Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I've finally finished season two and it is such an improvement on season one*. I feel they found a much better balance between the superhero stuff and family drama.

I found Ally Allston an uncomfortable character, and not in a good way, as (I believe) it is based on Alison Mack, which is pretty tasteless. Even if it wasn't intentional, there are too many parallels to ignore and this should have been picked up and tweaked.

All the Bizarro stuff was ridiculous, fun nonsense, though.

Kudos for not killing off John Henry, Sam Lane or Tal-Rho. I almost can't believe two (non-lead) parental figures and a evil-brother-turned-good survived in a CW/DC show.

*I found season one relentlessly miserable and felt it made Superman look like a loser and a failure. Not really what I'm looking for in a Superman show.
    Last edited by exile001; 08-23-2022 at 04:42 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    .*I found season one relentlessly miserable and felt it made Superman look like a loser and a failure. Not really what I'm looking for in a Superman show.
    I don't think season 2 was that different in that respect because it feels like Clark was on the defensive and overpowered constantly in season 2 and the family drama and angst was turned up to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think season 2 was that different in that respect because it feels like Clark was on the defensive and overpowered constantly in season 2 and the family drama and angst was turned up to 11.
    Overpowered?
    Like has too much or too many powers? Or that he was overpowered by an opponent as in outclassed in power? The latter cannot be what it was

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Overpowered?
    Like has too much or too many powers? Or that he was overpowered by an opponent as in outclassed in power? The latter cannot be what it was
    I meant overpowered in the latter sense because they kept draining his power or overwhelming him with other Kryptonians. Or Ally was too powerful. Take your pick.

Guess this is the new Jon.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

He look old AF for 25.

Um...not sure how I feel?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Definitely gonna be weird with a diff actor...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

That's one helluva photo: eyes closed, looks like an old picture taken on a film camera and scanned at low res...

BANNED

He's just an old high school friend

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/superman...asting-rumors/

I can see how that mixup happened. Cut his hair shorter and he would look similar to Jordan Elsass.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I found Ally Allston an uncomfortable character, and not in a good way, as (I believe) it is based on Alison Mack, which is pretty tasteless. Even if it wasn't intentional, there are too many parallels to ignore and this should have been picked up and tweaked.
    Nothing to do with Mack. She's an adaptation of a character originally from a 2004 issue of Adventures of Superman, i.e. during Smallville's run and before we knew about Mack's connection to the cult.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alexandra...on_(New_Earth)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-27-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

One of the most positive aspects of SAL Season 2 was Wole Parks and his portrayal of John Henry Irons.

Light-years better at the role than Shaq (one of my most favorite basketballers and also one of my least favorite actors).

I don't think JHI has ever been called "Steel" onscreen yet, and I really hope Season 3 upgrades his already-nice suit. I'm thinking red jetpack and wings that simulate a cape, his trademark hexagonal S-shield chestplate, and ... I don't know how you replicate Steel's face-mask without going into silver facepaint, which is dicey at best.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    One of the most positive aspects of SAL Season 2 was Wole Parks and his portrayal of John Henry Irons.

Light-years better at the role than Shaq (one of my most favorite basketballers and also one of my least favorite actors).

I don't think JHI has ever been called "Steel" onscreen yet, and I really hope Season 3 upgrades his already-nice suit. I'm thinking red jetpack and wings that simulate a cape, his trademark hexagonal S-shield chestplate, and ... I don't know how you replicate Steel's face-mask without going into silver facepaint, which is dicey at best.
    I swear they either called him Steel once or it showed up in a news report.

Anyone else feel like with all the uncertainty going right now with both the show and Warner in general, that this upcoming season might be the final one of Superman And Lois?

I'm usually more of an optimist, but the following few factors have me questioning whether anything past the Season 3 finale will ever make it to filming:

1. The new Warner overlord Zaslav's apparent disdain for any expensive TV /streaming content ... and SAL ain't cheap.

2. The CW being sold off to NexStar, with HBOmax no longer being a potential safe landing spot for new episodes of SAL.

3. The lease on the Vancouver lot where the show is filmed is up after Season 3 concludes.

4. Jordan Elsass' (Jonathan Kent II) abrupt departure from the show just weeks before Season 3 filming begins (and the ensuing rush to quickly recast one of the 4 central actors in the show) is not going to be easy for the cast and crew.

If this Season 3 is truly going to be IT for Superman And Lois, then please let them go out in a Blaze of glory.

Bring me everything: all the Super-Rogues (Brainiac in particular), more Metropolis scenes, Clark back at the Daily Planet, Lois not just a mom and wife, John Henry actually referred to as Steel, Krypto, Evil Superman from the pilot meets his just end, etc.

I realize that they probably already finished the writing and worked out the budget for Season 3. So we're likely not getting any of the above. At the very least, I hope the Metropolis Intergang storyline brings us their take on Lex Luthor.

I’m assuming S3 will be the final season but a couple factors might keep it going:

-It’s CW funded which I assume means WB isn’t footing the bill entirely, Zaslav is ok with licensing stuff out if it means WB doesn’t have to pay as much for it directly while still reaping the rewards, that’s what he wants to do with the Batman cartoon after all
    -They don’t have a Superman movie ready to go and likely the earliest the next Superman movie will come out is 2025. S&L keeps a live action Superman going until the next film is ready, it keeps Supes in the spotlight
    -DC asked them to make S&L its own universe, don’t see why they’d bother asking for that if the show wouldn’t long outlast the rest of the Arrowverse
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/