Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

It occurs to me this is the third CW DC show with an addiction storyline. We had Arrow with Laurel and to an extent Thea, we had Black Lightning with Lynn and now we have Jonathan here.

And yet we still haven't had an adaptation of Roy Harper's drug addiction arc from the comics. Though depending on who you ask, that might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! that's fine and all.None cared about jon.How the move affected him.How competition affected him (whom by the way were cheating)?Clark was too busy with jordan.

Why do we have competition?to know how we stack up at particular skill and to improve at that skill by relentless effort and push.Jordan ain't improving in squat by playing football with normal people.They have weight classes for a reason.You won't have heavyweight masking himself as lightweight.That's instant disqualification.
    I prefer they don't do sports with their powers...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I prefer they don't do sports with their powers...
    On the contrary, competition is cool.Superboy should race kid flash or something.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

On the contrary, competition is cool.Superboy should race kid flash or something.
    Probably racing Bart is more likely.

Probably racing Bart is more likely.

Leave that to Jon, he is so much like Conner thst he will do what Conner has done, race Bart.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Good lord,did jon kent do something with 2 minutes screentime that i barely see clark do?bobbing and weaving?
    I think this is an issue with most Superman media in general. That said, there is a subset of fans who need to see everything hit Clark to show his strength and durability. However...sometimes, even if it won't kill you its foolish to just take every hit thrown your way.

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois s2e5 "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon". Spoilers follow ...

1. After 3 weeks absence, SAL is back! This most recent CW interruption really makes me hope this show does make the jump to HBOmax full-time in the near-future. These in-season breaks are such momentum-killers for this show.

2. So the Cushings used to be named the Cortezes. Explains the quincinera for Sarah ... although I thought her and the Kent bros were all now high school sophomores about to turn 16? Maybe she skipped a grade. I really don't like for how much screen time the Langs ate at the expense of better characters in this episode.

3. I honestly don't know who Ally Alston is supposed to be anymore. The comix version was Parasite, but aside from the purple color of that gemstone heirloom, nothing on this show so far suggests her to be that villain. Could she be someone else or maybe a merge of multiple characters? Stumped I am here, but she seems legitimately sinister and not misguided.

4. This Live-Action Bizarro IV (following the ones on the SUPERBOY, LOIS & CLARK, and SMALLVILLE shows) continues to be the best version yet of the character outside the comix. He's the unhinged monster, the sympathetic creature, and the intelligent mirror of Kal, all in one. These fights are awesome.

Plus, watching his Freeze Vision and Fire Breath on screen never gets old.

5. Pour one out for Dr. Faulkner. Brutally murdered by Bizarro via neck-snap, I was really hoping we'd get to see Rampage (essentially DC's closest comp to She-Hulk) in action.

6. It sounds from Chrissy's drug-induced trip that Ally Alston somehow conquered the Mirror dimension, aka Bizzaroworld. Also sounds like this rest of this season may read a little like the horror movie "Us".

7. Poor Jonathan. He's been back-burnered on this show for its entire run while Jordan got all the more interesting storylines. So it was only a matter of time before the show made him break a little bad. Wonder if that was just the effects on the XK drug use or if he really did wake up his latent Kryptonian powers.

8. Jordan and Jonathan literally and verbally sparring was also inevitable. These two have been shown to have an incredibly supportive relationship but this rift was coming a mile away.

Jordan got to meet both his Kryptonian holo-gramps and holo-gramms, I don't think Jonathan even visited the Fortress of Solitude. Jonathan was the golden boy while Jordan was the malcontent for so many years before and now it's flipped to where Jordan is going great and Jonathan is an afterthought at best.

9. Glad Supes checked in on Tag, but his already-strained relationship with the military doesn't seem likely to recover. Good, I don't want Superman too friendly with the government.

And is John Henry still unconscious at the hospital? Where was Nat?

10. I don't think I've seen adult Kal work with any version of his mother Lara since SUPERMAN II. Nice change-up from the Jor-El A.I. from SMALLVILLE.

Bottom line: Lots of good stuff mixed with drama I cared nothing for, plus absences from John Henry and Nat, while Lois didn't do much. I hope we get a trip to Bizarroworld soon. That'd be a BIG swing for this show.

