Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Think they'll reuse Jon Cryer or recast for Lex?
    I know the show has a tenuous connection to the wider Arrowverse and an even more tenuous connection to Supergirl, but I don't think they would hard recast without at least explaining it.

I know Cryer would probably be game for it and on some level I feel like he and Hoechlin need to have at least something after they went out of their way for the two to barely interact in Lex's prior appearances to the point of ridiculousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s kind of hard to guess. This show prefers the Post Crisis era over the way Supergirl tried to draw across eras. Cryer’s take is very much in the mold of Lex as a super villain rather than a corporate corrupt CEO. However they already used that take with Edge, so perhaps they would indeed prefer to use Lex as a straightforward super villain. I think they’d keep Cryer but how they would use him I can’t begin to guess.
    Supergirl kind of leaned more into corrupt CEO Lex Post-Crisis when he was in charge of the DEO and no one but the protagonists remembered he was evil.

I forget the specifics, but didn't John Henry use LexCorp as a cover story back in Season 1? Does that even work within the context of Supergirl's Lex?

I can see them eventually using Cryer, since he was so well received. But I think they'd probably have to tweak his characterization a little bit to decamp him some. Generally, it doesn't seem like his Lex would fit within the overall feel of S&L as things stand.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It just occurred to me there's no way the Supergirl show could have even happened now. The whole reason he left her with the Danvers' was because they helped him learn about his heritage. Well, the show already eliminated that option with the AI at the Fortress. So unless Jeremiah somehow knew something it didn't, there was no reason to involve him at all. Supergirl would have had to take place in a different timeline.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I forget the specifics, but didn't John Henry use LexCorp as a cover story back in Season 1? Does that even work within the context of Supergirl's Lex?

I can see them eventually using Cryer, since he was so well received. But I think they'd probably have to tweak his characterization a little bit to decamp him some. Generally, it doesn't seem like his Lex would fit within the overall feel of S&L as things stand.
    I think the company still existed Post-Crisis, so that at least checks out.

I think Cryer could definitely play a more subdued version of his Lex, although at least a little camp might be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It just occurred to me there's no way the Supergirl show could have even happened now. The whole reason he left her with the Danvers' was because they helped him learn about his heritage. Well, the show already eliminated that option with the AI at the Fortress. So unless Jeremiah somehow knew something it didn't, there was no reason to involve him at all. Supergirl would have had to take place in a different timeline.
    Maybe something we can write off through Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Whatever they decide to do with Kara should she finally show up on this show, I feel like they're going to rewrite parts of her show regardless to make everything work suddenly. That's going to upset a lot of people. Many are already upset over Lucy and she was only there in S1.

My takes on the overall future of SAL (at this moment):

1. The show will only last 4, maybe 5 seasons tops, and that's by design. It will end when the boys graduate from high school.

2. The final big bad of the overall show is going to be the Evil Superman who destroyed John Henry and Nat Irons' earth. Good Superman is going to beat Evil Superman.

3. Luthor is coming, but he won't have any continuity to his Supergirl incarnation, even if they bring back Jon Cryer for the role (I'm hoping for Clancy Brown, myself).

4. Metropolis will become a bigger part of the show. Lois and Clark will regularly commute (via Superman) back to the Daily Planet at some future point.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Whatever they decide to do with Kara should she finally show up on this show, I feel like they're going to rewrite parts of her show regardless to make everything work suddenly. That's going to upset a lot of people. Many are already upset over Lucy and she was only there in S1.
    Crisis did seem to kind of screw Lucy over considering she went from a military official leading the DEO (even if she then inexplicably vanished) to being part of a cult that almost got her killed and then selling out her sister.

