Thread: Legion of X

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Default Legion of X

I, for one, am hyped, as Way of X was my favorite book of the Krakoa era so far and I love Spurrier on Kurt.

I'm very curious where the story is going to go. Especially excited for Blindfold and ForgetMeNot

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm very curious where the story is going to go. Especially excited for Blindfold and ForgetMeNot
    Are you insulting his powers by remembering him?

Forge should be able to make him a power inhibitor that he can turn on and off, but prob won't because mutant ethics.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I think Way of X had some problems but I’m intrigued to see what Legion of X will do and it’s got Kurt in it so I’ll definitely check it out.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I hope they'll use the same team they showed in the teaser at the end of Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Are you insulting his powers by remembering him?
    Remember who?! I said nothing!

Honestly if Way of X was called and marketed as Legion of X it would have been a way better book. I think that small change will make such a difference in how it is received compared to way of x was.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly if Way of X was called and marketed as Legion of X it would have been a way better book. I think that small change will make such a difference in how it is received compared to way of x was.
    In my opinion titles have been an issue for this Krakoan era. You're right that Legion Of X would have been a better title for the original Way of X book, I also feel like Trial Of Magneto is a misnomer. And Marauders is a great book but having an X-team named 'Marauders' seems, at the very least, like it would be a trauma trigger for some of the Krakoan population.

Now that I've said that I can't remember if they're actually referred to as Marauders in the book (outside of the title, of course). If memory serves me correctly they haven't but I could be wrong.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Cautiously optimistic. I like Si’s writing, just don’t much like him writing Kurt.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Probably the only book with 2 former New X-Men.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I hope they'll use the same team they showed in the teaser at the end of Onslaught.
    I mean that was obviously a setup for this and they're all in the promo hyping the new line so unless it's an enormous bait and switch it feels like that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    In my opinion titles have been an issue for this Krakoan era. You're right that Legion Of X would have been a better title for the original Way of X book, I also feel like Trial Of Magneto is a misnomer. And Marauders is a great book but having an X-team named 'Marauders' seems, at the very least, like it would be a trauma trigger for some of the Krakoan population.

Now that I've said that I can't remember if they're actually referred to as Marauders in the book (outside of the title, of course). If memory serves me correctly they haven't but I could be wrong.
    They have been, in the early issues i remember there being a bit of a face palm in the issue when Kate chose the name and it was the first thing that popped in her mind. If i remember correctly there was also a conversation with callisto later about the name where she was okay with it as it not only did they do good with it they saved mutants and gave the morlocks a new home. Though i can see some apprehension on a team of xmen using the name i think the era completely reclaimed it as a name for justice for mutants so i like the use of Marauders.

Agree. Titles really have been a issue. Fallen Angels, Trial of, early Excalibur, X-Corp and so on. Even Sword would have greatly benefitted from a better title. Weird people like me sometimes think do i have to type S.W.O.R.D. instead of Sword for people to know what i mean and that's kind of a lot of work. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/