Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't Bayonetta a bit... contentious among female audiences?
    I've seen female fans support it. To me, it's less exploitative than Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. Bayonetta has sex appeal but she's comfortable in her own skin. Plus the first game didn't linger on it past the first few stages.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-15-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Getting some Sonic Adventure vibes here! Way past cool!
    The film is clearly based on Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure both have a Sky Chase, hence the similarity, but that badnik and the fact Eggman has an Eggomatic instead of a Egg Carrier means it's definitely a reference to Sonic 2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bayonetta is a character who is in control of her own sexuality so that helped the character gain a female base.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The film is clearly based on Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure both have a Sky Chase, hence the similarity, but that badnik and the fact Eggman has an Eggomatic instead of a Egg Carrier means it's definitely a reference to Sonic 2.
    The opening shot is clearly Adventure as it has the same setup as when Sonic went to city hall and encountered Chaos. The exterior shot of the temple where the master emerald is housed in is clearly Lost World from Adventure. Sonic is snowboarding in the trailer which is clearly from Adventure version of Ice Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The opening shot is clearly Adventure as it has the same setup as when Sonic went to city hall and encountered Chaos. The exterior shot of the temple where the master emerald is housed in is clearly Lost World from Adventure. Sonic is snowboarding in the trailer which is clearly from Adventure version of Ice Cap.
    Even Eggman's design is reminiscent of his Adventure redesign, minus the fat .

Sega had already released a Bayonetta Animated film called Bayonetta: Bloody Fate back in 2014. It was released in theaters and was opened to a mostly positive reception from what I gathered.

All Sega/Paramont Pictures has to do is use that same script as a blue print for their live-action adaptation. With a couple of tweaks along the way, I think they might have something.

Bayonetta is also one of Sega's hottest IPs right now, especially when Bayonetta 3 is slated to come out soon for the switch. They'd be fools not to announce a live-action feature, but then again, we are talking about Sega here.

Strike while the iron is hot.

Phantasy Star is a fine franchise but its missing a flagship character that audiences will be compelled to go see like a Cloud Strife, a Sephiroth or a Tifa Lockhart. Or even a Commander Shepard.

If Sega comes out with a Phantasy Star film, they will have to lock in a star-studded cast inorder to get butts in seats and drive ticket sales for opening weekend.

If this Sonic Sequel has a Chao Garden in it, I will go nuts.
    Last edited by Common Writer; 12-15-2021 at 10:26 AM.

I'll take your word for it.

The only other Sega product I know of is Virtua Fighter. Most fighting game movies such so maybe it could learn from their mistakes?

I think Bayonetta is better off in animation than live-action.

And that is something I don't say often.

I think Bayonetta is better off in animation than live-action.

And that is something I don't say often.
    I think it would be hard to capture Bayonetta's style and action in live-action.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would be hard to capture Bayonetta's style and action in live-action.
    You sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJJ..._channel=Catan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfLJ...nnel=KaitoJoka

I can't see this looking very good in live action.

You sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJJ..._channel=Catan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfLJ...nnel=KaitoJoka

I can't see this looking very good in live action.
    Didn't I say it would be hard...?

That fits Knuckles WAAAAY better than Sonic.

Knuckles is the OG of Sonic, anyway.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't I say it would be hard...?
    My apologies. I misread your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'll take your word for it.

The only other Sega product I know of is Virtua Fighter. Most fighting game movies such so maybe it could learn from their mistakes?
    The most effective adaptation of a Virtua Fighter film is to have it centered around Jacky Bryant's backstory. A former Indy Car driver puts his career on hold to investigate the disappearance of his sister, Sarah. Through participating in an underground tournament, he discovers the existence of the mystery group called J6 that could be behind Sarah's disappearance.