Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Woah, it didn't take long for this show to fall off the rails, did it?

The dumb creative decisions being made with Jon are truly baffling.

So it turns out Ally has had a connection to Bizarro World since she was young, through her family, and through that necklace. And it turns out that not only is it real but Ally is basically the absolute ruler (and likely dictator) of the whole place. Yeah, Lucy kind of left that one out.

Stop being such a stereotypical government type, Anderson.

I knew all that family bliss for the Cushing...I mean, Cortez's was going to end badly the longer they built up to Sarah's Quincenera (and she looked amazing in that dress), but boy did Kyle screw up. At least Lana managed to salvage the night and Sarah's emotional stability.

Sam ropes Jon into training Jordan not knowing he's on X-K and has powers, which he then uses to renew the siblings' rivalry now that Jon's "leveled the playing field," even if it makes him come off as more of an aggressive jerk on a power trip. This can't end well, especially when Jordan just assumes Jon genuinely awakened his powers instead of getting them through drugs.

Well, too bad about Dr. Faulkner. The only "Rampage" we got was Bizarro going to town on her and her office.

Chrissy is the first person to use the word "Bizarro" but no one has actually called the genuine article that quite yet. Just the "Bizarre Superman."

Thank you for the handy subtitles to understand Bizarro's reverse speech! I was kind of hoping his translated dialogue in the Fortress would be like how he talks in the comics with "Me am not Bizarro" and such, but I guess this was simpler.

I have to admit a part of me wanted Bizarro!Chrissy to turn out to be a monkey with super powers, considering her last name is "Beppo." but that would probably be too random for this show.

Clark realizes that Bizarro is a reverse of himself, complete with reversed vision/breath powers, so by that logic X-Kryptonite, which does nothing to him, might function the same way Green Kryptonite does on Clark. At least that was my takeaway from the end of the fight in the barn.

"Adult things?" Jordan, you dog.

Well Kyle, at least the woman you had an affair with and who told her gal pal all about said affair so she could possibly leak the story to the mayor was genuinely in love with you! That's totally a silver lining in this entire mess. Not.

Now that Chrissy's made her point about objectivity, can we please just have her and Lois working together as a united front against Ally? Especially when it seems like she's the real villain here. Also, thanks for letting us know about your history with drugs, Chrissy. Very informative.

It's kind of funny that Anderson's been pushing for a more militarized Superman when it turns out Bizarro is a "soldier" as a reverse of how normal Supes is.

So Ally being in control of Bizarro World is one thing, but...like, how is she going to use that to take over the normal world? Like throw everybody into Bizarro World? Summon a Bizarro Army at her command?

Mighty Member

Did Bizarro somehow use the necklace he had on to get to our world? Ally has a necklace like that as well, so now there’s two on earth that we know of.

Also, the fact that Lana knew OF the woman at the bar immediately makes me think she at LEAST had suspicions about her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Did Bizarro somehow use the necklace he had on to get to our world? Ally has a necklace like that as well, so now there’s two on earth that we know of.

Also, the fact that Lana knew OF the woman at the bar immediately makes me think she at LEAST had suspicions about her husband.
    I think she knew Kyle was just going to a bar with a female bartender but just assumed Kyle was drinking and not...well, cheating.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Good lord,did jon kent do something with 2 minutes screentime that i barely see clark do?bobbing and weaving?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Good lord,did jon kent do something with 2 minutes screentime that i barely see clark do?bobbing and weaving?
    Yep, Clark's taking lessons from Rocky and just eating every single punch thrown his way. I guess since Jon up until recently has just been normal he knows how to fight normal instead of like a tank.

I liked Clark using Bizarro's reverse Kryptonite weakness to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Clark using Bizarro's reverse Kryptonite weakness to beat him.
    Good to see him using his head lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I've seen a few people online point out that Jon with X-K has seemingly more powers than other people who are dosing on it who only seem to get one Kryptonian power. Probably because of his genes?

Not only is jon dressing like Conner (way to punk, but still him), but now he is using a drug to get full kryptonian powers(and yes he has more than anyone is suposoed to get on it), and getting SUPER aggressive just like Conner on the Young Justice, season 1 with the shields,.

Jon is Conner in so many ways its crazy that they made him a 2nd son, and not Conner himself

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yep, Clark's taking lessons from Rocky and just eating every single punch thrown his way. I guess since Jon up until recently has just been normal he knows how to fight normal instead of like a tank.
    How come nobody has made a villain break his hands hitting the guy? that would be perfect.

Good episode. The Bizzaro fight was awesome. Besides the kryptonite and eye/mouth reversal, noticed that Superman had the edge when they were pummeling each other, but Bizzaro when they were shooting lasers or frost at each other. While Bizzaro being another twisted version of Clark, instead of a slow witted monster from the comics, i am interested where they are going with this. Seems Ally is the big bad. Was that family member in the begining her brother from the comics? Makes sense that Clark's opposite is a soilder given how our Clark has no interest in following orders.
    Things aren't going to end well for Kyle or Jon. Can think of plenty of other reasons besides powers for Clark to kick his son off the team, drugs, cheating. Not cool Jon. Still not a fan of the Lang/Cushing/Cortez subplot given how disconnected it seems to be but Lana swallowing her anger to try to salvage Sara's big day was a nice moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Not only is jon dressing like Conner (way to punk, but still him), but now he is using a drug to get full kryptonian powers(and yes he has more than anyone is suposoed to get on it), and getting SUPER aggressive just like Conner on the Young Justice, season 1 with the shields,.

Jon is Conner in so many ways its crazy that they made him a 2nd son, and not Conner himself
    in hindsight, after seeing those set photos it would have kinda made more sense if they named the show's Jon-Conner (terminator reference not intended) and Jordan-Jon. But i'm still impressed they're adapting the 90s Superboy look.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-23-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Clark not jordan have any right to complain.They lost that right the minute they allowed jordan to play football with normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Clark not jordan have any right to complain.They lost that right the minute they allowed jordan to play football with normal people.
    to be fair, Clark was always against that. And had his finger on the 'ban Jordan from football' button the entire time. And did when things went wrong. Clark only begrundgingly went along with it because Jon was worried about Jordan's mental health. It was always a bad idea but Clark was more or less in control of the situation. But even then at least Jordan was using his own natural abilities not performance enhancing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    to be fair, Clark was always against that. And had his finger on the 'ban Jordan from football' button the entire time. And did when things went wrong. Clark only begrundgingly went along with it because Jon was worried about Jordan's mental health. It was always a bad idea but Clark was more or less in control of the situation. But even then at least Jordan was using his own natural abilities not performance enhancing drugs.
    Yeah! that's fine and all.None cared about jon.How the move affected him.How competition affected him (whom by the way were cheating)?Clark was too busy with jordan.

Why do we have competition?to know how we stack up at particular skill and to improve at that skill by relentless effort and push.Jordan ain't improving in squat by playing football with normal people.They have weight classes for a reason.You won't have heavyweight masking himself as lightweight.That's instant disqualification.