Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

So what do we think of Tyler's new costume for Season 2 of SAL:

On a grading scale of A/B/C/D/F?

Personally, I do think it's an overall slight improvement.

The S-shield looks a LOT better with the brighter red and the more golden yellow.

The boots got their iconic v-rims.

I don't care for the ... "muscles" drawn onto the blue parts, tho. Hopefully they don't show up too much on TV screens.

Based on this photo, I'd give the SAL S2 Super-suit a B-.

I give it a B. It’s solid overall, I just wish the s-shield was bigger.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I still just like the general suit design .

Make the S-shield bigger. Always hated how small it looked in Superman Returns.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm just glad they finally gave him real boots!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah hopefully the drawn on muscles look better on the actual show. Otherwise, we're reliving the ongoing joke from "Meet the Spartans" about the embellished abs in 300, heh.

m0bbkJV.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Guess Batman is dead in the CWVerse judging by the pitch for the upcoming Gotham Knights show. Works for me, now maybe people will shut up about wanting Batman to appear in this. Keep Supes far away from the train wreck that Batwoman is and GK will likely be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thoughts on the #SupermanAndLois Season 2 trailer:

1. "Things haven't been OK for months".

Can't yet tell if this means there is a time jump from Season 1's finale to Season 2's premiere or if that line comes up later in the season.

2. "Please talk to me about what's bothering you ... is it the Natalie thing?"

Judging by Lois' response, it definitely SEEMS like it's the Natalie thing, or at least a big part of it is. Really intrigued to see how Lois reacts to suddenly having an alternate-universe teenage "daughter" in her world. How can that revelation not mess you up?

3. John Henry Irons' suit of armor looking really beaten the hell up ... especially in the central chest area.

Wait, are we getting Steel's hexagonal S from the comics (and maybe a new helmet that still shows his face)? Really hope so.

4. "Oh, you mean the kind (of unwanted attention) you get into flying around the world with Superman?"

This implies that not only Clark and John Henry have remained friendly (maybe even buddies now?) since S1 ended, but they're routinely teaming up on superhero missions. 1990s Me is very happy if this is true.

5. Natalie "Nat" Irons is going to be a series regular on SAL just like her dad John Henry Irons.

There is a Nat Irons in the comix that this version has a connection with ... but in the comix, Nat was John Henry's niece, not his daughter, and definitely NOT his daughter with Lois Lane.

6. Real curious to see how this blended Kent/Lane/Irons family is going to work.

Nat's gotta be weirded out to be see what looks like her murderered mom not only alive again but also married to what looks like the man who murdered her. Awkward. And that's before you factor in Nat meeting her new half-brothers. Speaking of which ...

7. "Let me go with you, just to watch your back".

Jordan saying this to Clark implies his new powers from S1 have grown to the point in S2 where he's actively wanting to usefully tag along on missions. Are we getting Superboy this season?

8. That shot of Clark hovering in the storm over the ocean looking for the naval submarine looked visually inspired by BVS.

Glad to see that the SFX here look like they've kept up in S2 and are still not the typical chintzy CW level.

9. That's such a great exchange between Clark and the officer regarding Clark's allegiance.

Glad this show is directly addressing the "government stooge" critique.

And I guess the actor playing the officer is a former castmate of Tyler Hoechlin's from the Teen Wolf show?

10. Looks like something is negatively affecting Clark's powers in some way.

This is such a common trope for Superman stories that I really hope they find a fresh angle on it for the show.

Bottom Line: Hyped! Can't wait for Tuesday, January 11th, 2022!

Trailer Grade: 9/10.

Photos of the season 2 premier.

Does the military have X-Kryptonite powered soldiers now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess Batman is dead in the CWVerse judging by the pitch for the upcoming Gotham Knights show. Works for me, now maybe people will shut up about wanting Batman to appear in this. Keep Supes far away from the train wreck that Batwoman is and GK will likely be.
    I don't think that's set in the Arrowverse. It would conflict too much with Batwoman.

(You want a real train wreck, watch Titans).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Photos of the season 2 premier.

Does the military have X-Kryptonite powered soldiers now?

I don't think that's set in the Arrowverse. It would conflict too much with Batwoman.

(You want a real train wreck, watch Titans).
    Oh I do and maybe it’s just my low opinion of the Titans franchise in general but I don’t see it as being any worse than the Titans comics. Military weaponizing X-Kryptonite makes all the sense in the world, who wouldn’t want super soldiers with Superman tier powers?

Oh I do and maybe it’s just my low opinion of the Titans franchise in general but I don’t see it as being any worse than the Titans comics.
    Wow. I know the Titans have had it rough comic-wise, but still...
    Military weaponizing X-Kryptonite makes all the sense in the world, who wouldn’t want super soldiers with Superman tier powers?
    And I'm sure it will be perfectly hunky-dory .

First official look at Lucy. Wonder if she’s still military post-Crisis?

First official look at Lucy. Wonder if she’s still military post-Crisis?

I think this is the first time Lois and Lucy have been on-screen together since Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is the first time Lois and Lucy have been on-screen together since Smallville.
    Think so.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's the Superman roller derby team!
    Assassinate Putin!