Grade: 7 / 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I think this is an issue with most Superman media in general. That said, there is a subset of fans who need to see everything hit Clark to show his strength and durability. However...sometimes, even if it won't kill you its foolish to just take every hit thrown your way.
    I think part of it might have been Superman and Bizarro trying to out-endure each other, especially since apparently being in proximity to each other makes them stronger.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think part of it might have been Superman and Bizarro trying to out-endure each other, especially since apparently being in proximity to each other makes them stronger.
    It's not just that fight..Superman in general has swings heavy and fights like he has two left feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I am fine with hard headed protagonist..Clark just doesn't endure when it actually matters.Like kryptonite fist or something.Clark doesn't go "i can do this all day" .He gets down easily.If clark pulls a rocky, that's also fine by me.i loved superman basically taking a beating in up in the sky.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It's not just that fight..Superman in general has swings heavy and fights like he has two left feet.
    I guess usually because he wants to end it with one swing.

Fantastic Member

I am fine with hard headed protagonist..Clark just doesn't endure when it actually matters.Like kryptonite fist or something.Clark doesn't go "i can do this all day" .He gets down easily.If clark pulls a rocky, that's also fine by me.i loved superman basically taking a beating in up in the sky.
    It was good to see Superman hold his own!! All he's been doing is playing the punching bag for everyone he fights!!! I thought Henry was the real hero the first season. He was the one saving the day and Superman. Everyone superman faced in battle kicked his butt. So far superman has been shown to be super strong, but he can't fight. He's been nothing but a punching bag.
    Last edited by lotchj; 02-25-2022 at 04:26 PM.

So we get to see Bizarro World which is this weird, kind of eerie, red-tinted world with the Kent Farm having seen better days and some huge cat (Bizarro!Streaky?) and Bizarro being the only ones left. And apparently Bizarro went on a rampage to find Ally, who seemed to be in charge of that world's SoA with Bizarro!Lana as a member as he grabbed the necklace so he could stop her plan, which seems to be fusing Ally and her Bizzaro World self to achieve godhood, which is why Superman gets more powerful any time he and Bizarro tussled.

Was Bizarro some kind of resistance fighter against Ally and her regime? Is that why he wasn't popular?

Gotta admire Sam Lane doing his best to try and fix the relationship between his daughters. It's very transparent, but his heart is in the right place.

Wow, a military official actually calling out Anderson for how badly he's handling Superman! I was genuinely surprised.

Poor Cortez's having to deal with Kyle being kicked out of the house, basically. Lana's barely holding it together.

I know the woman was in grief, but that slap was unjustified. Maybe Superman could've done a better job defending Anderson, but it's hard to be fully transparent with a guy like Anderson.

It's sad seeing Jordan trying to give Jon advice on controlling his powers and what to expect knowing for Jon it's partially fake. Not to say he couldn't gain super-hearing or Freeze Breath at this point, but still. It is an interesting parallel where Jon, having powers, now feels on top of the world and like he's finally found his place when that's exactly where Jordan was at in early season 1.

It feels like it's been a while since we've gotten a grand Superman save feat, so that was nice.

"Superman just saved a Russian village." "I obviously can't trust Superman because he just bailed on me to save a bunch of non-American people!" - Lt. Anderson everybody. Although it was really surreal seeing Superman in Russia in light of recent news.

It was nice to see aunt Lucy bonding with her nephews over football and semi-reconciling with her sister up until, of course, Ally came up. Lucy is too stuck in her head to recognize how drugging someone against their will is a bad thing no matter the reason.

It's funny seeing Clark giving marital advice to Lana knowing that her and Kyle becoming a thing partially drove him to become Superman in Metropolis and meet Lois. It's unfathomable to imagine Lois ever cheating on Clark, but I guess, like with anything, Clark tries to be as reasonable as possible about a (very) theoretical situation and give advice to his oldest friend.

Jeez Kyle, 6 months and you took her to your house once? And he only broke it up after Sarah's accident, which while commendable, means he didn't do it for Lana despite how much he professes he loves her. And now Lana just isn't sure how she feels about him anymore. You made your bed Kyle, and now it's outside your own home.

I have to admit it always surprises me when the boys' powers don't act up during a game and cause an incident, but I guess that would be too big for the Kents to keep quiet.

Well, those soldiers can say they tussled with Superman even if it was only because of Red Sunlight. And they still got clobbered.

I think Jon is going to learn why dating your dealer is a bad idea especially when the police are starting to investigate the X-K. Also I guess fighting with his brother totally put him off the mood for some "alone time" in her car...

I hope this marks the point of no return where Clark stops working with the DoD for good. Can’t see how he could ever trust them again after this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I like Clark beating the crap out of the soldiers even after he was depowered. He is a seasoned warrior, with or without powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope this marks the point of no return where Clark stops working with the DoD for good. Can’t see how he could ever trust them again after this.
    I don't think he'll ever trust Anderson again. And why would he?