Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Military stealing Superman's symbol...which is also a Kryptonian symbol.

Isn't this technically cultural appropriation? They're not Kryptonian's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Military stealing Superman's symbol...which is also a Kryptonian symbol.

Isn't this technically cultural appropriation? They're not Kryptonian's.
    I’m sure Clark is going to be pissed but I don’t know what he could do to stop them from using it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Since S2 will be both taking a well-deserved break from rogue Kryptonians and delaying introducing their Lex Luthor till at least S3, what villains do you think get besides the military?

What existing Superman villains can make their SAL debut this season?

Personally, I hope SAL is allowed to do their own unique versions of Superman's rogues gallery, even if it means recasting and ignoring everything about the finished Supergirl show (as it has done since S1).

Looks like a villainous take on the “Supermen of America” team from the 90s. Given the love this show has for 90s era DC, we’ve speculated Conduit might show up since he has an organic reason to be in Smallville. Otherwise no clue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

military with the powers of Superman?
    This season I hope he maintains the level (the most difficult thing in a series is to stay) and hopefully a Superman a little bit super and less punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    military with the powers of Superman?
    This season I hope he maintains the level (the most difficult thing in a series is to stay) and hopefully a Superman a little bit super and less punching bag.
    I hope Clark doesn't need Steel constantly bailing him out of jams. I like them as partners but I want Superman to still feel effective.

BANNED

I hope Clark doesn't need Steel constantly bailing him out of jams. I like them as partners but I want Superman to still feel effective.
    What bothers me the most about Superman being a punching bag, is not the beating he takes, but the fact that an opportunity to prove that Superman is more than muscle is wasted (although now it seems that not even that) could prove Superman's ability or intelligence.

I see this show potentially lasting 4 years (the extent of the boys' high school careers).

If that timeline holds I can see ...

S1: evil Kryptonians as big bad
    S2: military villains (?) as big bad
    S3: Lex Luthor as big bad
    S4: Brainiac as big bad

Now, which Superman villains could fall into the military category? Metallo is one, but who else? Parasite?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I see this show potentially lasting 4 years (the extent of the boys' high school careers).

Now, which Superman villains could fall into the military category? Metallo is one, but who else? Parasite?
    I wonder if the military is the Superman threat of the season, but I think they'll be more antagonistic, and Superman fighting soldiers with his powers would be too derivative of the prior season.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Unfortunately they’ve said they want to stay away from villains Supergirl used which annoys the hell out of me because she stole all the good ones. Brainiac however was the biggest one not used by Supergirl and I’m hoping to see him show up here.
    I wonder if the military is the Superman threat of the season, but I think they'll be more antagonistic, and Superman fighting soldiers with his powers would be too derivative of the prior season.
    Yeah I’m a little worried we’ll get a copy of last season where everyone had Kryptonian powers.

New villain is Weather Wizard ?

New villain is Weather Wizard ?
    funny, though then again, I remember something about Jon's girlfriend's Dad might be a Flash villain
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-22-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    funny, though then again, I remember something about Jon's girlfriend's Dad might be a Flash villain
    Maybe Mardon had two daughters...