It’s kind of hard to guess. This show prefers the Post Crisis era over the way Supergirl tried to draw across eras. Cryer’s take is very much in the mold of Lex as a super villain rather than a corporate corrupt CEO. However they already used that take with Edge, so perhaps they would indeed prefer to use Lex as a straightforward super villain. I think they’d keep Cryer but how they would use him I can’t begin to guess.
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Wasn’t he imprisoned in the PZ at the end of Supergirl’s last season? Could always use his time trapped there to change his personality (assuming they would even acknowledge that).
    What makes you say that?
    I follow many of the show writers on Twitter and a lot of them are very open about the Triangle Era being their favorite Superman era. Doesn’t mean they don’t take stuff from elsewhere, X-Kryptonite is extremely Pre-Crisis and Edge being Kal’s half brother feels very Pre-Crisis as well, but S1’s villains were Morgan Edge/The Eradicator, Killgrave showed up, John Henry Irons/Steel is an important cast member, the Fortress of Solitude is a more barebones grounded and “realistic” depiction compared to Supergirl, overall the show is rooted in the Post Crisis era from my perspective.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I follow many of the show writers on Twitter and a lot of them are very open about the Triangle Era being their favorite Superman era. Doesn’t mean they don’t take stuff from elsewhere, X-Kryptonite is extremely Pre-Crisis and Edge being Kal’s half brother feels very Pre-Crisis as well, but S1’s villains were Morgan Edge/The Eradicator, Killgrave showed up, John Henry Irons/Steel is an important cast member, the Fortress of Solitude is a more barebones grounded and “realistic” depiction compared to Supergirl, overall the show is rooted in the Post Crisis era from my perspective.
    On that one I kind of disagree with you strongly on the notion it's Post Crisis inspired. Think they're just doing a cheap Donner-era take on the Fortress.

On that one I kind of disagree with you strongly on the notion it's Post Crisis inspired. Think they're just doing a cheap Donner-era take on the Fortress.
    Supergirl had the “crystal Fortress”, S&L Fortress feels more like Zack Snyder’s “Fortress” where it’s a bunch of barren hallways and a single computer with AI Jor-El. It’s also more “naturalistic” in aesthetic than what Donner did.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think they ran out of budget for the Fortress .

Or maybe they just didn't want something as excessive as the Supergirl Fotress which was more classic and had so much stuff (Jor-El/Lara statues, Kelex, more room, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    My takes on the overall future of SAL (at this moment):

1. The show will only last 4, maybe 5 seasons tops, and that's by design. It will end when the boys graduate from high school.

2. The final big bad of the overall show is going to be the Evil Superman who destroyed John Henry and Nat Irons' earth. Good Superman is going to beat Evil Superman.

3. Luthor is coming, but he won't have any continuity to his Supergirl incarnation, even if they bring back Jon Cryer for the role (I'm hoping for Clancy Brown, myself).

4. Metropolis will become a bigger part of the show. Lois and Clark will regularly commute (via Superman) back to the Daily Planet at some future point.
    I don't see Metropolis becoming much more than the default place for an action scene. The Kents will probably live in Smallville at least until the boys graduate. And i agree i think the show will wrap up around that point. Not to say Superman doesn't have a strong connection to Metropolis. Though i think think show went a long way to show that its more expendable than in other adaptations. Superman is unique in that unlike most other heroes, he didn't grow up in the city he protects. Hell neither did Lois with that army brat always moving around backstory being the norm. So its not really comparable to Batman/Gotham, Daredevil/NYC etc. There aren't any open plot lines or even notable characters still living in Metropolis. The global hero is being more emphasized in this show than past iterations. I do wonder if Bizzaro might still be evil Superman. They tried to dismiss it last ep, but that might be another misdirect.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't see Metropolis becoming much more than the default place for an action scene. The Kents will probably live in Smallville at least until the boys graduate. And i agree i think the show will wrap up around that point. Not to say Superman doesn't have a strong connection to Metropolis. Though i think think show went a long way to show that its more expendable than in other adaptations. Superman is unique in that unlike most other heroes, he didn't grow up in the city he protects. Hell neither did Lois with that army brat always moving around backstory being the norm. So its not really comparable to Batman/Gotham, Daredevil/NYC etc. There aren't any open plot lines or even notable characters still living in Metropolis. The global hero is being more emphasized in this show than past iterations. I do wonder if Bizzaro might still be evil Superman. They tried to dismiss it last ep, but that might be another misdirect.
    I think there's a lot you can do with the Metropolis setting but it wouldn't fit the tone or premise of the Kents living in a rural smalltown and having intimate, family, stuff compared to living in a major metropolitan city.

I'm anxious to see how Jonathan will be when he takes X-K.

I actually miss Tegan from S1, lol. I found it interesting that she revealed that she moved to Smallville from Central City, and her father was sent to prison. I wonder if it was just a random coincidence- or if there's more to it... We haven't heard from her, right? She just vanished..