Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Grummet Superman anything is a must buy. His Superman art from the Death & Return time frame kind of defined Superman for me.

I got a commmission of the mullet Superman from him a while back.

Attachment 117641
    That is fantastic!

Also, my general thoughts/predictions:

spoilers:

Doomsday is the "1st half" villain, and we have "an" Eradicator (who does have powers), a Superboy, and a "retired" Steel.

Superman will "die" in episode 6, or at least be so critical that they'll think he's dead. We may know differently, but most in the show won't. Lois has been trying to get closer to Nat, and John can't help but see his Lois when he sees this one - I think there may be an "almost" moment, and may partly inspire John to come out of retirement to step up in Superman's absence. We won't get to an actual romance, but there will be a mutual connection - and I do trust the show to handle it tastefully, something I'd never say of DC proper.

The "real" villain may bring Doomsday back or something, and Tal may try to become the Eradicator again but this time try to control it - and he'll make the ultimate sacrifice (Clark not believing there's good in him gives me this idea - he'll prove both Clark and himself wrong.) Said sacrifice will give the revived Clark and the team what they need to take down whoever the 2nd half villain is.

I think Mitch and Superman will come to an understanding of some sort by the end of the season, because that just feels more like the "vibe" for this show.
    end of spoilers

No matter what, I absolutely LOVE all the easter eggs and setups this is bringing! Easily my favorite non-comics Superman content, at this point.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Season 2 confirmed to have 15 episodes total.

Hopefully, this time the cast and crew knew this ahead of time and we don't get multiple season-finale episodes like last year.

Also, the actress who plays Dr. Faulkner:

- is named Catherine Lough Haggquist

- has been professionally acting since 1992

- is 5'10" tall (without heels)

- guest-starred on an episode of Smallville in 2002 as "Mary"

I can totally see her becoming Rampage (from exposure to x-k) this season.

If so, tho, I hope the show gives her really good costuming, makeup & f/x.

I remember how bad Supergirl's Red Tornado and Silver Banshee looked onscreen.

Bummer
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jordan beating up Tal-Rho was fun, but jeez, kid really needs to learn how to throw a punch. I wonder if he's going to become Superboy this season. If they kill off Clark like they're supposed to!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Bummer
    I'm wondering what the super bowl has to do with it, it's on a sunday...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I'm wondering what the super bowl has to do with it, it's on a sunday...
    Olympics I kind of get. But, yeah, the Super Bowl thing is kind of weird.
    Assassinate Putin!

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but a reviewer picked up that the name of the cult leader, Allie Allston, is the same as one of the Parasite twins from Rucka's Adventures of Superman run. So maybe Lois' villain this season will start out as a cult leader and will become Parasite

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alexandra...on_(New_Earth)

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but a reviewer picked up that the name of the cult leader, Allie Allston, is the same as one of the Parasite twins from Rucka's Adventures of Superman run. So maybe Lois' villain this season will start out as a cult leader and will become Parasite

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alexandra...on_(New_Earth)

Huh! So it wasn't just an Allison Mack reference. Just a happy coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m sure there was some forethought into it, though they would probably never admit it. Parasite starting off as a cult leader is actually pretty solid if that’s the case.

Caught up with this finally & I really hate the portrayal of Jon on this show he is such a waste of space honestly they gave everything to Jordan what is he even here for to get caught banging a chick?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Caught up with this finally & I really hate the portrayal of Jon on this show he is such a waste of space honestly they gave everything to Jordan what is he even here for to get caught banging a chick?
    I suspect the producers feel they can take narrative chances with Jordan they can't with Jon so they have back-burner'ed him. It sucks but it is what it is...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm hoping he becomes a Conner stand-in. He could pull saying "Don't dis the S" better than Jordan.

I would've preferred Cir-el joining the show. Having her be Sarah Kent whose destined to travel back in time and die is a cool sci-fi plot. Plus I have a fraternal twin sister so giving Jordan one would've been cool. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2022 at 10:16 AM.

I’m sure there was some forethought into it, though they would probably never admit it. Parasite starting off as a cult leader is actually pretty solid if that’s the case.
    Article I posted that went into all the various villains mentioned it, I would definitely like to see her as S&L Parasite since Supergirl used the Rudy Jones version. I dug the CGI Parasite design in Supergirl actually so I wouldn’t mind if they used something similar for Allston. Least make her somewhat monstrous when she’s draining people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I suspect the producers feel they can take narrative chances with Jordan they can't with Jon so they have back-burner'ed him. It sucks but it is what it is...
    That’s what Superlad theorized and it makes sense. Jon can be what you’d “expect” from a Son of Superman while Jordan has more narrative freedom. Jon will likely still get powers eventually towards the endgame of the series.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was also thinking that too.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I try to keep my moaning about this show's use of Jon to a minimum because I want other people who are enjoying it to, well, enjoy it.

