Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yeah I don’t love the Connor outfit, seeing in in live action has cemented that for me.

But I see a way for our Jon to get powers now, bizzaro Jon is too far gone, since they let him murder already.
    It’s definitely gonna take Jon Jordan Clark and Tal to defeat Ally.
    The two Jons merge and main Jon is the dominate personality and he conveniently inherits Bizzaro Jon's abilities.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

But Jon-El's abilities are powered by the red sun. I don't see how that's a positive.

This week’s episode was the most popular since the third episode of S2.

God I wish we didn’t have so many damn breaks between episodes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    But Jon-El's abilities are powered by the red sun. I don't see how that's a positive.
    He becomes a back up for his brother/father. Traditional weaknesses don't work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This week’s episode was the most popular since the third episode of S2.

God I wish we didn’t have so many damn breaks between episodes.
    Everyone wanted to see the show back and Bizzaro!World .

Latest episode got me nostalgic for the 2000s emo scene. Ah those were the days . Anyway I liked the episode overall, really got a kick out of seeing an actual cubed Earth and Sun, but I especially enjoyed Hoechlin’s portrayal of “Kal’s” breakdown as his family disintegrated, I hope Superman was able to recognize that he and Kal both have both screwed up with Jon. Wondering how they’re going to handle Bizarro Jon’s impending merge with regular Jon. I can see regular Jon being tempted with the idea of getting powers, but I hope they explain how the merging works exactly. Way it looked back on Bizarro Earth, the Bizarros get to be in charge of the new body that’s formed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The thing is, conceptually, the two Jon's merging and becoming one is the sort of narrative catharsis that the final would need to wrap up the main idea of this whole season: accepting yourself and all your imperfections.

Nearly every character this season has been dealing with the idea of accepting that they've done wrong in the past and finding a way to come to terms with that idea and becoming a better and more complete version of themselves with that knowledge. That's the overt thesis of this season. This whole wildly ill-defined merging idea is presented as an "easy way out". The idea is that by merging with your other half you'll skip all the time and effort it would take to become a better you because you'd just take the best aspects of each half and created a perfect whole.

But that's not likely what Ally or anyone who merges will become because both parts aren't so wildly different at a baseline. They just made different choices. The personification of this folly will likely be Ally becoming one and still just being her but with power (for some reason???).

So with that in mind, if Jon-El were to merge with our Jon in an effort to feel whole and absolve his sins, he'd likely be shocked to learn that his counter part has been dealing with much the same issues he has. From the neglect from his father to the trying to find himself.

I think it would actually be a fitting and cathartic end to the season if Jon-El and Jon merge successfully, feel the pain that both have gone through, and have to find the strength of will and inherent goodness to be the one to beat Ally.

I mean, it makes sense, right? They've hyped up Ally's power being unstoppable for the whole season, so then why would even the combined might of Clark, Tal, John-Henry, and Jordan be enough to stop her? Wouldn't it stand to reason that to beat an all powerful merged being you'd need another all power merged being?

Then after the final fight Jon-El's personality sacrifices itself to destroy the necklace. This also takes Jon's powers away with it, but leaves the door open for them to come back. But the point will have been to bring both Jon's character and the main thesis of the season to a satisfying end by personifying it within one of our lead characters.

It's also a very, very clear callback to Superman Reborn where Pre-52 Superman and New-52 Superman merge into one. Also there's clearly some Boyzarro influence there too. These guys really liked Rebirth.

Chances are that's not going to happen and Clark, Tal, John-henry, and Jordan will just give her a big ol group punch that's peppered on with a bunch of not-science and maybe a "fly around it real fast and swear PYSICS are at work" and she'd fall down. Then we'll get a tease for Halk Kar, the Superman of dimension Q, for next seasons big bad, God help us.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-28-2022 at 06:23 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

It's been at the back of my mind that the merge will actually turn Ally into Parasite, an uncalculated result of the merge. We already saw both Allys "draw" energy from Clark during the merge. And someone, I can't remember from which site, pointed out that the two pendants separately were blue and red, and I saw a pic of Jordan Elsass with the conjoined piece and it looked purple. Maybe I'm reading too much into this because of the comics but this has to be leading to something big because in terms of a big bad, this season hasn't hit the sweet spot between cult leader Ally/Anderson/Bizarro. I mean even Lois called Ally a parasite at the beginning of the season and it has to lead somewhere. If that's the case I don't see Jon merging, at least not permanently, if my assumption is correct.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-28-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Latest episode got me nostalgic for the 2000s emo scene. Ah those were the days . Anyway I liked the episode overall, really got a kick out of seeing an actual cubed Earth and Sun, but I especially enjoyed Hoechlin’s portrayal of “Kal’s” breakdown as his family disintegrated, I hope Superman was able to recognize that he and Kal both have both screwed up with Jon. Wondering how they’re going to handle Bizarro Jon’s impending merge with regular Jon. I can see regular Jon being tempted with the idea of getting powers, but I hope they explain how the merging works exactly. Way it looked back on Bizarro Earth, the Bizarros get to be in charge of the new body that’s formed.
    I think Clark definitely realized he left things badly with Jon when he saw how much Bizzaro!Jon resented his father.

