Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
Not to mention that a lot of social media (which I suspect reaches more people than traditional media) is dominated by conservative/hard-right nonsense. The conservative machine has been very quick to embrace and utilize social media and has practically legitimized disinformation. Some of the stuff I read is so stupid that I wonder how anyone can believe it but it is what it is.

Traditional media houses (outside of the conservative ones) still try to "two sides" issues which completely muddies the water. As you rightly pointed out, a lot of left-leaning outlets have been very critical of Biden and Democrats even after major successes. This doesn't help anyone and is pretty much bullcrap. Especially when some conservative media is taking a sharp right turn and now willingly put out lies and idiocy just to prop up their base.

It even becomes more complicated when you realize that only a few companies control majority of media. Throw in the social media companies and their greed and everything gets very messy.

But ultimately, it falls on the political entities/parties/ whatever to take charge and utilize the channels in front of them. Trump for example used social media very effectively and celebrated every win and every dumb thing he did, there's no reason for the opposition to not do the same. The Democrats need to get out in front of their message and counter disinformation...and they need to be unified. Seriously, guys like Boebert can get away with the sh!t see says about Ilhan Omar because her own party has vilified her for a while now.
That is my issue with the Dems right now. The GOP has done an amazing job or using the media to their advantage. Meanwhile Pelosi and Schmuer send 2 tweets that say "Shame on this person" And "We are working on the BBB" and they claim they are running an effective social media campaign. They do not just flat out say what needs to be said.

I didnt see any out rage of Boebert from the Dems. Where was Pelosi saying "She said that because she is racist and the crowed laughed because they are racist. And why doesnt the GOP stop her? because 9 out of ten of them think just like her."

Too busy taking the high road and not working the media to their advantage. And on November 9th 2022 I want a reporter to ask how that worked out for her party.