or something for that. Doesn't need a whole show, but better than taking from the other shows. An event miniseries that allows the regular shows to continue uninterrupted.

Also I never liked the events having lasting impacts on the shows themselves.

And again, that's just for the events, which was the only good part of the shared universe. The small cameos were always groan inducing for me personally.

Eh, disagree. No matter how many episodes we have, taking a time out to tell the unrelated crossover event story is distracting. I'd much rather they have some separate miniseries or something for that. Doesn't need a whole show, but better than taking from the other shows. An event miniseries that allows the regular shows to continue uninterrupted.

Also I never liked the events having lasting impacts on the shows themselves.

And again, that's just for the events, which was the only good part of the shared universe. The small cameos were always groan inducing for me personally.
    I don't think the crossovers are unrelated because they usually find a way to connect to the characters and their ongoing stories, which is basically the ideal for any crossover. I don't think we need a mini-series for that to happen since it's still basically just between the shows and not a separate thing. I don't see any "taking" involved.

Is there a point if the events don't have any impact? Fun, one-off, crossovers have their place but in a serialized medium I think people expect there to be a point to the story being told.

I liked when Captain Singh guest-starred in Arrow or when Diggle popped up in The Flash, but to each their own.

I feel like you just don't like shared universes, crossovers, or guest appearances in general.

My guess is he retired same as Kara after his kids were born. Which is a perfect ending for that universes Super-family.

And I do think the blue heat vision was an interesting deviation from the norm.
    Assassinate Putin!

I don't think the crossovers are unrelated because they usually find a way to connect to the characters and their ongoing stories, which is basically the ideal for any crossover. I don't think we need a mini-series for that to happen since it's still basically just between the shows and not a separate thing. I don't see any "taking" involved.

Is there a point if the events don't have any impact? Fun, one-off, crossovers have their place but in a serialized medium I think people expect there to be a point to the story being told.

I liked when Captain Singh guest-starred in Arrow or when Diggle popped up in The Flash, but to each their own.

I feel like you just don't like shared universes, crossovers, or guest appearances in general.
    I like shared universes to a degree, I just don't like the crossover thing in general. Like I am fine with it in the old DCAU model, I like having solo series and team series. I don't like the whole everything needs to interconnect all the time, what happens in the team stuff disruptive the solo stuff aspects. Like I'm really not all hating on shared universes all the time, I just hate that they have become such a huge part of the focus and is all anyone ever wants to talk about anymore. Like any little thing it becomes "I hope they crossover". Especially when imo most of the time the crossovers aren't that good. Like my favorite MCU movies are Iron Man, Ant Man, GotG, but not the Avengers.

I get that the shared crossover stuff though is your favorite aspects. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I feel like that you're painting me as "oh, he's never happy, he hates everything shared universe and crossover" when that is just not true. I just prefer it in smaller doses, and I prefer when it's not mandatory to understand what is going on in later solo stuff. That is all. I'm just a bit tired of how big and overwhelming it's become, at least in my opinion, and how hyper laser focused so much of the fandom has become about it.

And yes there is a point if the events don't have an impact - an excuse to do a team up. That's the whole point of the crossover, the crossover itself. We just need the one off crossovers without it having lasting implications.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 06-29-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Officially disconnecting this from the other CW dreck is the only good move they made. Beyond... the quality of this show fell right off the cliff. Loved most of season 1, season 2 just got worse and worse until this utter tripe of a finale.

Chrissy added to Lana, Sarah, John, Natalie, and General lane is supermans version of every other CW shows scooby crew. hopefully none of them get powers(beyond the Steel suits).

kryptonian tech could. lead to TTK, then Jon can wear a better version of Jon-els look(no blood on the S on his shirt and no red pants please).

sundipped superman is badass

intergang leads to apokolips, which means Darkseid is

I hope to see somewhere down the road new versions of superheros on this earth.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I like how General Lane specifically said that their world only has Superman. It means S&L is basically the purest Superman content we've had in years that won't be tainted by non Superverse characters. Thank God.