I don't think the merging works anywhere near as gracefully as the Ally's describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It's been at the back of my mind that the merge will actually turn Ally into Parasite, an uncalculated result of the merge. We already saw both Allys "draw" energy from Clark during the merge. And someone, I can't remember from which site, pointed out that the two pendants separately were blue and red, and I saw a pic of Jordan Elsass with the conjoined piece and it looked purple. Maybe I'm reading too much into this because of the comics but this has to be leading to something big because in terms of a big bad, this season hasn't hit the sweet spot between cult leader Ally/Anderson/Bizarro. I mean even Lois called Ally a parasite at the beginning of the season and it has to lead somewhere. If that's the case I don't see Jon merging, at least not permanently, if my assumption is correct.
    But you're assuming the merging has the same effect on everyone. My guess is that, as my theory states, it doesn't burn away the worst parts of you to leave something good, but rather it amplifies, multiplies, and magnifies all of the aspects of you. So Ally is a metaphorical parasite on both world? Now she's a literal parasite.

A merged Jon wouldn't also be a parasite, but that may leave him with the power to go toe to toe with one.

Also the fact that you bring up that one pendent is blue and the other is red seems to point at a "Superman red and blue" situation. But since Bizarro is dead, and no other Bizarro other than Jon came over, it would stand to reason that the "Superman red and blue" would be "Superboy red and blue". Again, that's an overt nod to Rebirth.

Presently, I don't think it'll be a long term thing if they do merge, but I do think it would make the most narrative sense for both Jon's arc and the thesis of the season if they do and he's the thing that tips the scales for the win.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think they'll definitely have Jon consider it and weighing the pros and cons of whether they should let the merge happen beyond stopping Bizzaro!Jon from having his way and helping Ally since they don't really know what happens when two beings merge. The Ally's were effectively of one mind, seemingly, so it wouldn't matter as much when they fused beyond the power upgrade but it would probably be different for others.

I kinda want Lana to have a non parasite merge with her Bizzaro. Might actually be the thing to make her actually interesting. Then pair her up with our Tal-Rho.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I kinda want Lana to have a non parasite merge with her Bizzaro. Might actually be the thing to make her actually interesting. Then pair her up with our Tal-Rho.
    It seems like Clark is trying to talk to her but she's frustrated so I wonder what new Lana drama we have to deal with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they'll definitely have Jon consider it and weighing the pros and cons of whether they should let the merge happen beyond stopping Bizzaro!Jon from having his way and helping Ally since they don't really know what happens when two beings merge. The Ally's were effectively of one mind, seemingly, so it wouldn't matter as much when they fused beyond the power upgrade but it would probably be different for others.
    I'd say that there's deliberate (well one would hope. But who knows with this show) room for the Jon-El and Jon merger not to be an inherently bad thing. Jon-El isn't a bad person. The show goes out of its way to show that. But he's made mistakes that are haunting him, and he's dealing with a lifetime of neglect. Even when he kills Anderson he stops for a moment to really feel the weight of what he's done.

It feels like the point of this climax should be owning up to who you were and trying to be better. So that would entail both Jon using their powers responsibly since when both got powers they both strayed from the light in their own ways. Jon-El by following Ally, and our Jon by using his powers to win at football.

I feel like Jon will be the one to talk Jon-El down, they'll hold him captive for a while, take the necklace, and then in the final hour the lesson of "no one is beyond saving" will come about, and they'll merge temporarily to give the others a fighting chance against Ally.

Mighty Member

Speaking of Tal-Rho, I was thinking all throughout this parallel version of him "you took over the planet in another parallel world". I would LOVE to see Bizarro John Henry Irons...as we know ours is dead and the one that exists comes from another earth to see what differences come there.

I will say that I do feel like Jon will get some retribution in this arc... It's funny as while Clark became kind of neglectful when Jordan got powers (Clark still secondary coaches Jon's team even though Jordan left), Bizarro Kal-El was neglectful to both. It's also interesting that Jon-El was pretty efficient with his powers right away, where Jordan had a lot of coaching to use his...