Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

GREGORY SMITH (“EVERWOOD”) DIRECTS THE SEASON TWO PREMIERE – Season two opens with the dust still settling in Smallville following the shocking outcome of the confrontation between Tal-Rho (Adam Rayner, “Tyrant”) and Superman (Tyler Hoechlin). Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Clark struggle as a couple while Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) adjusts to running The Smallville Gazette with Lois. Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) faces new challenges on the football field, and secrets threaten to destroy Jordan (Alex Garfin) and Sarah’s (Inde Navarrette) growing relationship. Meanwhile, Kyle (Erik Valdez) grows concerned over Lana's (Emmanuelle Chriqui) involvement with a new mayoral candidate. Lastly, John Henry Irons (Wole Parks) and his daughter Natalie (Tayler Buck) attempt to make this new Earth their home. The episode was directed by Gregory Smith and written by Brent Fletcher & Todd Helbing (#201). Original airdate 1/11/2022.
    https://supermanandloistv.com/what-l...neath-synopsis
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

A lot of drama for every couple, right?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    A lot of drama for every couple, right?
    Well, it IS a CW show....
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

So I wonder ...

When it comes to SAL using Superman characters that the CW Supergirl show already used ...

Will they bring back or recast?

They recast the actor for General Sam Lane.

They are bringing back the actress for Lucy Lane.

What about Jimmy Olsen?

Cat Grant?

Lex Luthor?

Could go either way with all three.

They could go the entire show without acknowledging Kara.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So I wonder ...

When it comes to SAL using Superman characters that the CW Supergirl show already used ...

What about Jimmy Olsen?

Cat Grant?

Lex Luthor?

I hate to say this, but I think they are going to just kind of move on from most of the Supergirl cast. Lucy is expected to show up in season 2 and maybe Lex will show up sometime down the line, but I think for the most part, they are just going to not mention or show the rest of the cast. There is something of an argument the end of Supergirl kind of put Clark and his family in a dangerous position. And while the ending worked for Supergirl, it doesn't really work in a world where Superman has a family to worry about. Someone on the TV thread kind of suggested that Supergirl takes place in a different timeline from S&L due to the discrepancies between the two shows (the fortress and the like). They didn't even have Clark and family show up for the wedding.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I hate to say this, but I think they are going to just kind of move on from most of the Supergirl cast. Lucy is expected to show up in season 2 and maybe Lex will show up sometime down the line, but I think for the most part, they are just going to not mention or show the rest of the cast. There is something of an argument the end of Supergirl kind of put Clark and his family in a dangerous position. And while the ending worked for Supergirl, it doesn't really work in a world where Superman has a family to worry about. Someone on the TV thread kind of suggested that Supergirl takes place in a different timeline from S&L due to the discrepancies between the two shows (the fortress and the like). They didn't even have Clark and family show up for the wedding.
    I don't think they even mentioned Clark at all in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So I wonder ...

What about Jimmy Olsen?

Cat Grant?

Lex Luthor?

Jimmy I don’t think will show up at all. They didn’t have him appear in the flashbacks to Clark’s time at the Planet. Ditto for Cat.

I think they’ll use Cryer if they use Lex, but I don’t think Lex will be showing up anytime soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'd give Lex till season 3 or 4. I can't see a Superman show not using the actual Lex Luthor at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd give Lex till season 3 or 4. I can't see a Superman show not using the actual Lex Luthor at some point.
    I would save him for the final season and have him be the one to kill Hoechlin Superman via All-Starring him with a solar radiation overdose. He’ll probably show up before then however.

This is probably the most mellow Sam Lane we've had in years.

Astonishing Member

This is probably the most mellow Sam Lane we've had in years.
    He's become my favourite Sam Lane.

"The fans are going to know the path we are going down really quickly,” showrunner Todd Helbing tells GamesRadar+’s sister publication SFX Magazine in the new issue. “In a really good way, the Superman issue he has is driving the issues he has as a dad. This is a particular villain, that the more I talk about the more people are going to figure out who it is. But Superman is dealing with an enemy that is going to be a massive headache for him.

"There are multiple villains, really," he concludes. "Both villains affect Clark and Lois personally. We start out with one villain that is really more Superman, while setting up the Lois villain. They are not working together, but they hand off in a cool way this season. One of them comes to the forefront and, in a lot of ways, is more powerful than the other one. It will take the whole team, in a different way than last year, to stop this person."
    Also says Clark will be pulled back into reporting.

Yay, Clark reporting .

I wonder if the villain has mental powers or if it's a headache in another sense. Could it be magic?

Yay, Clark reporting .

I wonder if the villain has mental powers or if it's a headache in another sense. Could it be magic?
    Reading that did make me think “telepathy”. Could be Brainiac, Blanque, or Ultra-Humanite since all have had telepathic powers at one point or the other.