Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I actually liked Tegan and was looking forward to whatever they may have initially planned for Jon with her before those plans fell through, probably due to the unavailability of the actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Supergirl had the “crystal Fortress”, S&L Fortress feels more like Zack Snyder’s “Fortress” where it’s a bunch of barren hallways and a single computer with AI Jor-El. It’s also more “naturalistic” in aesthetic than what Donner did.
    Not really what Snyder's Fortress was either - there's no barren hallways in S&L's fortress. Or any hallway. It's mostly just a big open faced cave. Still not really post crisis or Snyder. Not unless you're not talking about Superman and the Fortress but Batman and the Batcave when Bruce first finds the cave and hasn't put in his crap yet. In which case yes they took post crisis Batcave inspiration for this fortress.

wouldn't mind if Clark steals his brothers fortress now that it has his mom. The grand canyon thing is at least a neat change of scenery compared to the ice cave.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-31-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really what Snyder's Fortress was either - there's no barren hallways in S&L's fortress. Or any hallway. It's mostly just a big open faced cave. Still not really post crisis or Snyder. Not unless you're not talking about Superman and the Fortress but Batman and the Batcave when Bruce first finds the cave and hasn't put in his crap yet. In which case yes they took post crisis Batcave inspiration for this fortress.
    There are, outside of the main cavern the entire Fortress from what we’ve seen is just empty space. Jordan walks down a couple empty hallways the first time he goes to the Fortress. There’s no memorabilia or decorations, it’s just an empty cave with a single console and some Kryptonian tech that is hidden within. Both the S&L cave and the Snyder “mothership” are Fortresses that don’t posses much in the way of personalization.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There are, outside of the main cavern the entire Fortress from what we’ve seen is just empty space. Jordan walks down a couple empty hallways the first time he goes to the Fortress. There’s no memorabilia or decorations, it’s just an empty cave with a single console and some Kryptonian tech that is hidden within. Both the S&L cave and the Snyder “mothership” are Fortresses that don’t posses much in the way of personalization.
    Eh, still think that 1) Snyderverse still doesn't count as "Post Crisis" and 2) the Snyder Fortress/ship still has more personality and "stuff" than the random empty cave vibe of the S&L Fortress. I'm not a fan of the Snyderverse, and Pre and Post Crisis really makes no difference to me, but this one seems like it doesn't really qualify for your hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    wouldn't mind if Clark steals his brothers fortress now that it has his mom. The grand canyon thing is at least a neat change of scenery compared to the ice cave.
    It's at least more spacious and visually interesting.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's at least more spacious and visually interesting.
    Yeah, pretty cool looking and different. Jordan sure wasn't a fan though, heh
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

What I'd like to see is that Clark eventually gains ownership of Lara's crystal and takes it elsewhere, like , say the Amazon jungle or even the bottom of the ocean and build a new Fortress there. The artic Fortress location is iconic there's no doubt, but Superman has had other locations for his Fortress over the decades. It would be nice to see one of those other variations to exist in live action.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    What I'd like to see is that Clark eventually gains ownership of Lara's crystal and takes it elsewhere, like , say the Amazon jungle or even the bottom of the ocean and build a new Fortress there. The artic Fortress location is iconic there's no doubt, but Superman has had other locations for his Fortress over the decades. It would be nice to see one of those other variations to exist in live action.
    I just hope whatever they do with the Fortress looks better than the season 1 Fortress.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I liked the idea of the Bermuda Triangle Fortress. Mysterious...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I kind of liked the Fortress in the DCAU. Of course a lot of that was the zoo of endangered or otherwise extinct animals from across the universe. It had dodos!

I still miss the Supergirl Fortress...

Extraordinary Member

Jordan make me cringe
    But this show is excellent

Jordan Kent beginning training, eh? Superboy (Well, not the real one, but close) making his debut wouldn't be too shabby.

She's a Parasite!" There we go. ​

Honestly Ally feels more scary than Bizarro at times because she feels more real in as far as a cult leader who controls and manipulates people through words, almost like an evil Lois. And she's really hitting Lois where it hurts.

Heat breath! Bizarro has the reverse powerset like in the comics!

It seems like the psychic link between Bizarro and Clark is through the necklace, which seemed like it was absorbing Clark somehow. I wonder what they'll find out through it.

Points to Jordan for some minor crime-fighting even if he didn't take into account how a security camera might catch him. He has to be smarter, even if his heart is in the right place. Lucky he's got a grandpa with military resources that are a phone call away.

I have to admit I kind of wanted to see Sam in various post-retirement activities every episode.

I feel like Jon has better things to do than be snorting X-Kryptonite. Seems like he uses his newfound powers to smack his brother around in the next episode.

"Inverse" - like how Bizarro speaks in reverse? Are these "other selves" Ally talks about related to Bizarro World? Are people connecting to their Bizarro incarnations?

I want to feel sympathetic towards Lucy because I know she's been through a lot...but she's a real piece of work. Like blaming Lois for their mom leaving and Lois not taking it well (which she was well in her right to do), when it seems like Lois was more of a mother to Lucy than their own was, or selling her out on multiple occasions and acting like she has the moral high ground. Although I guess the original sin is that Lois didn't use the fact that she apparently did see something when she overdosed, Lois Lane obscuring the full truth for personal reasons.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chrissy going to Ally about Lois. I get she has trust issues but it feels like she stopped giving Lois the benefit of the doubt a while ago.

I think anyone could see where this plotline was going when Anderson insinuated the Supermen of America could take on Bizarro...and they then proceed to get taken out in a matter of seconds.

John Henry Irons may have sacrificed himself to back up Clark, but he gave Clark ample reason to finally cut loose and go all out on Bizarro. Not that it assuages Natalie any. I wonder how long John Henry is going to stay in the hospital? Will Natalie ever forgive Clark?

I get that Sam is an accomplished military guy who knows tactics...but is he really the right person to teach Jordan how to be a Superhero? I can only see him turning Jordan into a more militarized version of his dad.

I was wondering if the mayor was insinuating anything more, but it seems like Kyle had more than just a drinking problem...he actually had an affair. I don't see Lana or Sarah taking that well.