That said, this isn't quite "moaning", but rather an actual idea regarding the direction this show could go in that may explain the truly strange and baffling choices when it comes to the kids and Jon in particular. Basically, I'll be going under the pretty fair assumption that this show will only last till just before the boys go off to college. I don't think they want to run the show into the ground the same way Smallville did. So the fixed endpoint of the boys going ending high school and this chapter of their lives makes sense. Lois and Clark parenting two high school boys in Clark's hometown is after all the whole crux of the show.

My theory is that by-- lets say 5 (as long as Gotham) or even 4 it's senior year (if they keep doing the one year of school for each season thing they're doing) Jordan has his little world more or less figured out. Him and Sarah are maybe back together after some ups, down, and break ups, the town is thriving, and-- maybe most importantly-- he's doing well as officially Superboy. In fact his powers have been growing pretty rapidly since freshmen year (as we've seen by him taking on Edge). But things kind of change when after all these years, his issues with X Kryptonite drug use, and feeling aimless Jon's powers come in. Turns out that out of the two brothers he was just simply the late bloomer. Jordan wants to be supportive and is on the outside, but on the inside some cracks are forming. The really specific world where he's Superboy-- and one day Superman-- start to fall apart.

That's when Clark decides to sell the farm to a new family. And that's when Sarah changes her plans to go to an in-state school with Jordan in the fall. And just a whole bunch of little things that sort of shift the dynamic of what the boys went through at the start of the show where Jon's world is lost and he's aimless while new possibilities are in front of Jordan. Via the main villain of the season Jordan gets to a point where he just wants things to go back to the way they were, and at one point Clark tries to calm him down but Jordan unambiguously overpowers him.

Things would then hit a climax at either graduation or prom where Jordan gets ready to go full on Carrie. Jon's the one that steps up to stop him without hurting him. The rest of the cast (minus Clark and Lois obviously) only see this as a possible Even-More-powerful-Evil-Superman situation. By this point Clark's putting his trust in Jon-- even with his relatively new powers-- to face Jordan and help him while he goes and faces down the real big bad of the season.

Maybe even make it Alexander Luthor, right? A Lex influencing a young and misguided Superboy from another universe? Where have I heard that before? Anyways, it'll give us the Superman vs Lex fight we likely can't get with the main Lex.

It's a chance to air out 17 years of built up **** between the two boys. But more importantly it's basically Superboy vs Superboy Prime! I mean, it's no secret that Johns is the executive producer on this show, and he's forever salty about Conner not going exactly to his plan in the comics, and clearly Jon in this show has more in common with Johns' take on the Conner Kent character than anything else (Johns even gave Conner the catch phrase "touchdown" when he'd use his TK).

(I also think Jon's likely have TK because of this fact and to spice up the variation in powers between the Kents)

I'm thinking we're going to get this show's version of the battle of Smallville, and Jon likely ends up critically hurt. This would also be a callback to Black Dawn and Super Sons of Tomorrow. It ends with Jordan sacrificing his powers to save everyone. He's left as a normal person, but he's grown since he was 14 and is now ready to face the unknown of tomorrow.

And similar to how Smallville and Gotham both "snap" into a recognizable shape by the end regardless of the libraries the show took before then-- but if you squint you'll see the differences-- I think that's how this show ends. A flash-forward to a graying Clark seeing Jon off as the new Superman, and Jordan in a far better place as a person without the need of his powers to define him.

The show even just made the comparison to that Clark and Edge were like Jon and Jordan with Jon being Clark and Jordan being Edge. Smallville is Jordan's Krypton/Earth Prime, and him wanting to hold onto it it/bring it back to how it was rather than facing what's new and unknown is the parallel. But with Jon, he's rolled with the punches and always tried to maintain what's good about him.

I view his use of guns, Steels hammer for a moment, and what will likely be his use of X Kryptonite similar to when you'd see young Bruce trying to fight crime before he's ready, or the times where Jor-El took hold of Clark and unlocked his full powers for a moment but without the heart behind them. Again, like Gotham The Guy (in this case, the next Superman) isn't at the forefront, but rather it's a more gray character who is.

That's the theory anyway.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-25-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.