Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Anyone who took issue with that was an idiot. How can you read TDKR and not walk away seeing how Clark taking orders from the government was a bad call? Even Captain America, a character who you’d think would naturally obey his government without question, ends up opposing the American government as many times as he works for it/with it. If anything the big disappointment is that they still haven’t fully severed the ties between Supes and the DoD like I was hoping they would.

There is a big difference between Superman working WITH the military & him working for the military.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

If done right, this could be very interesting.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    If done right, this could be very interesting.
    Lots of potential here.

I for one would be fine if Arrow/Oliver would be the official Batman replacement in a Worlds Finest type duo on the Superverse Earth. He was already the defacto Batman replacement on the Arrowverse earth anyway so they could just lean into it here. It also would be a clever way to eventually do an Arrow relaunch limited Series that could pick and choose what they wanted to keep continuity wise from the previous Arrow series because it's clear that regarding Oliver some things are the same and some are different.

Although...didn't SuperEarth Diggle allude to Oliver's death and CRISIS last season on Superman and Lois?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Lots of potential here.

I for one would be fine if Arrow/Oliver would be the official Batman replacement in a Worlds Finest type duo on the Superverse Earth. He was already the defacto Batman replacement on the Arrowverse earth anyway so they could just lean into it here. It also would be a clever way to eventually do an Arrow relaunch limited Series that could pick and choose what they wanted to keep continuity wise from the previous Arrow series because it's clear that regarding Oliver some things are the same and some are different.

Although...didn't SuperEarth Diggle allude to Oliver's death and CRISIS last season on Superman and Lois?
    Did they explicitly say he died? Could always handwave it away as “he’s in hiding/retired”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Apparently the reason S2 had so many hiatuses is because Hoechlin was filming the Teen Wolf movie lol. Hopefully that means S3 will have less gaps between airings.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Apparently the reason S2 had so many hiatuses is because Hoechlin was filming the Teen Wolf movie lol. Hopefully that means S3 will have less gaps between airings.
    At least we finally have an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least we finally have an explanation.
    S3 also starts filming in Sept, probably means another Jan/Feb release.

Implying it’s someone other than Bruno Manheim? Hmm. She says she wants more Reporter Lois content, and making it teams ups with Hoechlin, but it doesn’t confirm that’s what we’ll be getting. I hope she gets what she wants because I really loved that one “pre-marriage” episode they did.

Implying it’s someone other than Bruno Manheim? Hmm. She says she wants more Reporter Lois content, and making it teams ups with Hoechlin, but it doesn’t confirm that’s what we’ll be getting. I hope she gets what she wants because I really loved that one “pre-marriage” episode they did.
    I would think most people would assume at this point that there'd be another "twist" villain in season 3 and that they wouldn't be fighting Manheim for a full season.

I hope we get more season 1 Lois and less season 2 Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would think most people would assume at this point that there'd be another "twist" villain in season 3 and that they wouldn't be fighting Manheim for a full season.

I hope we get more season 1 Lois and less season 2 Lois.

Bruno Manheim could mean Darkseid will be in the 3rd season.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Bruno Manheim could mean Darkseid will be in the 3rd season.
    He’s the obvious choice but no way could they afford to do him justice on this show’s budget. Showrunner said they would make changes to fit within the limits of what they can accomplish with the money they have and I fully expect Intergang’s ties to a hypothetical Big Bad to be one of those changes. Brainiac is the likely replacement for Darkseid since he’s a character I think could be pulled off by the show given what we’ve seen this far. Especially if they brought in the Krypton actor.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

He’s the obvious choice but no way could they afford to do him justice on this show’s budget. Showrunner said they would make changes to fit within the limits of what they can accomplish with the money they have and I fully expect Intergang’s ties to a hypothetical Big Bad to be one of those changes. Brainiac is the likely replacement for Darkseid since he’s a character I think could be pulled off by the show given what we’ve seen this far. Especially if they brought in the Krypton actor.
    I mean, presumably they’ve still got that Brainiac suit. I don’t think they’d throw something like that away

I think that makes a lot of sense. It would be interesting, though, if they did use Darkseid, but we only see him in shadow - and especially if it turns out to be Desaad (a bit of a Bronze Age callback). We could see Desaad, the female furies, Granny Goodness, and maybe use enough regular actors with basic effects for long enough that they could actually afford to do one full episode with Darkseid at the very end. Or even if it's just Desaad the whole time, and Darkseid just shows up at the end to punish them and drag them back to Apokalips and tells Superman that Earth's time is coming, but not yet.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Looks like another 15 episode season