I feel like the news media is a big part of the public being ignorant about things. And frankly speaking, I think it's mostly intentional. I agree with Dana Milbank when he said...

“I don’t think anything in our training or experience as journalists prepared us for a moment in which one of the two major political parties is no longer cooperating with the democratic process."

I feel like before the Republicans became whatever they are now it was easy for the news media to just sell political horse races and "both side-isms". But now that Republicans went full blown fascists the news media is kinda forced to be real journalists now. But even still I see them kinda weaseling out of doing that.

For instance, Punchbowl News be like “I don’t think it’s incumbent on us to say, a person is a liar" If you are planning on reporting FACTS, that is indeed your job, it's probably your MAIN job ffs . If you wish to explain motivations for lying, well that's branching into opinion is it not? I mean the mental gymnastics of that statement.

I feel like people don't criticize the news media enough for the type of inviroment we're in. They're so concerned about looking partisan they forget to do their jobs.